Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

In which case they will have to pay for our relegation.

Whatever happens Ashley wins. And this time round the club will win with him.

:lol:

I must have missed the part where they forced us to not give Rafa a new contract and instead employ the guy with one of the worst managerial records in the history of English football.

Rafa has no relevance to events that occurred after he left. Ashley had 12 months ago got himself into a position where he could sell the club for the price he wanted. That’s the objective truth.

If Ashley can prove that managers and players turned us down in the past 12 months because of takeover uncertainty, he’s won.

Appreciate people have different views on whether we’d win a court case against the PL (factoring out relegation for a sec) or whether Ashley would just pocket the money those are all fair views.

But if like me you believe that the PL acted illegally and will eventually lose in the courts if we don’t get the PIF takeover then rest assured that in being relegated we will win and the PL and its clubs will lose massively.

Later perhaps but I haven’t seen a single constructive post as to why relegation won’t be worse for the PL than it will be for us (assuming the PL acted unlawfully, and Ashley would sell at reduced value if he receives a to. Of compo)

This idea that Ashley is a gambler and likes to take risks is a bit bollocks really, he likes to run things as cheaply as possible by spending as little as possible in the process, Ashley wants this takeover to go through so he gets paid and no other reason, his "gamble" is that if the takeover doesn't happen he can get some compensation. Bruce is still in a job because we are 17th and 3 points clear and it will cost £4 million to get rid of him not to mention the cost of the new guy.

If Bruce offered to walk today with no payoff he'd be gone with a caretaker employed tomorrow.

This idea that Ashley is a gambler and likes to take risks is a bit bollocks really, he likes to run things as cheaply as possible by spending as little as possible in the process, Ashley wants this takeover to go through so he gets paid and no other reason, his "gamble" is that if the takeover doesn't happen he can get some compensation. Bruce is still in a job because we are 17th and 3 points clear and it will cost £4 million to get rid of him not to mention the cost of the new guy.

If Bruce offered to walk today with no payoff he'd be gone with a caretaker employed tomorrow.

You’re analysis falls short when you look at the fact he’s likely to lose half the value of the club and any possible takeover in the event of relegation. The two threads have constant daily updates when fuck all has happened of any note for a good few weeks (if not months).

Ashley probably has a stack of emails from managers and players agents saying they won’t sign for us whilst the takeover situation is unresolved.

In the event of us going down Ashley will wave these as the courts and say he couldn’t sack Bruce and couldn’t sign the players. He tried.

Either the courts will a) block our relegation or b) compensate Ashley so much that he will sell the club at a pittance.

In event a) PIF can then buy the club. In event b), Staveley and Reubens and some second rate investors will buy the club and PIF will buy out investors upon takeover.

Never go full James  :lol:

Appreciate people have different views on whether we’d win a court case against the PL (factoring out relegation for a sec) or whether Ashley would just pocket the money those are all fair views.

But if like me you believe that the PL acted illegally and will eventually lose in the courts if we don’t get the PIF takeover then rest assured that in being relegated we will win and the PL and its clubs will lose massively.

I genuinely have no clue what your angle is.

How important to the PL do you think we are? They've already proven that they don't give a shit about us or anyone else who isn't in their 'Big 6' category.

In what way do you think the PL and the other clubs lose massively if we get relegated?

Also, your idea that you can somehow prove that people didn't take the job because of the takeover is fanciful stuff. Even then, it is in no way the PL's fault if we get relegated. It is 100% down to Ashley. No one else.

Later perhaps but I haven’t seen a single constructive post as to why relegation won’t be worse for the PL than it will be for us (assuming the PL acted unlawfully, and Ashley would sell at reduced value if he receives a to. Of compo)

We're a club who have and will continue to flirt with relegation in the coming seasons, providing we stay up. We don't compete for trophies and we have virtually no household names, certainly none that will enhance 'the product' as the Premier League see it.

We will pull in a bigger viewership than say Watford, but that's about all we offer - and it's hardly something the Premier League will be shitting their pants over.

On the other hand, we lose our Premier League status, there's no telling how long it'll take us to recover,  especially as it looks like Mike will be here for the foreseeable and has lost any remaining interest, by all accounts.

If the Premier League were that fussed about our existence they'd have most likely waved through the takeover.

I think you're absolutely deluded if you think relegation would be a bigger loss to the Premier League than it would be to us. It isn't even a debate.

We're a club who have and will continue to flirt with relegation in the coming seasons, providing we stay up. We don't compete for trophies and we have virtually no household names, certainly none that will enhance 'the product' as the Premier League see it.

We will pull in a bigger viewership than say Watford, but that's about all we offer - and it's hardly something the Premier League will be shitting their pants over.

On the other hand, we lose our Premier League status, there's no telling how long it'll take us to recover,  especially as it looks like Mike will be here for the foreseeable and has lost any remaining interest, by all accounts.

If the Premier League were that fussed about our existence they'd have most likely waved through the takeover.

I think you're absolutely deluded if you think relegation would be a bigger loss to the Premier League than it would be to us. It isn't even a debate.

It’s a compensation loss, not a loss of our presence.

I’d value the loss at £150-300m plus any cost risk of us not going straight back up.

PL don’t have any money so clubs going to have to pay in the region of at least £10m each and the clubs will inevitably sack the PL board. So it is a massive PL loss.

I realise that from the outside looking in there are a number of factors not related to the takeover that will have caused the relegation.

It is very easy to say: get a better manager, sign better players etc.

But if Players and managers  rejected us because they were concerned about job security due to the takeover, or we couldn’t afford players due to having to avoid incurring debt (again due to takeover) then these are objective reasons why a court would accept that the PL caused the relegation.

The PL will have legal insurance which would likely cover the costs if it came to that, it's not likely to be a case of the clubs having to pay out for it to prevent the PL from being bankrupted.

They'll lose their no-claims bonus, though.

:lol:

It’s a compensation loss, not a loss of our presence.

I’d value the loss at £150-300m plus any cost risk of us not going straight back up.

PL don’t have any money so clubs going to have to pay in the region of at least £10m each and the clubs will inevitably sack the PL board. So it is a massive PL loss.

I realise that from the outside looking in there are a number of factors not related to the takeover that will have caused the relegation.

It is very easy to say: get a better manager, sign better players etc.

But if Players and managers  rejected us because they were concerned about job security due to the takeover, or we couldn’t afford players due to having to avoid incurring debt (again due to takeover) then these are objective reasons why a court would accept that the PL caused the relegation.

I was going g to write a detailed response to this, but it's just so out there I wouldn't know where to start. Safe to say I have as much chance as shagging Margot Robbie.

Guest neesy111

I'd love to know why relegation would be worse for the Prenier League than it would for us. Cloud cuckoo land man  :lol:

It would be bad for both with Newcastle's following, but yeah of course it affects us far more.  :lol: :lol:

If this isn't done for next season and we're still in the PL it'll probably be the worst top-flight season we've ever had. Honestly, what fucking hope would we have? Ashley and Bruce still here for another season ffs.