Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The PL have taken a very risky line because their rules are absolutely clear that a formal decision should be issued in that circumstance.

It's one thing making a decision that they can then potentially reasonably defend, but their actions seem completely indefensible.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Absolutely fucking farcical...

The PL’s defence is ‘well actually, we’ve refused to make a decision’ :lol: How can this be allowed to continue? Even if it’s true, how can they sit here five months on refusing to make a decision.

Read Caulkin’s twitter/NUFC statement and then read the PL’s statement and they couldn’t be further apart.

Guest Cheesy Beans

What the fuck is this.

Other clubs are partial to the fury at PL HQ? How is that reported without anyone saying, ‘that’s a bit odd’.

I do hope Mike has something to back his claim up. At the moment it’s all a bit Vicky Pollard.

I don't really give a toss if he's got something to back it up or not. I'm not invested in Ashley so if he gets criticised by other PL clubs and their mouthpieces in the media so what? At least it's good to see the PL being made to squirm in public rather than doing their dirt behind closed doors. We have nothing to lose by now, might as well enjoy the shit show.

I lost interest a few weeks ago and life has been much better for it. But I’ll gladly keep popping in ant checking on the car crash in hope it claims as many corrupt souls as possible.

It’s a fully fledged soap opera now, treat it as such and enjoy the show.

So, am I right in thinking that unless NUFC pulled the takeover from PL it still stands?

Obviously that's a big thing for nufc and the takeover, but unless nufc state that it's done and withdrawn to the prem, it officially isn't?

Surely they have to apply their test, and ultimately fail it due to insufficient information being provided? How does it just stay open without a decision?

So, am I right in thinking that unless NUFC pulled the takeover from PL it still stands?

Obviously that's a big thing for nufc and the takeover, but unless nufc state that it's done and withdrawn to the prem, it officially isn't?

Surely they have to apply their test, and ultimately fail it due to insufficient information being provided? How does it just stay open without a decision?

I believe Newcastle United said the PL rejected it and said Masters has acted the wanker.

The PL responded by saying they wont be making a comment. Only for them to then make a comment by releasing a statement, and saying Masters didnt act a wanker & they haven't rejected any deal.

I believe Newcastle United said the PL rejected it and said Masters has acted the wanker.

The PL responded by saying they wont be making a comment. Only for them to then make a comment by releasing a statement, and saying Masters didnt act a wanker & they haven't rejected any deal.

Fair.

Suppose the only thing I'm wondering now, is if the PL should've rejected the deal if Information wasn't forthcoming?

They literally have no cutoff for takeover processes?

Guest neesy111

Fair.

Suppose the only thing I'm wondering now, is if the PL should've rejected the deal if Information wasn't forthcoming?

They literally have no cutoff for takeover processes?

Yeah and that is where the PL really want to be hanged for, they should've made a decision months ago over this.  If they have a valid legal excuse for rejecting the takeover then I'm fine with that, but to not make a decision to accept/reject is completely farcical.