Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Personally I think the takeover is dead but I so want Ashley to take on the Premier League so we hear about what happened in Court of Law.    Papers are full of shit and basically just writing things based on own allegiances.  We need to hear what happened in a court setting so we can see both sides about what actually went on.

I think the Toon have been shat on and denied a takeover but Im sure others think differently.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Is anyone else struggling to read all this stuff without a heavy wave of sheer disappointment taking over? Despite the absolute lies I told myself about being finished if the takeover didn’t happen I’d just about moved passed it. You start to look at the new season thinking well maybe if we stay up their might be another bid, I’ll try to be less emotionally involved this year blah blah. All the s**** you tell yourself because you’re a mug. Now this has been brought up with a new level of rejection it’s absolutely gutting all over again.

I was expecting that’s what we’d hear if we heard anything. I said on a few occasions there’s no way the PL would budge

I genuinely feel sorry for the fans who convinced themselves it was still happening :(

It sort of was though wasn’t it? Privately at least, the bid was re-submitted, pif was involved again.

Now unless they’re prepared to go to arbitration that would take an incredible amount of time (no information suggests this is likely) it’s flat dead on its arse. It’s absolutely gutting.

They can appeal, which is heard as soon as possible.

There is nothing to suggest they’re going to though? Unless I’m missing something.

Who says they won’t?

People have been adamant they walked away in July, they didn’t (well, not for long).

PIF are in as long as Staveley has confidence the deal can be done, they’ll only walk away if she does. She is still committed to the deal and will take it to appeal.

If it’s rejected on appeal it will be interesting, at that stage MA could take legal action but I have doubts the consortium would hang around that long.

I expect it to be approved on appeal.

Is anyone else struggling to read all this stuff without a heavy wave of sheer disappointment taking over? Despite the absolute lies I told myself about being finished if the takeover didn’t happen I’d just about moved passed it. You start to look at the new season thinking well maybe if we stay up their might be another bid, I’ll try to be less emotionally involved this year blah blah. All the s**** you tell yourself because you’re a mug. Now this has been brought up with a new level of rejection it’s absolutely gutting all over again.

I was expecting that’s what we’d hear if we heard anything. I said on a few occasions there’s no way the PL would budge

I genuinely feel sorry for the fans who convinced themselves it was still happening :(

It sort of was though wasn’t it? Privately at least, the bid was re-submitted, pif was involved again.

Now unless they’re prepared to go to arbitration that would take an incredible amount of time (no information suggests this is likely) it’s flat dead on its arse. It’s absolutely gutting.

There is nothing to suggest they’re going to though? Unless I’m missing something.

Who says they won’t?

People have been adamant they walked away in July, they didn’t (well, not for long).

PIF are in as long as Staveley has confidence the deal can be done, they’ll only walk away if she does. She is still committed to the deal and will take it to appeal.

If it’s rejected on appeal it will be interesting, at that stage MA could take legal action but I have doubts the consortium would hang around that long.

I honestly wish I had your optimism, I hope you’re right.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Who says they won’t?

Only time will tell, I suppose. A lot of people have a lot of opinions about this deal and it seems to be going from left to right at incredible pace.

It’d be nice if the Club/consortium confirm if/when the appeal has been lodged.

The piracy issues are still there, regardless of whether PIF are recognised as a separate entity (which I would think they could establish even if its bollocks) meaning beIN will still have the PL ear. If we see some movement there then who knows but for me I see this as Ashley going after the PL, hope he wins, but I see it as compensation not as a means for the takeover to complete. The PL do not want the Saudis in, beIN don’t want them in and the Top 6 don’t want them in. I can see them shuffling money to the PL to pay Ashley off.

There are a lot of people on here indulging in their usual "negative interpretations" after Ashley's Statement.

I do not know why?

Anyway, the message remains almost exactly as it was before last nights statement . . . "The deal is (still) far from dead, things are happening behind the scenes, all we can do is WAIT for the outcome"

Who says they won’t?

