Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I totally understand why mimms has so stay quiet but it so love to know what it is :lol:

Could it be the PL accepting evidence that MBS is not a shadow director?

That’d be it pretty much done

What would everybody think of Big Picture if it was the top 7 clubs with Newcastle included?

Everyone is saying no to it, but the Saudi takeover shows most will ignore their moral conscience when it suits.

Slightly off topic but.....dont we all do this?

Everytime we buy farmed meat? Everytime we lie?

Breaking societies moral codes and our own conscience and being forgiven is the basis for several religions. Its an everyday occurance.

Though ill admit admit part of the above is a bit different to murdering journalists

What would everybody think of Big Picture if it was the top 7 clubs with Newcastle included?

Everyone is saying no to it, but the Saudi takeover shows most will ignore their moral conscience when it suits.

Slightly off topic but.....dont we all do this?

Everytime we buy farmed meat? Everytime we lie?

Breaking societies moral codes and our own conscience and being forgiven is the basis for several religions. Its an everyday occurance.

Though ill admit admit part of the above is a bit different to murdering journalists

We have been over this 100 times before, let’s not go over it all again please.

My view is just the same as back in the spring. What Saudi Arabia do in Saudi Arabia is of no interest to me. I really dont care, I'm just in this for the football. No idea what that make me but I dont care about that either.

My view is just the same as back in the spring. What Saudi Arabia do in Saudi Arabia is of no interest to me. I really dont care, I'm just in this for the football. No idea what that make me but I dont care about that either.

Hold on.......thats not allowed.  You need to care what people think of you.  You can then go on Twitter, tell everyone your views and then complain when people criticise you.    Don't you know the rules of the web these days.......... :doh:

Hold on.......thats not allowed.  You need to care what people think of you.  You can then go on Twitter, tell everyone your views and then complain when people criticise you.    Don't you know the rules of the web these days.......... :doh:

No, I'm totally out of touch with the rules if the web.

Absolute bollocks.

No one I know who supports a "top 6" club was in favour of Big Picture.

Guess Sean knows best though :lol: :lol:

Nobody, the oracle.

Sean, the moral compass of the western world with the eyes to see through mischievous women since 2017.

Scary how what a lot of us on here presumed was going on looks like it has been to a T.

Yeah the Spurs stuff is very interesting.

If that is even half true it makes it absolutely clear why the “top six” would be so worried. I mean, 3.5 billion for Spurs, that is some level of investment and commitment from the Saudis.

Some of it in my skim reading sounds like we have heard this rumour and that being said. Does that sound like non evidence based hear say? Obviously they aren't going to reveal all their cards publicly but hopefully they can back up the claims made if it comes to it.

Scary how what a lot of us on here presumed was going on looks like it has been to a T.

Yeah the Spurs stuff is very interesting.

If that is even half true it makes it absolutely clear why the “top six” would be so worried. I mean, 3.5 billion for Spurs, that is some level of investment and commitment from the Saudis.

Exactly and what these owners in the top 6 will also be aware of is that there’s a very limited number of people who could afford to buy them. PIF will be one of these companies who could afford 3 Billion, they’ll be well aware a major potential purchaser down the line will have gone.

As Staveley said at the time their was a lot of jealousy behind all this.

someone paste the article it wants a signup or something

Refresh the page and stop the refresh before it loads. Might takes a few goes but definitely works. Also works on the telegraph articles. Someone from here posted that month's ago and it has been one of the best tips I've ever found in my 20 years of the Internet  :lol:

I mean you’d think that NCSL has some information that they can prove. What’s the point of pushing this to court without some real knowledge of what went on with the O&D process to break anti competition rules.

These lads seem to have previous with anti competition cases, and understand have won one much larger than this. By all accounts O’Donoghue is also a leading anti competition QC, so absolutely no reason not to believe in them.