Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Not sure how to read into this. A legal action by a fan group isn’t going to get too far but if it’s a piece in a jigsaw that’s approved by Mike Ashley’s own legal team then it could be significant.

I’m still very much in the glass half empty side when it comes to this takeover. I’m not doubting they are trying to force it through but the cynical side of me is thinking, if things were going that well with De Marco why would they need the fans group to do this?

Whoever Mimms is :thup:

So in summary, a letter has been sent to the PL which is a final warning before they get taken to court.  It has been issued by a fans group (?) - but Liam Kennedy has tweeted to imply that the club/Saudis are involved?

Is that right?

I’d love to know if this fan consortium legal action has the backing of or is part of action being taken by Ashley and his legal team. Otherwise it’s just noise really isn’t it?

I’d love to know if this fan consortium legal action has the backing of or is part of action being taken by Ashley and his legal team. Otherwise it’s just noise really isn’t it?

Demarco, Jamie rueben and staveley’s husband have all liked or shared It so it’s got their public backing at least

Are they involved behind the scenes? Fuck knows

Exactly - hopefully its part of a concerted coordinated effort to turn the screw.

Bloke behind it seems to be an accountant and active in the energy/oil industry.

Demarco, Jamie rueben and staveley’s husband have all liked or shared It so it’s got their public backing at least

Looks like all of this is part of a coordinated strategy, interesting times.

That letter demands a response by the PL by 4pm on November the 3rd.

It also requests all documents from the PL, emails texts and even what's apps  :lol:

Imagine the corruption in those.

If documents like those are ever requested by a court of law you can bet your bottom dollar they will conveniently not exist or have been ‘lost’ :lol:

Looks like all of this is part of a coordinated strategy, interesting times.

Does it really though? All we’ve got is a few twitter likes from the right people. Think we need to see more substance than that to believe it’s a concerted joint effort. I really hope it is but not convinced yet.

Fan-led action, so essentially it means absolutely f*** all then  :lol:

Liam Kennedy has been a joke throughout this takeover, shamelessly stringing along fans for months

He’ll be back on Steve Wraith’s show again now

You literally couldn’t be more wrong about every statement you’ve just made.

That wasn’t the first time DeMarco saw that letter, let’s say he may have had an input in a lot of it. Ignore the fan led action bit as it really isn’t.

Kennedy probably knows the most out of any journo regarding this (that includes Caulkin)

Guest reefatoon

That letter demands a response by the PL by 4pm on November the 3rd.

It also requests all documents from the PL, emails texts and even what's apps  :lol:

Imagine the corruption in those.

If documents like those are ever requested by a court of law you can bet your bottom dollar they will conveniently not exist or have been ‘lost’ :lol:

They would pass it through well before they had to hand any of that over.  Quick, pass it so it goes away.

Liam Kennedy has been a joke throughout this takeover, shamelessly stringing along fans for months

That wasn’t the first time DeMarco saw that letter, let’s say he may have had an input in a lot of it. Ignore the fan led action bit as it really isn’t.

Kennedy probably knows the most out of any journo regarding this (that includes Caulkin)

Ok so this is more interesting. Thanks Mimms[/member], hope you’re right.

Best poster by a mile :lol:

Answer me one thing tho mimms. Who is moneymikeashley? :lol:

So it’s part of a coordinated strategy? :smitten:

It's a nice P.R. piece, if nothing else. Substantively, though, I have doubts that a supporters group would be found to have standing to pursue an anti-trust case here (i.e., how has the Consortium Supporters group been harmed?). And somebody else being behind it wouldn't solve that problem if they're not going to step up and be a party. Not hating on it, though--somebody has put some effort and money into it, so hopefully it helps.