Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

- Again very strange that the PL would have rights for an entire region of multiple countries that aren't allies

So strange that it's been the conventional way of distributing sports broadcast packages across most of the Middle East, Spanish-speaking Latin America and vast swathes of Africa for decades. So strange!

Guest chopey

- Again very strange that the PL would have rights for an entire region of multiple countries that aren't allies

So strange that it's been the conventional way of distributing sports broadcast packages across most of the Middle East, Spanish-speaking Latin America and vast swathes of Africa for decades. So strange!

So your saying with loads more ways to watch Live sport its time for a change

Generally agree with Kanji, but I think it would set a weird precedent for the PL to pull apart their Middle East deal and sell a bit of it to Saudi. It would look a bit dodgy at the very least.

Not that they’re above dodgy behaviour I guess.

Guest awaymag

Why are people still listening to manorpark? :lol:

Tell you what, stake your account on here on that date. No takeover next Monday, delete your account.

I'll stake my account that it will definitely go through

Thanks for your support, our new owners will shortly be taking the reigns, you can bet on it.

You gonna delete your account on here if it doesn't go through next Monday or not? You're 100% confident after all.

HTT even put money on his confidence a couple of months back, so let's see how confident you actually are.

It’d be equally nice if all the doom and gloom merchants in here can bet their accounts if it DOES go through.

Oooooh Challenge

Tell you what, stake your account on here on that date. No takeover next Monday, delete your account.

Thanks for your support, our new owners will shortly be taking the reigns, you can bet on it.

You gonna delete your account on here if it doesn't go through next Monday or not? You're 100% confident after all.

HTT even put money on his confidence a couple of months back, so let's see how confident you actually are.

It’d be equally nice if all the doom and gloom merchants in here can bet their accounts if it DOES go through.

Oooooh Challenge

I was once asked to bet my car in a game of Poker.

I didn't do that either.

Generally agree with Kanji, but I think it would set a weird precedent for the PL to pull apart their Middle East deal and sell a bit of it to Saudi. It would look a bit dodgy at the very least.

Not that they’re above dodgy behaviour I guess.

I'm not sure how it would be considered as dodgy. It's dodgy the way it currently is, in that Saudi's can only watch multiple sports by subscribing to a foreign TV company who also put other things in their packages.

Yes, it is strange because it  seems like a completely backward way to offer content. What if a French company outbid all UK companies and took Bundesliga, La Liga, Formula 1, NFL and only allowed you to watch it via their set top box or online subscription service? What if within that time frame relations between France and UK went completely backwards?

It's not an issue to you Penn, because you're sitting at your home far away from the area.

I'm not defending Saudi in this, I'm just saying it's fucking odd when you think about it deep down. Put yourself in their shoes.

EID celebrations start 27th July in Saudi no business to be had in that week, I repeat no business to be had.

EID for us in the UK is Friday, so Thurs in S.A - should be muted in S.A due to no Hajj this year

Me pal says banks will be closed the lot. For the week

Guest chopey

EID celebrations start 27th July in Saudi no business to be had in that week, I repeat no business to be had.

EID for us in the UK is Friday, so Thurs in S.A - should be muted in S.A due to no Hajj this year

Me pal says banks will be closed the lot. For the week

I'm available for the money to rest in my account Father Ted style

Yes, it is strange because it  seems like a completely backward way to offer content. What if a French company outbid all UK companies and took Bundesliga, La Liga, Formula 1, NFL and only allowed you to watch it via their set top box or online subscription service? What if within that time frame relations between France and UK went completely backwards?

It's not an issue to you Penn, because you're sitting at your home far away from the area.

I'm not defending Saudi in this, I'm just saying it's fucking odd when you think about it deep down. Put yourself in their shoes.

But if that's how the rights are sold, that's how they're sold. If you can't watch something for some reason, tough shit. You have no intrinsic human right to watch football matches. :lol:

I mean, most of the 3pm games are available in countries which are NOT the UK, but we can't watch them. That's just how life works. We have the right to watch the things we have the rights to, that's it. People in China can watch different PL games to people in Spain, who see different games to people in MENA. Everything is packaged up and sold as the PL wish, and there's fuck all any of us can do about it (legally).

We, or indeed any of those countries, certainly can't just decide to rip up the agreements that the PL legally struck with any country or territory just because we don't like the deal's impact on us. That's nonsense.

And yes the way the PL offer out content IS backwards. It has been for years. It will continue to be so for years because their objective isn't to offer what works best for the consumer but to maximise their own revenue. Watching SA devalue BeIN's contract by unilaterally banning them from broadcasting in the largest country in the region they hold the rights to is NEVER going to go down well with the PL. A company, the PL, whose sole purpose is to maximise revenue, has watched one of its major rights holders have their rights massively devalued and are then have the country who did that ask them to approve their ownership of Newcastle. I can completely understand why the PL are somewhat reluctant to do this.

I'll delete mine if the takeover goes through next Monday, sure.

People need to give it a rest with the "there will be a legal battle if it fails" bollocks. There will be no legal repercussions. All parties will say nothing and try to pretend that the whole farce never happened, allowing it to fizzle out with barely a murmur of complant. Meanwhile we will be left to pick up the pieces once again.

