Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

30 minutes ago, RS said:

It does feel like perhaps the barriers are coming down. If only we had a sign………..

Nothing to see here, just the normal every day photo of a barrier knocked over 

31 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I still don't think it will happen, but it's nice to have a bit of hope anyway.

Too depressing otherwise.

When i say i'm all in etc, i'm just having a bit of a laugh, nee one has a clue.

I think it has to be all in at this point because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about, what's the point in carrying on if its just more Ashley and Bruce ad infinitum? I'll believe it until its not true anymore and then I'll bow out.

22 minutes ago, Ashley17 said:

Nothing to see here, just the normal every day photo of a barrier knocked over 

he knows what he’s doing, don’t care what anyone says. The question is whether he really is the messiah or just a very naughty boy winding up the fans. If it’s the latter then he must expect it to blow up in his face and backfire at some point.

25 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Confidence has never been an issue, on Staveley's part, the fans' part and even the Premier League's part. I want to know why the consortium were so confident, even given private assurances supposedly that there were "no red flags" when that clearly was not the case, later on in the process

To be fair the PL never gave any indication there were any red flags because even the Government thought it was going through. 

Little be known the PL were just stalling, and that was the very start of them doing so. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Imagine if in July England win the Euros and the takeover happens. That would make for quite a good month. 

If you’re not careful you’ll get a slot on soccer Saturday with insight like that. :milner:

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

he knows what he’s doing, don’t care what anyone says. The question is whether he really is the messiah or just a very naughty boy winding up the fans. If it’s the latter then he must expect it to blow up in his face and backfire at some point.

The moment he included the Newcastle Brown Ale there was no turning back. Absolutely no chance on Earth that was a coincidence. Even more so with the replies he gets in his tweets. He's not a wind up merchant, he's a top level lawyer with a huge reputation.

Unless he started to get a bit jealous of mouth of the tyne perhaps? [emoji38]

10 minutes ago, Dokko said:

This 100%

9 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

The moment he included the Newcastle Brown Ale there was no turning back. Absolutely no chance on Earth that was a coincidence. Even more so with the replies he gets in his tweets. He's not a wind up merchant, he's a top level lawyer with a huge reputation.

Unless he started to get a bit jealous of mouth of the tyne perhaps? [emoji38]

He comes across as someone who takes his reputation and the recognition of his abilities very seriously. He’s far too self aware for these shots and the excitement they generate in some sections of our support, to be doing it all accidentally. The cans and the dropped barrier are obvious nods to the takeover process. What’s important to remember though is that it’s very very one sided the noise that we are hearing, the premier league may be just as confident.

1 hour ago, RS said:

It does feel like perhaps the barriers are coming down. If only we had a sign………..

Yeah, saw that one too. The barrier to overseas investment is down, perhaps? ;)

Friday's was the big one for me though. The message I took from it was "waiting for the green light". Now, people can scoff, and I'm not saying that it means it's definitely happening, but I'd say an agreement of some kind could be on offer, mainly from Ashley's side. Sign it to make the CAT go away?

De Marco's body language and facial expression is that of someone steadfastly focused on waiting for something to happen. Resting back, arms folded, shirt cuff pulled back to reveal his watch. And he is staring intensely at the word "green". All to a backdrop of traffic lights, all on green. On his right is a table with a watch and a pen.

He was basically saying an agreement is on the table waiting to be signed off, but there is a time constraint to getting that deal done before things get ugly. And that deadline is the day before before arbitration starts, because if that goes ahead then so does the CAT, if the jurisdiction verdict allows it.

Oh yeah, and the street is Medina Villas. You know, THAT Medina. In Saudi Arabia. Where any google search of the name brings up an image of the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi, a mosque with a massive green dome.

RZil9AD.jpg

5 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Yeah, saw that one too. The barrier to overseas investment is down, perhaps? ;)

Friday's was the big one for me though. The message I took from it was "waiting for the green light". Now, people can scoff, and I'm not saying that it means it's definitely happening, but I'd say an agreement of some kind could be on offer, mainly from Ashley's side. Sign it to make the CAT go away?

De Marco's body language and facial expression is that of someone steadfastly focused on waiting for something to happen. Resting back, arms folded, shirt cuff pulled back to reveal his watch. And he is staring intensely at the word "green". All to a backdrop of traffic lights, all on green. On his right is a table with a watch and a pen.

He was basically saying an agreement is on the table waiting to be signed off, but there is a time constraint to getting that deal done before things get ugly. And that deadline is the day before before arbitration starts, because if that goes ahead then so does the CAT, if the jurisdiction verdict allows it.

Oh yeah, and the street is Medina Villas. You know, THAT Medina. In Saudi Arabia. Where any google search of the name brings up an image of the Al-Masjid an-Nabawi, a mosque with a massive green dome.

RZil9AD.jpg

Wow :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Wandy said:

By the way, the list on the window of those empty premises in De Marco's tweet says "Now Recruiting". And below it, if I'm not mistaken, is the word "manager". [emoji38]

Loving the insight :lol:

How do you know for definite that the word is "GREEN" and how do you know its "MEDINA VILLAS" ?

So the positives are-

Rafa still out of work

De Marco tweets

Loads of rumours 

Ashley very happy

Keith's spin

No kit deal announced

No shop yet

Planes and boats all over 

Bruce's silence

Any more ? 

Wild guess but I wonder if these subtle hints by Di Marco is perhaps his way of telling us that the Premier League's attempt at getting the CAT thrown out was rejected and that this was the 'barrier' that had been knocked down. The timing of the dates makes me wonder

5 minutes ago, Robster said:

Loving the insight :lol:

How do you know for definite that the word is "GREEN" and how do you know its "MEDINA VILLAS" ?

The place is he looking at is called Hixon Green, and it's on the corner of Medina Villas & Church Road, in Hove.

Do a Google Maps search of Hixon Green, Hove.

If you look at the photo, he also included the reflection of the street sign for Medina Villas (next to his right arm).

Edited by Wandy

Like I say, I believe that at least 95% of his tweeted photos over the last 10 months have had bugger all to do with NUFC. But I just feel there is something in this one, lol. 

He knows that his twitter audience is NUFC fans and that everything he posts is analysed. He can't be so unprofessional as to go leaking info left, right and centre so he drops a bit of info in just now and again.

9 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The place is he looking at is called Hixon Green, and it's on the corner of Medina Villas & Church Road, in Hove.

Do a Google Maps search of Hixon Green, Hove.

If you look at the photo, he also included the reflection of the street sign for Medina Villas (next to his right arm).

:lol: :thup:
Fair enough.
It's an odd photo to post mind, if it's not some secret takeover message.

Just now, Robster said:

:lol: :thup:
Fair enough.
It's an odd photo to post mind, if it's not some secret takeover message.

I thought it was quite arty actually. Reminded me of when I did my GCSE in photography many years ago. [emoji38]

If he has really done all of that deliberately, then I for one would like De Marco to be the next manager of NUFC.

Imagine how he'd signal his pre match team selections through the spectrum of artistic photographs, or perhaps interpretive dance.

What a press conference that would be.

As opposed to Steve Bruce telling us what he once thought whilst he was on the toilet.