Realistically I think Ashley will probably have to appeal it through the PL's appeals process before taking it any further. He can't go to the CAS until they've been through the PL appeal process and it would probably really weaken any legal case brought against the PL if they haven't exhausted the appeals process first.

The club are able to appeal the decision with or without the involvement of PIF.

just thinking out loud here.......

Can't see this leading to the decision being overturned no matter what route it goes down.  Don't think the PL would reject it without being pretty confident they could defend their decision.  Don't subscribe the mad theory that the PL are in cahoots with the club/buyers and this is all part of plan to absolve them of any blowback when it gets approved by appeal board etc.  We all know who the pl are in bed with and it's not KSA.

Can they lodge an appeal against the decision whilst at the same time go through the courts for restriction of trade or such like?  Courts surely can't come in to play whilst an appeal is ongoing and a final FINAL decision is provided.

Anyway, who does the actual appealing?  Is it the club or the buyers?  It's the club that submitted the paperwork to the PL and all comms have gone via the club so logically it would be up to the club to lodge an appeal.  If they appeal then they're may be fleeting signs of life in the takeover happening but if they don't and go straight to courts for compo then it really is dead and all just about getting big mike some cash money.

There are a lot of people on here indulging in their usual "negative interpretations" after Ashley's Statement.

I do not know why?

Anyway, the message remains almost exactly as it was before last nights statement . . . "The deal is (still) far from dead, things are happening behind the scenes, all we can do is WAIT for the outcome"

The negative interpretations are based on the previous 13 years of Ashley. We can't have nice things. I struggle to comprehend why certain posters can't understand why other posters think the worst?

The over the top "Oh, mark my words, this is 100% happening" posts are really tiresome. There is middle ground in all of this but those posts tend to get ignored.

So, my view. I really really want this takeover to happen. I want to see the back of Ashley and believe this is the only (realistic short-term) way. However, regardless of how much Ashley wants it, Staveley wants it, PIF want it, the evidence, removing wild assumptions and guesswork, point to the fact that the PL have an issue with it. At the end of the day, it's their process, it's their "club". Unless something dramatic happens then I can't see this going through.

There has been no word from anyone that an appeal is going to happen (let's hope it does) and the only thing we know is a proven liar has released a statement about "considering options".

It's great to have positivity but it's also sensible to be realistic. That's the basis on the, as you call them, "negative" posts.

I havent followed this thread or all the theories so soz if im behind the curve, or being a doyle, but Can anybody clarify to me, Did Stavely say in print she thought other clubs, possibly Liverpool and Spurs got involved in our takeover with the PL ?Did she ever explain where this came from, and if she has evidence of this, wouldn't that be enough to totally discredit and make Master's decision improper?

I havent followed this thread or all the theories so soz if im behind the curve, or being a doyle, but Can anybody clarify to me, Did Stavely say in print she thought other clubs, possibly Liverpool and Spurs got involved in our takeover with the PL ?Did she ever explain where this came from, and if she has evidence of this, wouldn't that be enough to totally discredit and make Master's decision improper?

I don't recall Stavely specifically mentioning other prem teams in print or an interview mind. 

Rather than appealing the rejection, the club may consider applying for a Judicial Review.  A Judicial review process would examine whether the PL have correctly applied the O&D procedures in reaching their decision to reject the takeover.  If it is established they have exceeded the parameters of the O&D procedures in rejecting the takeover, regardless of the evidence of piracy etc, they could then be left with no other option than to allow the takeover.

Rather than appealing the rejection, the club may consider applying for a Judicial Review.  A Judicial review process would examine whether the PL have correctly applied the O&D procedures in reaching their decision to reject the takeover.  If it is established they have exceeded the parameters of the O&D procedures in rejecting the takeover, regardless of the evidence of piracy etc, they could then be left with no other option than to allow the takeover.

The Judicial review process only applies to decisions made by public bodies.

The President of the FA is a member of the Royal Family. Make sure we withdraw from the FA Cup too just in case they can’t differentiate the Football Association from the Royal Family.

We've already been doing that for the last decade.