Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Some poor sod is going to come home from a hard days work later and decide to have a look on the forum and see there's been loads of new posts on the takeover thread, get a bit excited, only to discover 30 minutes later (which he/she will never get back) of reading through all the posts realise it just the usual crew having there weekly spat. Same old bullshit constantly 

There is pages and pages of pointless shit on this forum not just limited to the takeover thread. 

12 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

Some poor sod is going to come home from a hard days work later and decide to have a look on the forum and see there's been loads of new posts on the takeover thread, get a bit excited, only to discover 30 minutes later (which he/she will never get back) of reading through all the posts realise it just the usual crew having there weekly spat. Same old bullshit constantly 

People wouldn’t have to same discussions if people didn’t continue to post bullshit rumours, Twitter drivel and photos from De Marco analysed to the nth degree.

There’s a separate thread for that. 

People got all high and mighty about the other thread and relentlessly whinged on about anyone who went into there with any sense/realism. Now everyone stopped going into that thread to engage with them, it seems they post it all in here and whinge about the same thing.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

13 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I’d be delighted for the takeover to go through.

I absolutely doubt that.

Anyone who thinks Ben Jacobs and Luke Edwards are top of the ”ITK list” regarding the takeover are either a troll or has mental issues.

16 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Got no problem with all your reasoning behind your doubts about takeover, every chance you may be right, but I do object to the suggestion that anyone who posts in the positivism thread cannot discuss the takeover like”grown ups”…don’t tar your prejudice, just because you don’t like the posts in there.

That's fair. I apologise. Clearly some of you can talk about it like grown-ups.

My problem is that many people in that thread - Not all, sorry again for the generalisation - refuse to acknowledge that the failure of the takeover is even possible. It's just exhausting to even try to engage with these people.

Fine though, they have their thread where they can all be like that and I'll stay out, out of respect, because it's segregated and not hurting anyone. But really it needs to stay there and not infest the rest of the board because it's not reflective of how the world actually is. There's 2 threads for a reason.

21 minutes ago, gdm said:

It’s said the PL are also confident? Why wouldn’t they be? That’s what he’s saying confidence hasn’t done us any good so far 

Can you please post the article about the PL being confident then?

5 minutes ago, SweMag said:

Can you please post the article about the PL being confident then?

I’ve seen articles and mentioned in reporters tweets. Forum favourite Ben Jacobs has repeatedly said it. It’s all propaganda bullshit on both sides. Either side can be as confident as they like. What it comes down to is arbitration & the actual facts and evidence presented. Ignore all the noise about look who we’ve got on our team etc it’s largely irrelevant 

59 minutes ago, gdm said:

Because it’s a fuckin nonsense. Do you think the PL are going in to this with some wet behind the ears rookie? They will have an impressive legal team behind them too. As impressive as De Marco is facts and evidence will win this case not who is presenting them and we know next to nothing about the facts and evidence of this case. 

if that’s why you are so confident it’s laughable. 

anyway apologies to all. No one wants to read this shite. I’ll leave you too your delusion 

Back to yours, no delusions here mate.

21 minutes ago, gdm said:

There is pages and pages of pointless shit on this forum not just limited to the takeover thread. 

Yeah but we're all hoping for a bit of good news on the takeover and when you see loads of posts it's usually either some positive or negative info been posted. There hasn't been either. 

If certain people are that positive about the takeover then let them be, I'm far from positive myself but I'm not letting anyone's positivity (or negativity for that matter) bother me. You can't change anyone's opinion and they've got a right to have their opinion 

9 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

My problem is that many people in that thread - Not all, sorry again for the generalisation - refuse to acknowledge that the failure of the takeover is even possible. It's just exhausting to even try to engage with these people.

Fine though, they have their thread where they can all be like that and I'll stay out, out of respect, because it's segregated and not hurting anyone. But really it needs to stay there and not infest the rest of the board because it's not reflective of how the world actually is. There's 2 threads for a reason.

Yeah it’s not all in that thread but What I’ve noticed they moaned constantly about people going in that thread and posting non positive posts then when they got what they wanted and now that thread is quiet they jump in this one. Just merge the two threads 

12 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

The positive thread was created as a light hearted thread for those that wanted to believe the takeover goes ahead, for things like weird twitter links, for reading into de marcos bread tweets etc.   Whats happened is that this forum couldn't handle that and the bit of your comment in bold highlights the very issue.   The people in thread don't want to be engage with possible of failure of the takeover, that is what this thread is for.   The positive thread is as its title suggests - for positive comments!

8 months later and we are still having this misunderstanding.  Just admit it, you and others can't resist but to go in and fish for a reaction!

