Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

That’s a really well written letter I have to say and I never saw it last year.
It really leaves me in no doubt that we have been royally fucked over here. PIF is a separate legal entity according to the laws in place and it is operated for the benefit of the KSA, but not by the KSA. That’s the public business line and how the PL can presume this is wrong is based on no actual evidence. This whole thing is just laughable and there’s clearly cloak and dagger bollocks going on here

TBF, being a separate legal entity is great but it doesn’t mean the state don’t pull the strings in reality. 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Nothing at all wrong with being positive there are plenty on here that’s positive that don’t repeat themselves constantly 

And there are negative posters who constantly repeat themselves, it isn’t a one way street.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

TBF, being a separate legal entity is great but it doesn’t mean the state don’t pull the strings in reality. 

It isn’t about what the state may or may not do, it’s about separation of PIF which appears to have been established.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

You could argue that about any organisation though, couldn’t you? I.e. do Russia have control over Chelsea with how bent they are and how close Abramovich is to Putin?

The PL’s thought process that MBS will care about the minute detail of what happens in Newcastle has always confused me. I’m not even sure PIF will be that hands on and are more providing the finance for Staveley to run the show while they get some good press on the back of us being successful.

9 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

And there are negative posters who constantly repeat themselves, it isn’t a one way street.

I know it’s almost like I was referring to that in my original post :lol:

Point I was making was negative ones like Sean, penn etc rightly get hammered for it but the relentless positive ones get away with it. Human nature I suppose people naturally would rather hear/read postive things 

Edited by gdm

4 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

It isn’t about what the state may or may not do, it’s about separation of PIF which appears to have been established.

Not quite from what I understand. The test says something about anyone that might have the influence of a director who might not have been declared. Or something like that.

I don’t think it’s just legal separation you need. Someone could be legally separate but still have influence that might qualify them.

It’s a rule that’s open to biased application as well, of course. 

The shadow control thing always confuses me. You could argue that there’s so many different people that exert control over the business and I don’t see how you test this. It’s obvious to me (and anyone that has followed this thing over the last year) that they are using this to try and link everything to piracy

27 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's phenomenally ironic that the PL a might snag the Takeover because of concerns over outside influences :lol:

It's all very well the EPL arguing that as head of state MBS should be a director and as such NUFC would be owned by the KSA, but judging by the volatile nature of KSA governance MBS could easily be deposed as head of state by the King in the same way the previous royal incumbent was deposed and replaced by MBS.  So MBS would no longer be a representative of the KSA state.  Would the EPL then demand that his royal replacement becomes a director of NUFC!  I think not unless they want to cause an international incident.  It's just nonsense that MBS should be a director before the O&D test can be concluded!!!

1 hour ago, andyc35i said:

The shadow control thing always confuses me. You could argue that there’s so many different people that exert control over the business and I don’t see how you test this. It’s obvious to me (and anyone that has followed this thing over the last year) that they are using this to try and link everything to piracy

Yeah, even if the PL can make a sound case that the KSA would control the club, it's the way they've gone about things that will be the main issue for the CAT case I think. The delays, refusing to make a formal decision, failure to distance themselves from the influence of beIN and other premier league clubs, the leaking of negative information. That makes it look like their decision was not fair and balanced. Plus the potential inconsistency when set against what they've required from Man City and Crystal Palace.

Edited by Jackie Broon

That’s where my positive thinking comes in here. I just don’t see how they can argue that they acted fairly when all things are considered. I also find it funny how they argue about shadow influence, when it’s quite clear to everyone that BeIN and the Big Six exerted influence on the PL process.

I’m thinking that when the season ends, some serious conversations will take place to stop this continuing to drag on through an anti competition case.

5 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

That’s where my positive thinking comes in here. I just don’t see how they can argue that they acted fairly when all things are considered. I also find it funny how they argue about shadow influence, when it’s quite clear to everyone that BeIN and the Big Six exerted influence on the PL process.

I’m thinking that when the season ends, some serious conversations will take place to stop this continuing to drag on through an anti competition case.

The letter from Bein objecting to the move was a massive influence and Key's deleted tweets provide evidence that he knew what was going on.

12 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

What is this with Richard Keys that everyone refers to as evidence? I get that he works for BeIN, but I have obviously missed what the hairy bugger was saying last year about us.

That Hoffman is his BFF and will sort out the Newcastle issue.

Edited by Jackie Broon

When you watch that, set against the case made in NCSL's original letter before action, that the PL had a legal duty under competition law to publicly distances themselves from any hint of influence from beIN, it does not look good for them.

15 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Government are considering making the PL use an independent regulator for key decisions 

This is huge for the takeover! 

Pressure well and truly on!

Would that not happen in the future? And not relevant for us?

A way of the government stamping authority after this shit show though. Good news in that sense.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Maybe, but as our takeover is going to be in the future...it might fall within it. Saying that...the government would probably take 3 years and £1.4B just to get it into play. 

And then appoint Masters and Hoffman as the independent regulators

All these little bits and pieces that may look fairly innocuous on their own will hopefully add up to a unfavourable picture overall.

The Bein influence could be a big part of the anti-competition case as it must have been discussed at length at the PL - meeting minutes and emails could be pretty interesting...

Tyson Fury has confirmed fight will be in Saudi

Saudi will now be the 'hottest' (in more ways than one) destination on the planet.

I think this could be great for us 👍

Edited by New Beginnings
Spelling

2 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Saudi will now be the 'hottest' (in more ways than one) destination on the planet.

Aye the fight is on the same day the Premier league starts, perfect day for a bit sport washing 

5 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

It’s not the first high profile fight to be there though.

Isn’t Eddie Hearn a friend of Jamie Rueben?

12 minutes ago, Stifler said:

It’s not the first high profile fight to be there though.

Isn’t Eddie Hearn a friend of Jamie Rueben?

By a country mile, its the biggest for a British audience 

This is a massive deal in world sport. Joshua v Fury is the biggest fight since Mayweather Pacquio 

32 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

He name dropped them a fair amount - Interesting to see if any negative press comes out.