Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Nothing to prevent them, so why aren’t they taking legal action instead of just walking away?

Why did Staveley ask fans to complain about the PL's unfair decision if PIF have just walked away? It doesn't make any sense.

Then again not much about this whole farce does.

I’m going with “They (As & RB) were surprised/disappointed that PIF withdrew and, knowing they had no legal recourse, threw a Hail Mary PR campaign.”

This.  Towards the end, AS and RB were spectators like the rest of us while PIF struggled with the PL and ultimately pulled out of the deal,

Nothing to prevent them, so why aren’t they taking legal action instead of just walking away?

Why did Staveley ask fans to complain about the PL's unfair decision if PIF have just walked away? It doesn't make any sense.

Then again not much about this whole farce does.

I’m going with “They (As & RB) were surprised/disappointed that PIF withdrew and, knowing they had no legal recourse, threw a Hail Mary PR campaign.”

This.  Towards the end, AS and RB were spectators like the rest of us while PIF struggled with the PL and ultimately pulled out of the deal,

My theory:

PIF has had enough and walked away. AS (and the Reubens) did not want to give up that easy and tried to convince PIF to come back to the table. PIF told them that they were still interested, but they finished answering any more questions from PL. If AS can fix this and the deal is approved as it is now, then fine, otherwise they are out.

AS, as a desperate, last ditch attempt reached out to the fans and Ashley to put some public pressure on the PL. It would be naive to think that this will change PL`s mind, but forcing them to make a public statement of the current state could make the basis of any further legal case. (or a threat of a legal case)

PL are still playing for time, hence the 2 weeks to reply to MPs. PIF are probably already looking into possibilities to buy some other club in a different league. Soon there will be a point of no return, when they no longer can be persuaded to come back.  It is very difficult to imagine that this takeover can be revived tbh.

I initially had a lot of anger towards the premier league and planned on boycotting it completely as I held them 100% to blame for the takeover failing. However now I have to put some blame on PIF as well for walking away and not forcing a decision, also not responding to the PL’s last statement says to me they aren’t blameless in this.

Either way anyone who thinks this could still get done is beyond deluded.

I initially had a lot of anger towards the premier league and planned on boycotting it completely as I held them 100% to blame for the takeover failing. However now I have to put some blame on PIF as well for walking away and not forcing a decision, also not responding to the PL’s last statement says to me they aren’t blameless in this.

I was with you right up until that last sentence. It's not optimism or delusion, it's quite reasonable that if the right circumstances came together, that the deal could still happen. The fact of the matter is at this time the whole club and it's fans are in limbo so anything is possible, the only thing that would draw a line under this whole thing would be another bidder coming in a buying the club, until that point anything could still happen, however unlikely. That's the harsh truth of the matter, it's why nobody can move on at this point however much they might want to convince themselves.

Why would you blame the PIF for getting fed up with the process? They’ve spent considerable amount of time and money, they’ve been asked to provide info and they responded as commercially reasonable to them. They provided assurances from their royal court and yet the league still was not satisfied. At some point you have to weigh risk and materiality with respect to a major transaction. They walked. They spent 17 weeks waiting for a decision that played out in the public domain. 

Please stop sharing Luke Edwards' tweets.

Please stop sharing anybody's tweets and if you really have to post them put them in the brain dead twatter thread rather than making this one unreadable for anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

Anyone think we'll ever hear from Staveley again?

The year is 2023, Brucey-boy has taken us down, new manager Joey Barton is hired to toughen up the team for a challenging Championship campaign, but is sacked after suspension number four in a season, this time after headbutting Tony Pulis, injuring his own eye on the brim of his cap in the process.

Mike Ashely finds a legal loophole to increase the maximum number of loan players and new manager Steven Taylor and his assistant Peter Ramage somehow drag us up to the prem again.

In the mean time, business woman Amanda Stavely has put together a consortium of Twitch Streamers, Kanye West and Martin Shkreli and has made a bitcoin offer for Newcastle United Football Club. "Third time's a charm!" she tells Luke Edwards in a TikTok interview/dance challenge.

Please stop sharing Luke Edwards' tweets.

Please stop sharing anybody's tweets and if you really have to post them put them in the brain dead twatter thread rather than making this one unreadable for anyone with a modicum of intelligence.

You say this like removing references to Twitter will make this thread readable?

PIF are well within their rights to walk away, They have been made well aware they aren't going to be accepted by the PL so they might as well save their cash for some other venture. They aren't obliged to NUFC to keep wasting their money chasing lost causes. The way is clear for Mauriss or the Bloh job twins to step in and show how it should be done.