Edited by Awaymag

48 minutes ago, gdm said:

:clap:

It's always a bonus when someone agrees with you, no matter how flawed their reasoning might be

Clap away.

Me, I am just an NUFC fan who wants the best for his club, as I always have, and presently that "best" is very, very, exciting!

2 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Back to yours, no delusions here mate.

You can’t discuss an actual point properly. You either ignore it or post the same nonsense you always post. 

4 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

The positive thread was created as a light hearted thread for those that wanted to believe the takeover goes ahead, for things like weird twitter links, for reading into de marcos bread tweets etc.   Whats happened is that this forum couldn't handle that and the bit of your comment in bold highlights the very issue.   The people in thread don't want to be engage with possible of failure of the takeover, that is what this thread is for.   The positive thread is as its title suggests - for positive comments!

8 months later and we are still having this misunderstanding.  Just admit it, you and others can't resist but to go in and fish for a reaction!

The problem is they begged people to leave them to their positive thread and when we actually left them too it they jump in here and argue the same points they weren’t happy about in the positive thread. There hasn’t been a post in the positive thread for 3 days. 

5 minutes ago, manorpark said:

It's always a bonus when someone agrees with you, no matter how flawed their reasoning might be

Clap away.

Me, I am just an NUFC fan who wants the best for his club, as I always have, and presently that "best" is very, very, exciting!

we all want the best for NUFC. Surely that we can agree on 

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah it’s not all in that thread but What I’ve noticed they moaned constantly about people going in that thread and posting non positive posts then when they got what they wanted and now that thread is quiet they jump in this one. Just merge the two threads 

The currently called "positive" thread is the "logical and realistic" thread, based on all availble knowledge.

Some of the negative conclusions people come to are not realistic at all, but their thinking (if that's what it is) is "mind-blowingly" creative in how they add 2 and 2 together and make Minus 4" out of it.

Mind-blowing.

Just rename the (so-called) Positive Thread the "Realistic, Logical and Common Sense" Thread, then merge to other one INTO it, so it can be absorbed by it.

Common sense prevails . . . and then we can all look forward together to the exciting future for NUFC.

Give it a try!

1 hour ago, gdm said:

So fuckin tiresome. arbitration will be a yes or a no that’s 50/50. Are you being deliberately daft?

I may get struck down by lightening today. Or I may not. Two outcomes but I bet the chance of me being alive Friday is better than 50/50.

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’ve seen articles and mentioned in reporters tweets. Forum favourite Ben Jacobs has repeatedly said it. It’s all propaganda bullshit on both sides. Either side can be as confident as they like. What it comes down to is arbitration & the actual facts and evidence presented. Ignore all the noise about look who we’ve got on our team etc it’s largely irrelevant 

Feel free to post it then.

Just now, morpeth mag said:

I may get struck down by lightening today. Or I may not. Two outcomes but I bet the chance of me being alive Friday is better than 50/50.

That fact is totally and utterly beyond some people.

22 minutes ago, SweMag said:

I absolutely doubt that.

Anyone who thinks Ben Jacobs and Luke Edwards are top of the ”ITK list” regarding the takeover are either a troll or has mental issues.

Not sure I’ve ever said that. What I have said is they have much better sources than most people. In addition to the fact they were the two reporters who highlighted the issues with the takeover last summer, before anyone else knew.

I’ve also said as they are both more on the negative side (in terms of thinking it’ll go through), if they were to change that opinion it’d certainly be worth listening to as they must’ve heard something substantial to change it.

If you’re incredibly wrong about my take on that, I suppose you’ve got no hope of understanding what I’d like to see happen.

PS - mental health issues aren’t something to make light of. It makes you look a bit of an idiot.

Just now, manorpark said:

The currently called "positive" thread is the "logical and realistic" thread, based on all availble knowledge.

Some of the negative conclusions people come to are not realistic at all, but their thinking (if that's what it is) is "mind-blowingly" creative in how they add 2 and 2 together and make Minus 4" out of it.

Mind-blowing.

Just rename the (so-called) Positive Thread the "Realistic, Logical and Common Sense" Thread, then merge to other one INTO it, so it can be absorbed by it.

Common sense prevails . . . and then we can all look forward together to the exciting future for NUFC.

Give it a try!

Nothing you say is based on facts or knowledge. It’s blind hope dressed up as realistic positivity it’s tiring. 

I’ll say it one last time you have no clue about the arbitration case, what evidence or arguments either side will present. Neither do I. I will wait and see what the outcome is while being hopeful I’m fully aware we might lose. You are just guessing we will win and sticking to it 

3 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

Erm what?

I have said quite clearly that the very thing I am doing - in the post you literally quoted - is resisting going in and fishing for a reaction. You quoted me saying that. Did you read it?