Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Did it occur that maybe one is not connected to the other ?

Sure, it might not be. But I think it's unlikely it isn't connected now, as the amount of money involved for Staveley is absolutely huge in comparison to her estimated net worth.

I just can't see her using a case against Barclays, winning it hopefully so she can fund part buying us, or paying back borrowing to buy us.

Just sounds like pure fantasy. 2+2=5 like.

A couple of petrol shop owners just bought out Asda with Asda's own money, stranger things can happen. I'm just saying that it can't be ruled out is all. In the pre-Covid times when things were more stable, it was easier to risk a bigger % of your assets on seemingly risky ventures. But now the risks are higher due to the volatility and unpredictability of the economy, she may not be as willing to part with whatever standing capital that she had available outside the Barclay's case at this point in time. So my overriding point is the outcome of the case would matter more now, than it did when it was initially brought. However, I do agree it's far fetched that the takeover bid was launched predicated on funds from a court case not even brought yet. There's more nuance to this than some are suggesting.

Did it occur that maybe one is not connected to the other ?

Sure, it might not be. But I think it's unlikely it isn't connected now, as the amount of money involved for Staveley is absolutely huge in comparison to her estimated net worth.

I just can't see her using a case against Barclays, winning it hopefully so she can fund part buying us, or paying back borrowing to buy us.

Just sounds like pure fantasy. 2+2=5 like.

A couple of petrol shop owners just bought out Asda with Asda's own money, stranger things can happen. I'm just saying that it can't be ruled out is all. In the pre-Covid times when things were more stable, it was easier to risk a bigger % of your assets on seemingly risky ventures. But now the risks are higher due to the volatility and unpredictability of the economy, she may not be as willing to part with whatever standing capital that she had available outside the Barclay's case at this point in time. So my overriding point is the outcome of the case would matter more now, than it did when it was initially brought. However, I do agree it's far fetched that the takeover bid was launched predicated on funds from a court case not even brought yet. There's more nuance to this than some are suggesting.

Oh I would agree with that, but I think in our desperation we're seeing mirages. I hope I'm wrong like, I really do.

Guest neesy111

It has fuck all to do with any potential bid for us, it's just Mr Douglas trying to get those sweet, sweet page visits.

This.

It’s definitely connected, the money that the Reubens put up as a deposit to cover Staveley was based on the money she'd make off the case. I’m sure she could probably scape it together if she loses but it’s still significant.

Like I mentioned before, I’d heard there was a different setup that could move forward that didn’t involve her.

How could you know that, or anyone else for that matter ?

That just sounds like something plausible but it reality is just utter nonsense.

It’s mentioned in the charge file that was put up on the companies house last March/April that the amount owed could be claimed against any potential financial judgements in the Barclays case.

If she would have had her 10% to put up back then, the Reubens wouldn’t have had to front her for it.

Chinese government have ordered a ban on ownership of foreign clubs. The WBA owner has been told to sell or pull the plug on them.

The Southampton owner has desperately been trying to sell the club for over a year.

This isn’t the 1st time this has happened and it happens every time the Chinese economy shrinks a little.

How can the EPL and other football authorities keep allowing them to invest when the investment is on condition of the Chinese governments whim?

Yet our takeover gets blocked because they believe the same could be done to us even though we would have legal separation.

Chinese government have ordered a ban on ownership of foreign clubs. The WBA owner has been told to sell or pull the plug on them.

The Southampton owner has desperately been trying to sell the club for over a year.

This isn’t the 1st time this has happens and it happens every time the Chinese economy shrinks a little.

How can the EPL and other football authorities keep allowing them to invest when the investment is on condition of the Chinese governments whim?

Yet our takeover gets blocked because they believe the same could be done to us even though we would have legal separation.

Exactly - they cant allow one party to have undue influence but deny another.

It's actually good news for our takeover if the Chinese are being banned by their own govt from investing in foreign clubs, means there's less money floating around the Premier, and league officials will look even more negligent for turning down money coming into English football.

This isn’t the 1st time this has happened and it happens every time the Chinese economy shrinks a little.

This 👏

Puns aside, anyone really believe something will be done by the end of this month or even early March? I'm fully expecting it not to happen in that timeframe and the new excuse or deadline will be to see whether we can keep our Premier League status. And the next one after that will be we'll have to wait a month because of Ramadhan in mid-April and after that it'd be the Eid celebrations. Drag on until the summer and Bruce gets to spend money on shit players again.

