Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Bein and the top 6 put a massive road block in front of this deal because it would hit them financially, I don't honestly see how that cannot be against anti competition rules, certain peoples careers must be on the line here.

Classic when he said he's seen the email that NCSL wrote. To which NCSL replied you haven't because there wasn't one [emoji38]

He then deleted the tweet. What a fucking weirdo. 

Edited by Scotty66

25 minutes ago, Ben said:

Bein and the top 6 put a massive road block in front of this deal because it would hit them financially, I don't honestly see how that cannot be against anti competition rules, certain peoples careers must be on the line here.

That may be true, but proving it is a different ballgame.

13 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Him and his posts should be banned from this forum, under any circumstance. He's a known, repeated and confirmed bullshitter.

:thup: 

34 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Just my layman's opinion but I think the PL are screwed in the CAT case, even if they win the arbitration, because I think the O&D test itself will probably be found to be anti-competitive.

I just can't see how the concept of an O&D test that restricts ownership of football clubs way beyond that of any other business, that isn't backed up by primary government legislation, will stand up to competition law. For the same reason that the ESL collapsed, the ESL clubs were absolutely confident that the PL's rule that they can't enter other competitions without PL approval would not stand up under competition law, but when the government came out and said that they would legislate to prevent clubs from joining the ESL the game was up.

I vaguely recall a journalist somewhere making reference to this a while ago and that MA’s case was going to blow apart the O&D test in general.

Problem is a CAT case could be a very long way down the line and the majority of news has reported that PIF won’t wait that long.

1 hour ago, Kanji said:

Nah, Ashley wants to sell to these lot because they’ve probably not discounted him on value like everyone else has, they have connections to markets he wants to get involved in and it’s clearly the most advantageous and connected buyer group he’s ever had talks with. 

Right now he’s spent millions on legal fees and has had 0 in return for this but an asset he doesn’t want to own any longer.

He’s had a £14m deposit though to fund his legal fees.

MOTT blocked me on twitter, the only reason I can think of was a veiled comment related to him that didn't mention his accounts or name directly and he wasn't tagged into. He must spend every waking hour on twitter searching for people to block :idiot2:

Edited by Jackie Broon

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Problem is a CAT case could be a very long way down the line and the majority of news has reported that PIF won’t wait that long.

I agree, I don't think winning the CAT case is likely to be a route to the takeover because it will take too long.

But if it's true that the PL have lost the jurisdiction challenge it puts a lot of pressure on them to settle before arbitration, because that is their only way out. If they don't take that chance to get out now they could be in the shit irrespective of the outcome of the arbitration.

2 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I heard from someone ages ago and I did mention on here that the consortium, if back at the table would be minus Staveley. 

I've seen that posted by someone else too, but her husbands continued interest in NUFC on twitter doesn't really make much sense if that's the case.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

I agree, I don't think winning the CAT case is likely to be a route to the takeover because it will take too long.

But if it's true that the PL have lost the jurisdiction challenge it puts a lot of pressure on them to settle before arbitration, because that is their only way out. If they don't take that chance to get out now they could be in the shit irrespective of the outcome of the arbitration.

Exactly, if CAT accept jurisdiction and we lose arbitration it doesn’t matter how far down the line the Tribunal is Ashley will want his revenge. The CAT ruling if it goes in his favour will be massive.

49 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

MOTT blocked me on twitter, the only reason I can think of was a veiled comment related to him that he didn't mention his accounts or name directly and he wasn't tagged into. He must spend every waking hour on twitter searching for people to block :idiot2:

Aye blocked me too

Is there any likelihood that we will be able to see the evidence submitted by the PL which outlines their argument for why it shouldn't go to CAT? Presume not, given we're ten days past their deadline to submit? 

Will some form of communication come out from CAT, stipulating either: "we reject the PL's argument, CAT will proceed," or "we accept the PL's argument, off you fuck to arbitration."? 

Or are we just gonna sit here in the default and super-fun position of not knowing wtf's going on forever more? 

@B-more Mag sorry for tagging you again. :lol:

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

I heard from someone ages ago and I did mention on here that the consortium, if back at the table would be minus Staveley. 

I want Staveley involved, PIF are going to be pretty hands off and I think she'd be a really good go between for them and the club/fans. We'd still need a really sharp football guy but there has to be a role for her in the new era

(plus she likes Rafa)

39 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Is there any likelihood that we will be able to see the evidence submitted by the PL which outlines their argument for why it shouldn't go to CAT? Presume not, given we're ten days past their deadline to submit? 

Will some form of communication come out from CAT, stipulating either: "we reject the PL's argument, CAT will proceed," or "we accept the PL's argument, off you fuck to arbitration."? 

Or are we just gonna sit here in the default and super-fun position of not knowing wtf's going on forever more? 

@B-more Mag sorry for tagging you again. :lol:

The CAT process is very transparent, pretty much everything that isn't confidential is posted on their website and they even broadcast their hearings. We will know what is going on in a lot of detail, although the updating of the website might be a little behind the actual events.

3 hours ago, Wandy said:

I'd imagine the pay-off would be getting the full £340m through the takeover being passed, together with the PL covering any losses, for example covering the cost of a reduced takeover price together with any loss of business revenue, ie deals that he had set up etc.

I'd love to know where the PL would find ~£400m from. I doubt that they have insurance to cover that.

Probably from the TV revenues.  It would mean the prize money for final table positions at the end of 21/22 season will be drastically reduced.

15 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The CAT process is very transparent, pretty much everything that isn't confidential is posted on their website and they even broadcast their hearings. We will know what is going on in a lot of detail, although the updating of the website might be a little behind the actual events.

Cheers, Jackie. :thup:  Seems feasible that we should get an update at some point this month, then. That said, fuck knows how quickly they get through their admin.