I get why people keep peddling the legal action line. Its because they feel that someone, somewhere needs to pay a price for making us fans suffer like this. But its not going to happen. Unfortunately we are the ones who will be in bits about this and all of the other parties will just walk away with a shrug.

This. And as Ben Jacobs put in one of his tweets "Sometimes I think NUFC fans just want to hear 'it's happening' regardless of truth/context" - we even had people claiming the Saudis banning Bein was positive news ffs.

When you realise that Staveley's track record isn't very good, and that she has been the only one confident of this happening, then sadly this falling though has looked the most likely outcome for a while now.

You don't think the other buying parties weren't confident of passing? They just thought they'd spend months of their time and significant financial outlay on a punt? Plus Ashley thought he'd entertain them for the lolz.

Your hated of Staveley is mysoginistic and creepy. What was the name of the woman that hurt you so badly?

Mysogynistic...at least spell it correctly if it means that much to you  :lol:

Why so melodramatic anyway. She told Caulkin lots of stuff, none of which has come to fruition. Me pointing that out = a hatred based on mysogynistic views  :lol:

People need to give it a rest with the "there will be a legal battle if it fails" bollocks. There will be no legal repercussions. All parties will say nothing and try to pretend that the whole farce never happened, allowing it to fizzle out with barely a murmur of complant. Meanwhile we will be left to pick up the pieces once again.

I get why people keep peddling the legal action line. Its because they feel that someone, somewhere needs to pay a price for making us fans suffer like this. But its not going to happen. Unfortunately we are the ones who will be in bits about this and all of the other parties will just walk away with a shrug.

This. And as Ben Jacobs put in one of his tweets "Sometimes I think NUFC fans just want to hear 'it's happening' regardless of truth/context" - we even had people claiming the Saudis banning Bein was positive news ffs.

When you realise that Staveley's track record isn't very good, and that she has been the only one confident of this happening, then sadly this falling though has looked the most likely outcome for a while now.

You don't think the other buying parties weren't confident of passing? They just thought they'd spend months of their time and significant financial outlay on a punt? Plus Ashley thought he'd entertain them for the lolz.

Your hated of Staveley is mysoginistic and creepy. What was the name of the woman that hurt you so badly?

Why so melodramatic anyway. She told Caulkin lots of stuff, none of which has come to fruition. Me pointing that out = a hatred based on mysogynistic views  :lol:

I think it's the fact you point it out in every other post.

But if that's how the rights are sold, that's how they're sold. If you can't watch something for some reason, tough shit. You have no intrinsic human right to watch football matches. :lol:

I mean, most of the 3pm games are available in countries which are NOT the UK, but we can't watch them. That's just how life works. We have the right to watch the things we have the rights to, that's it. People in China can watch different PL games to people in Spain, who see different games to people in MENA. Everything is packaged up and sold as the PL wish, and there's fuck all any of us can do about it (legally).

We, or indeed any of those countries, certainly can't just decide to rip up the agreements that the PL legally struck with any country or territory just because we don't like the deal's impact on us. That's nonsense.

And yes the way the PL offer out content IS backwards. It has been for years. It will continue to be so for years because their objective isn't to offer what works best for the consumer but to maximise their own revenue. Watching SA devalue BeIN's contract by unilaterally banning them from broadcasting in the largest country in the region they hold the rights to is NEVER going to go down well with the PL. A company, the PL, whose sole purpose is to maximise revenue, has watched one of its major rights holders have their rights massively devalued and are then have the country who did that ask them to approve their ownership of Newcastle. I can completely understand why the PL are somewhat reluctant to do this.

You can't watch them but somehow find a way to do so. :thup:

I'm not arguing with you on the PL's point of view either, totally makes sense too. Just trying to think clearly about this whole thing (which is a fucking mess).

I would like to know if the countries within the region agreed to be part of this or not. I assume they did, but not sure.

I think it's the fact you point it out in every other post.

I think I spelt it wrong myself anyway  :lol:

You can't watch them but somehow find a way to do so. :thup:

I'm not arguing with you on the PL's point of view either, totally makes sense too. Just trying to think clearly about this whole thing (which is a fucking mess).

I would like to know if the countries within the region agreed to be part of this or not. I assume they did, but not sure.

Me too! I'm struggling to get my head around how the rights thing works. 

Can anyone let me know how much will the club receive at the end of the season and when will it be paid? I know it depends on where we finish, but TV money will be fixed. The other thing is can Cashley get his hands on it if the deals is confirmed after the end of the season.

Oops redend27 is back with more knowledge

I actually Googled it to check the spelling and still fucked it up  :lol:

You go on and on about her and find it a bit weird. Obviously she, the Reuben brothers, PIF, Ashley and whatever legal teams they use ALL thought it would proceed.

She did possibly embark on a bit of brinkmanship during the 1st attempted takeover, but they are very much mutually exclusive and if this does fail, it's through no fault of her own.

I wonder what would happen if Saudi uses its influence, as the major power in the region, to get all the other MENA countries to ban Qatar/beIN sports for breaking the competition laws? Sometimes it’s just best not to poke and annoy the lion.