Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Fuck Leeds.  Shit club, shit fans, shit city.

I don't mind the city.  I just remember being down there for a friendly around 10(?... Fraser Foster howler) year ago, stayed after the game, missed our train home as we met a few 'decent' fans and had drinks, ended up getting set about by the same cunts as the night went on and more of them appeared.

Understand we all have this type of fan, but it left a bitter taste, therefore, cunts the lot of them :lol:

Before that I didnt give a shit about them.

That was a regular thing in Leeds . Don't know if it still holds but in the 80s/90s/00s they had an above average number of compmete knacker fans and a particular dislike for us that even spread away from the football.

Also we have a depot there and nowt to do with football,they are known throughout the country in our trade as being arseholes.

We once stopped in Leeds for a night out after an away hammering at Man U in the 80s and the same thing happened, opposite the train station. Ended up with an image of a coin embedded on the side of my nose from some twats ring. Fucking arseholes the lot of them.

I don't mind the city.  I just remember being down there for a friendly around 10(?... Fraser Foster howler) year ago, stayed after the game, missed our train home as we met a few 'decent' fans and had drinks, ended up getting set about by the same cunts as the night went on and more of them appeared.

Understand we all have this type of fan, but it left a bitter taste, therefore, cunts the lot of them :lol:

That was a regular thing in Leeds . Don't know if it still holds but in the 80s/90s/00s they had an above average number of compmete knacker fans and a particular dislike for us that even spread away from the football.

Also we have a depot there and nowt to do with football,they are known throughout the country in our trade as being arseholes.

We once stopped in Leeds for a night out after an away hammering at Man U in the 80s and the same thing happened, opposite the train station. Ended up with an image of a coin embedded on the side of my nose from some twats ring. Fucking arseholes the lot of them.

We had it on a 21st, a stag doo and just a night out with a mate who was at uni there. As soon as they heard our accents you could feel the atmosphere change..  Liverpool it was just around the football, other nights were fine, but Leeds, horrid, long time ago now mind, could be different. Hope so as the city itself was ok with the best Indian deli/Lunch/Snack place ever.

Lived in Carlisle the majority of my life and every time Leeds played here their was agro. 30 odd years ago, walking through the town centre, in my teens, to meet my gf and I got a load of abuse of a group of their knob head lunatics, most of who were probably 40 plus. One of them decided to launch a pint glass at my head. Needless to say I've hated the fookers ever since.

My two favourite cities are the Toon and Leeds. Maybe I have been lucky, but all my Leeds mates are sound. Always said: Toon best for pubs, bars getting pissed. Leeds class for nightclubs and early morning snide drug parties. When I was younger of course.

We had it on a 21st, a stag doo and just a night out with a mate who was at uni there. As soon as they heard our accents you could feel the atmosphere change..  Liverpool it was just around the football, other nights were fine, but Leeds, horrid, long time ago now mind, could be different. Hope so as the city itself was ok with the best Indian deli/Lunch/Snack place ever.

We had a bad one at Liverpool as well actually, we were in a bar right at the ground (arkles I think) before the game, absolutely sound, knocked us back after the game and sent us along the road to the flat iron, kind of bar that still has sawdust on the floor and the piano stops when you walk in :lol: long story short we ended up standing outside surrounded by about 20 young'ns launching bottles etc... Wasnt just us, there was a few toon fans directed to that bar. Liverpool has always been one of my most hated, and again I understand we all have prick fans, but that rubberstamped my hatred for them.

We had a bad one at Liverpool as well actually, we were in a bar right at the ground (arkles I think) before the game, absolutely sound, knocked us back after the game and sent us along the road to the flat iron, kind of bar that still has sawdust on the floor and the piano stops when you walk in :lol: long story short we ended up standing outside surrounded by about 20 young'ns launching bottles etc... Wasnt just us, there was a few toon fans directed to that bar. Liverpool has always been one of my most hated, and again I understand we all have prick fans, but that rubberstamped my hatred for them.

Had similar in Liverpool, licked our arses till they had us massively outnumbered then it kicks off, both sides of Liverpool Red and Blue. I think Brummie said he'd had similar there and I've heard it round the country. Its just on Football days though, other nights there had been fine. Not Leeds though. As I say it was a while so hopefully not like that now.

LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS.

LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS.

Who the fuckin' 'ells Leeds ?

Where do people usually drink in Leeds? Merrion Street is decent.

Aye it's canny. I drink all over. Love The Angel. Cheap as fuck. I drink a lot in Headingley. Absolutely loads of sexy student birds in Headingley. Still think the Toon is slightly better for bars and pubs but it's close.

Aye it's canny. I drink all over. Love The Angel. Cheap as fuck. I drink a lot in Headingley. Absolutely loads of sexy student birds in Headingley. Still think the Toon is slightly better for bars and pubs but it's close.

I don't live directly in Leeds so I usually get the train there and just go call lane end/merrion.

Yeah I've been to that Angel place a few times. It's in a weird place.

Which places do you recommend in Headingley?

If this gets rejected and the Qataris end up getting Leeds now they're in the PL I'll be fuming.

Wallsendmag will be fuming even more since he insists Leeds have never been a big club.

They aren't. Shit history, shit crowds historically, and a shithole of a stadium!

Yeah, you just need to convince the rest of the country now, we've had a week of stories and tv debates about how great it is to have Leeds back in the big time. But keep at it, your one man campaign to declare Leeds a historically small club might snowball into something bigger. :lol:

Didn't say they were small, they're just not that big. Crowd wise, trophy wise, stadium wise, all bang average really.

They've spent more of their history outside of the top division than in it ffs. There's literally nothing there that can define them as a big club.

Are we still talking about English football? Maybe your idea of a big football club is one which is a worldwide CL giant?

I don't live directly in Leeds so I usually get the train there and just go call lane end/merrion.

Yeah I've been to that Angel place a few times. It's in a weird place.

Which places do you recommend in Headingley?

The Box is really good. Perfect for Sports, and very lively at night. Head of Steam is class for a quieter drink, lovely venue.

The Original Oak is amazing on a hot summer day - massive beer garden. There's like 7 pubs/bars in central Headingley, and 3 others a little further up the road in Far Headingley.

When there is a big T20 cricket match on, or big test match on, or even a Leeds Rhino's game on, just packed everywhere.

Headingley is kinda similar to Jesmond, except Jesmond doesn't have a 20K cricket and 20K rugby stadium back to back.  :lol:

All my Leeds mates love the Toon when we've went up on the piss.

If this gets rejected and the Qataris end up getting Leeds now they're in the PL I'll be fuming.

Wallsendmag will be fuming even more since he insists Leeds have never been a big club.

They aren't. Shit history, shit crowds historically, and a shithole of a stadium!

Yeah, you just need to convince the rest of the country now, we've had a week of stories and tv debates about how great it is to have Leeds back in the big time. But keep at it, your one man campaign to declare Leeds a historically small club might snowball into something bigger. :lol:

Didn't say they were small, they're just not that big. Crowd wise, trophy wise, stadium wise, all bang average really.

They've spent more of their history outside of the top division than in it ffs. There's literally nothing there that can define them as a big club.

Are we still talking about English football? Maybe your idea of a big football club is one which is a worldwide CL giant?

A big club wouldn't have spent more than half their history outslde of the top league. A big club would have, at some time in over 100 years managed to average over 40k fans in a season. A big club would have won more than 5 Domestic trophies in their history.  Simple as that.