I'm Team Takeover for sure, but it's naive to think that our Premier League status doesn't affect the takeover. Now that we're where we are on the calendar, I think this won't officially get over the line until the end of the season now or at the very least once our status has been confirmed. If all the background bullshit had been cleared out by the last window I think it would've gone through then but now we're essentially in a holding pattern (even if all of the supposed road blocks were cleared out today) until we're definitely going to be in the Prem next season.

See even the ultra positive wraith, geordie dentist and steve hastie are now voicing there will be no takeover if we are relegated. They also are of the opinion that Ashley would not reduce his price either in this event. The question that keeps springing to my mind is if the takeover was going so full steam, then why is Ashley allowing the club to drift towards possible relegation by no investment in January and more importantly keeping Bruce in a job.

I've seen some say he's not doing it as he is waiting for the takeover to come through to allow the new potential owners to make the decision - sorry that's just total bollocks. There is not a hope in hell this takeover goes through in the event of relegation and I don't give a s*** what the likes of Caulkin are saying that they still may. It would make no business sense to buy a club which would be worth half the current value and there is also no chance Ashley would drop the price to an acceptable level either.

See even the ultra positive wraith, geordie dentist and steve hastie are now voicing there will be no takeover if we are relegated. They also are of the opinion that Ashley would not reduce his price either in this event. The question that keeps springing to my mind is if the takeover was going so full steam, then why is Ashley allowing the club to drift towards possible relegation by no investment in January and more importantly keeping Bruce in a job.

I've seen some say he's not doing it as he is waiting for the takeover to come through to allow the new potential owners to make the decision - sorry that's just total bollocks. There is not a hope in hell this takeover goes through in the event of relegation and I don't give a s*** what the likes of Caulkin are saying that they still may. It would make no business sense to buy a club which would be worth half the current value and there is also no chance Ashley would drop the price to an acceptable level either.

My thoughts entirely. Won't happen. Ashley won't drop the price enough for it to go through and we'd definitely be stuck with Bruce aswell since he's such a brilliant Championship manager.

My thoughts entirely. Won't happen. Ashley won't drop the price enough for it to go through and we'd definitely be stuck with Bruce aswell since he's such a brilliant Championship manager.

So borrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddd!  Is Ashley stays then Im gone.........that is all!

So borrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddd!  Is Ashley stays then Im gone.........that is all!

Same. It's a win win situation for me. Either the takeover goes through and I can look forward to us competing again or it doesn't and I completely walk away. I'm not just on about NUFC either. I'm not watching another Premier League game. Haven't watched many this season so next should be easier

It's pointless listening to anyone now as there is so much contradictory commentary out there. Too many people are just trying to fill the silence.

The one thing I would say about buying a club if it's worth half what it is now is that they would be buying the potential. This club can be massive with the right ownership and management. That's what they'd be paying for.

:clap: :clap:

Spot on and that first part is the question I have been asking for weeks. If he was “desperate to sell” and had a 300m offer going full steam ahead as most this board seem to think then letting us drift towards relegation with Steve Bruce in charge still whilst doing nothing makes absolutely no sense, even by Ashley’s standards.

I can see us starting next season with that fat c*** as owner and the other still in the dugout, 27 years of following us now makes me certain that’s what is in store for us.

I can't believe how much Ashley has turned Newcastle United into a club that die hard fans want to genuinely lose games if it means he is gone, its desperately sad and fucking annoying. In the modern era there is only really Chelsea that has lost all identity, their owner has such power over them and they are so scared that he will fuck off that they never question none of his decisions.

The relationship between Ashley and Newcastle is dead and needs to end, however if he brings back Rafa he will have my full support till the end of the season.

I can't believe how much Ashley has turned Newcastle United into a club that die hard fans want to genuinely lose games if it means he is gone, its desperately sad and f***ing annoying. In the modern era there is only really Chelsea that has lost all identity, their owner has such power over them and they are so scared that he will f*** off that they never question none of his decisions.

The relationship between Ashley and Newcastle is dead and needs to end, however if he brings back Rafa he will have my full support till the end of the season.

People want NUFC to lose games to get rid of Ashley.  To be honest NUFC are doing a good job of it on their own with the fans hoping they lose.    Only reason most toon fans don't want NUFC to go down is for that faint glimmer of hope that is the takeover.  Without the takeover, NUFC is a shell and is pointless.