Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Think I’ll wait and hear back from the trust meeting with the PL before I decide if I’m truely and finally out. Tho wonder how many questions the PL palm off with their ‘confidential process’ bullshit

Have I missed something?  Are the Trust meeting the PL?

ScottishMagpie[/member]

Think I’ll wait and hear back from the trust meeting with the PL before I decide if I’m truely and finally out. Tho wonder how many questions the PL palm off with their ‘confidential process’ bullshit

Have I missed something?  Are the Trust meeting the PL?

ScottishMagpie[/member]

Chhers!  O0

The premier League only want MBS to undergo the test or be listed as a director so they can fail it. Still corruption of the highest order, bein other pl teams & who knows who else still get their own way.

They want to link PIF to the state so they can then link PIF to the piracy - and then fail it on that.  Without that link PIF have nothing to do with the piracy issues.  If you look up the owners of Man City there is no mention of sheikh mansour - please can members of Nust press Master's on this- why they pressing to link PIF to the state when they didn't do the same to Man City.  Saw mail reckoned it was because of Portsmouth but that's a load of rubbish- we've clear owners here.

Good analogy here of the arbitration issue, I f***ing hope the NUST give that smarmy cnut both barrels. I also believe the theory of waiting for the PL to make statement needs to ring true here, if they are guilty of not applying their own test correctly, either Ashley or PCP need to start legal action.

Unless there’s a chance of political manoeuvring behind the scenes, there is literally no long game to play here, just set the legal teams at them or let us know it’s done with.

https://twitter.com/RedRoseMichelle/status/1294392345430036481

Didn't Masters says determination was made in June?

Good analogy here of the arbitration issue, I f***ing hope the NUST give that smarmy cnut both barrels. I also believe the theory of waiting for the PL to make statement needs to ring true here, if they are guilty of not applying their own test correctly, either Ashley or PCP need to start legal action.

Unless there’s a chance of political manoeuvring behind the scenes, there is literally no long game to play here, just set the legal teams at them or let us know it’s done with.

https://twitter.com/RedRoseMichelle/status/1294392345430036481

Didn't Masters says determination was made in June?

They determined that they wanted govt or MBS subjected to test. My take is that was there only way of fudging it and getting out of making the decision, as they knew that would never happen.

Having slept on this last night, the more angry I am, the PL know they can’t fail PIF as a separate entity it’s as simple as that. The WTO treat them as a separate entity, and they appear recognised in the global business world as a separate entity. The PL can’t for their own reasons accept this and they should be getting pressed further on this matter, instead of trying to get arbitration on it, go to the WTO and international dept of trade and get their view on it.

What I think is really important at this point, was it just MBS they wanted including, or the whole Saudi govt. If it’s the former PCP said they offered all members of PIF to be be put forward, did this include MBS or not ? Even if it didn’t is that unreasonable, he’s a figurehead who as others have stated is highly unlikely to be concerned with the day to day running of us. Prince Charles is the figurehead of the Duchy does he involve himself in the day to day runnning, would he be put up for scrutiny if the duchy wanted to buy us.

And finally if it was the Saudi Govt they wanted to be made directors, why is this not being retrospectively applied to Man City who have a very similar set up.

They claim that the decision wasn’t about piracy, but it was all about piracy. They took 17 weeks to decide who they wanted to subject to the test in effect, it was the only outcome they could manufacture to delay and ultimately scupper this takeover.

The PL were never going to approve the deal, assurances or arbitration or whatever.

If they weren't satisfied with the information that the Saudis provided, they should have rejected the bid. But they didn't. Because they knew they had no reason to reject it based on their own O&D's test. They needed MBS on the ticket, so they could link the takeover to piracy and reject it.

PIF/Staveley/Ashley knew this, which is why it is now being played out in public. To try and shame the PL into making a decision that either a) results in an appeal/legal claim or b) pisses off their money men and the 'big boy clubs'.

Guest reefatoon

Love how people make a lot of stuff sound like "facts" :lol:

:lol: No information but stating things like they are facts. Fucking nutters.

Guest reefatoon

Have these Loh cousins ever chopped up journalists or pirated any games before? Might as well answer those questions now before we get sucked in again.

The chopping up of journalists isn’t a problem, but if they have been flogging snidey boxes down the Singapore market then they are fucked.

Have these Loh cousins ever chopped up journalists or pirated any games before? Might as well answer those questions now before we get sucked in again.

The chopping up of journalists isn’t a problem, but if they have been flogging snidey boxes down the Singapore market then they are fucked.

... or if they have enough wealth to upset the leagues favoured clubs.

Guest reefatoon

The chopping up of journalists isn’t a problem, but if they have been flogging snidey boxes down the Singapore market then they are f***ed.

... or if they have enough wealth to upset the leagues favoured clubs.

Aye, exactly. If you have a certain amount of money then you can piss off.