Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Cheesy Beans

Apparently all the prospective owners have been passed but the Premier League won’t sign off as they fear someone else will be in charge, I.E. MBS.

Where is this from mate?

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/revealed-reasons-mike-ashley-has-instructed-legal-examination-newcastle-united-takeover-tests-premier-league-2970679

Liam Kennedy spot on the money.

The tanks have been parked firmly on the PL lawn

Wasn't that a quote attributed to Mike Ashley when he felt he was being unfairly done too?

Are we actually about to see Fatboy go nuclear on someone else for a change?

The tanks have been parked firmly on the PL lawn

Wasn't that a quote attributed to Mike Ashley when he felt he was being unfairly done too?

Are we actually about to see Fatboy go nuclear on someone else for a change?

It was from one of his pals years ago about what happens if you cross him if I remember right

The PL's legal insurers could potentially end up deciding this. I think there is a very good chance that they will take one look at this mess and require the PL resolve it out of court.

Can't believe no one picked up on this.

All this talk of suing the PL out of existence seems a bit silly; there is no way an organisation with the kind of liability exposure that the PL has doesn't have extensive legal insurance.

The point that they may end up being the true wielders of power is an interesting one, and not to be discounted :thup:

:thup: in my professional experience (although very different to this) insurers can have a significant influence over legal proceedings, and setting policy and procedures following legal proceedings, and they tend to be very risk averse.

The PL's legal insurers could potentially end up deciding this. I think there is a very good chance that they will take one look at this mess and require the PL resolve it out of court.

All this talk of suing the PL out of existence seems a bit silly; there is no way an organisation with the kind of liability exposure that the PL has doesn't have extensive legal insurance.

The point that they may end up being the true wielders of power is an interesting one, and not to be discounted :thup:

More than likely they do, but it's never stopped a company being bankrupted by legal action. Pretty sure insurance would only cover the legal costs if they won too.

Anyone who's got a car knows insureres will use any excuse to get out of paying now matter how small or irrelevant. Have a bump, but got tinted windows without telling them then your motor insurance is invalid.

The PL ignoring their own rules would surely be an issue to an insurer

Hopefully then it will be like most companies who, while initially try it on, end up settling out of court because they know a challenge would be costly and most likely end in their loss. Would be the best outcome, no mess and all parties could move on without drawing attention to blame anywhere or revealing any of the details that happened behind the scenes.

More than likely they do, but it's never stopped a company being bankrupted by legal action. Pretty sure insurance would only cover the legal costs if they won too.

Anyone who's got a car knows insureres will use any excuse to get out of paying now matter how small or irrelevant. Have a bump, but got tinted windows without telling them then your motor insurance is invalid.

The PL ignoring their own rules would surely be an issue to an insurer

Aye, the little man has to cover the costs of protecting the big fellas.

"The league are understood to feel that, with legal backing, the Saudi state could exert influence over the football club and would in effect be a ‘shadow director’."

Extract form the Gazette article.

This has been bubbling away in my head for awhile now.... So fucking what if MBS could control shit going on at NUFC?  What is it that he could do that has them worried?

"The league are understood to feel that, with legal backing, the Saudi state could exert influence over the football club and would in effect be a ‘shadow director’."

This has been bubbling away in my head for awhile now.... So fucking what if MBS could control shit going on at NUFC?  What is it that he could do that has them worried?

Is it (supposedly) just to do with the fact that we'd have a director who hadn't been through the proper checks? Regardless of any transgressions.

Unless im barking up the wrong tree, they need to establish that link to reject on Human rights grounds?

edit- But its my feeling they wanted to reject first then went looking for reasons to.

This has been bubbling away in my head for awhile now.... So f***ing what if MBS could control s*** going on at NUFC?  What is it that he could do that has them worried?

That's what I was thinking, I mean, he's not going to want to make a show of the club failing so it's doubtful he'd damage his own asset. Also, his ability to influence how much is spent or anything else around the club is going to be tempered by the rules already in place for all clubs. At most, he could treat the club as his own version of Football Manager, but that goes back to damaging the asset, unless anyone can think of anything else.