Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If you’ve got a spare 2 hours some interesting stuff in this. As per golfmag’s claim Yassir Al-Rumeyyan personally came to London and delivered documents and assurances to PL headquarters.

How many times does it need to be shown that these attention seeking knackers know fuck all, man?

Aye, exactly. If you have a certain amount of money then you can piss off.

this shit is really starting to bother me like :lol:

i refuse to believe the PL, who have a brand to promote and manage, would be sitting there not wanting more competition and better teams/players in the division rather than have more absolute non entities like us stinking the place up

not having it, it's fucking embarrassing as was that wor flags thing fwiw

If you’ve got a spare 2 hours some interesting stuff in this. As per golfmag’s claim Yassir Al-Rumeyyan personally came to London and delivered documents and assurances to PL headquarters.

How many times does it need to be shown that these attention seeking knackers know f*** all, man?

He has another show with the skets of Newcastle involved.

Guest neesy111

i refuse to believe the PL, who have a brand to promote and manage, would be sitting there not wanting more competition and better teams/players in the division rather than have more absolute non entities like us stinking the place up

Yeah I don't believe that stuff about the PL as well.  I'm sure they'd love to get rid Ashley who brings lots of negative stories and also TV companies do want us doing well as it drives more fans to watch games domestically.

Absolutely this.

It’s related to the Top Six Clique banding together to scupper the deal. Yeah, nah. According to Staveley (...), Liverpool and Tottenham lobbied against it - and how much weight can you put on their lobbying? After all, we were one of nine clubs to lobby against City’s overturning of their transfer ban, and that didn’t amount to a pinch of shit.

You can’t have prospective PL Chief Execs being subject to private ‘interviews’ with Man U & Liverpool and not leave yourselves open to suspicion, especially when 2 earlier candidates appear to have been black balled by those clubs.

The whole thing simple reeks of a concerted effort to stop this and the PL has done so by asking for something that will not happen. I kind of agree that that could well do with independent consideration as to whether it is a reasonable request but, a restricted time frame to that would need to be in place.

Anyway, what’s this about Singapore interest?

Surely that's the whole point. Top 6 lobby, they get results. Anybody lobbies against the top 6, they get politely told to fuck off.

You’re arguing that two of the Top Six get results, but five of the Top Six, plus four others, are outweighed by City alone?

You can’t have prospective PL Chief Execs being subject to private ‘interviews’ with Man U & Liverpool and not leave yourselves open to suspicion, especially when 2 earlier candidates appear to have been black balled by those clubs.

The whole thing simple reeks of a concerted effort to stop this and the PL has done so by asking for something that will not happen. I kind of agree that that could well do with independent consideration as to whether it is a reasonable request but, a restricted time frame to that would need to be in place.

This, people who choose to believe the PL is not a cartel choose to ignore how the latest CEO was selected. But when the Saudis return to purchase Man U for 3 billion in 2 years, they might realise they were a tad naive.

Aye it’s dead as neither is going to budge. Will be interesting to hear if NUST can get anything out of Masters on their position regarding trying to make the Saudi state a director.

I was also absolutely finished if this deal died and I’m quite obviously not because I’m an absolute mug. Will be getting mugged off all next season watching Brucieball as well. Depressing.

This, people who choose to believe the PL is not a cartel choose to ignore how the latest CEO was selected. But when the Saudis return to purchase Man U for 3 billion in 2 years, they might realise they were a tad naive.

If they spent the intervening three years sorting out their broadcasting and governance issues, purchase the next round of rights - and then decide Man U is a better proposition at that time - would you take them passing the O&D test then as evidence of cartel behaviour?

The PIF flaw has, apparently, been revealed as fatally flawed. Both the PL and one of their their biggest commercial partners were in legal conflict with KSA entities prior to launching their bid. There's about ten thousand questions related to that, but those prior lawsuits are a fact - and that has, seemingly, influenced their behaviour more than anything any club might have said.

Guest Cheesy Beans

It’s one hell of a messed up situation.

- PL claiming the deal is 100% dead, will only be resurrected if PIF allowed the Saudi state to be tested.

- PCP claiming the deal could still happen and asking for fans to ‘put pressure on’.

- Jamie Reuben liking posts on Twitter which would indicate the deal is still alive.

- Mehrdad Ghodoussi also posting cryptic messages and liking takeover related posts.

- George Caulkin with a direct line to the buyer completely silent (and largely has been since it collapsed).

- The Chronicle reporting it is alive and dead within 24 hours of each other.

- Michael Chopra indicating some form of takeover is still happening (who to be fair, has been right about Saudi interest before).

- A complete split across the rest of the media, it’s literally 50/50 on reporting positive and negative news. But such contrast between the positive and negative.

What an absolute shitshow.

The only agreed resolutions are:

- PIF come back and allow the Saudi state to be tested.

- PL compramise on their position.

- PIF work out a legal loophole to challenge the PL (such as the investment made through a different vehicle and not directly PIF).

I completely agree with Jacobs, PIF’s next month should be speaking directly to the fans and inform them if the deal is dead in the water or still in progress.

Interesting thread from Ben Jacobs, with this being a strange update:

Although I didn’t want to accept it at the time, Jacobs seems to have been the only journalist that’s provided an accurate assessment of what’s going on at almost every point.

Interesting thread from Ben Jacobs, with this being a strange update:

There will be a huge number of fans that will never be able to allow themselves to consider the negative side on this. It's all been about the buyers and assuming they're the perfect people. I dont trust the PL in this that much but I can equally take on board that the actual 80% stake holder or would be owner didnt want to take the fit and proper persons test, why?