Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The fact that this is the sticking point, and it's been 16 weeks, doesn't feel me with confidence tbh, I'm starting to lean towards this not happening.

The fact that this is the sticking point, and it's been 16 weeks, doesn't feel me with confidence tbh, I'm starting to lean towards this not happening.

The longer it goes on the more certain it is to succeed.

There is no way that, if they choose to fight and '16 weeks' confirms they HAVE chosen to fight, clever and successful business people like (1) Amanda Staveley (2) The Reuben Brothers, and (3) the Saudi PIF, will ever lose.

Our three new owners are just too good for that to happen.

There's not really any good guys in this situation apart from the fans, the Premier League have been useless, and our potential new owners are also complicit in ballsing up and leaving us with Ashley by doing stuff that's either incredibly stupid (balls-out state piracy) or evil (everything else), which they should have avoided if they had any ambitions of owning a premier league club.

Anything other than this takeover and I’m done with the club.

I'll be done with football. Except my unwatched and ignored 24/7 streaming of BeIN which I'll be doing purely out of spite.

Yep I’m with you there too. I was done with the whole thing until Rafa turned up and dragged me back in. Since he left it’s only the prospect of this takeover that has kept me interested. I’m desperate for it to happen.

If it doesn’t then I’ll likely not watch football until a decent takeover does happen (that Mauriss chancer doesn’t count)

Saudis confident the owner structure doesn’t break rules. This will end up in a lengthy court case

Sounds like the EPL is insisting MBS is in charge whatever the corporate structure says. Interesting that we are in deadlock and that they haven't dared yet turn the bid down. Can't believe the consortium haven't got more political leverage than the EPL.

Just delete my account on here once this fails as I am honestly totally fucking done with NUFC.

Yeah same here

After all the joy of thinking we had rid of Ashley and were going to be the richest club in the world to all of that falling through and being stuck with Ashley is not something I can handle like. This has got me so gutted!

There's not really any good guys in this situation apart from the fans, the Premier League have been useless, and our potential new owners are also complicit in ballsing up and leaving us with Ashley by doing stuff that's either incredibly stupid (balls-out state piracy) or evil (everything else), which they should have avoided if they had any ambitions of owning a premier league club.

I doubt they've given a moment's thought to leaving us with Ashley.

Who cares what Ashley does if this takeover fails, really?

He owns a mid-table/relegation struggling football club which he continuously neglect and asset strips.

Covid-19 prevents supporters to attend matches, and I highly doubt it will change much in the nex year+, and by that time Newcastle will be relegated at worst, scrapping by at best.

All this affects the interest in Newcastle and EPL.

This is actually a perfect time to let go if you find yourself being done with the club over and over again, but struggle to make it a thing of the past.

So imho the takeover is crucial.

Guest chopey

Just delete my account on here once this fails as I am honestly totally fucking done with NUFC.

Yeah same here

Same, and a few of the people that have me blocked will be happy to see me go

Yeah same here

Same, and a few of the people that have me blocked will be happy to see me go

Pretty sure you can delete your own accounts like.

Ashley's plan will be based no doubt on asset stripping the club to generate cash for himself through loan repayments. We may have seen the last of ASM if someone offers £30M for him

With the window open, I wonder if there’s any prospect of someone coming in and swooping for one of our players in the very short term?

In fact, if he wanted to try and force the PL’s hand, he could have one of his chairman buddies “bid” for one of our players. That would give Ashley a lot of leverage to demand a quicker resolution.

There’s actually quite a bit of shithousery that Ashley could still do to the club - that he hasn’t means he thinks it might still resolve positively. Right?

I know we’re all quick to place the blame on the PL in all of this, but what if the problem is the other side? The PL have their questions, and if the buyers aren’t exactly forthcoming with the answers, we can’t lay all of the blame at the PL’s door.

Then they should have declared them unfit, and we could have moved on two months ago. PL are looking like incompetent and afraid to act.

Took 16+ weeks to still not be satisfied how the structure of a sovereign wealth fund works. Just have a backbone and come out and leak that you’re not ok with PIF’s chairman.

I have no clue if I’ve said it on here before but if the PL simply came out and said No, this buyer has been involved in piracy; this buyer is affiliated with a regime that the league does not want in its ownership circle for xyz human rights reasons and we are drawing the line at that. Fair enough, selfishly will be upset but taking a step back I can’t really argue with that.

But when you think about all the outside influences at play, a 4 month review process, trying to squeeze out the best possible deal for them, and then they come out with some nonsense on “not knowing who really runs the club” and needing further clarity on the separation of PIF and Gov, I find that quite fishy and a little bit of a shit reason to be hung up over this far along in the process.

Finally when the league has issued a million no comments but leaks the news yesterday to the press, again doesn’t sit right.

Been said before the league would have given a steer to The buyer before this all went into formal review. Which is by no means a commitment of approval; so the folks at the PL and their attorneys surely would know how a sovereign wealth fund operates - esp one like PIF for KSA. You have the Reuben family and top law firm like Freshfields on buyer side...Yet, now 4 months on and £17m non refundable deposit in escrow, the league has reversed this stance? With over 300 page business plan, proforma, structure and corporate resolutions? Still can’t figure it out? 4 months of back and forth dialogue? Still can’t figure it out?

Strange.