Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Been said before the league would have given a steer to The buyer before this all went into formal review. Which is by no means a commitment of approval; so the folks at the PL and their attorneys surely would know how a sovereign wealth fund operates - esp one like PIF for KSA. You have the Reuben family and top law firm like Freshfields on buyer side...Yet, now 4 months on and £17m non refundable deposit in escrow, the league has reversed this stance? With over 300 page business plan, proforma, structure and corporate resolutions? Still can’t figure it out? 4 months of back and forth dialogue? Still can’t figure it out?

Strange.

Yeah all a bit weird this.

How can they possibly be so far down the line and not know the structure of the ownership. I understand people saying the buyers obviously are not supplying the right answers but sure to god they would've just rejected this if after 3/4 months they havnt had a simple answer to this.

If it couldn't even get past the basic structure of the takeover why even entertain anything else  :lol:

Who cares what Ashley does if this takeover fails, really?

He owns a mid-table/relegation struggling football club which he continuously neglect and asset strips.

Covid-19 prevents supporters to attend matches, and I highly doubt it will change much in the nex year+, and by that time Newcastle will be relegated at worst, scrapping by at best.

All this affects the interest in Newcastle and EPL.

This is actually a perfect time to let go if you find yourself being done with the club over and over again, but struggle to make it a thing of the past.

So imho the takeover is crucial.

I promised myself I would never return to post on this site several years ago but I am going to break this rule for once because the fiasco that this takeover has become warrants it.

You make a really good point with your post and it is undoubtedly now shared by a large and growing number of disillusioned fans of NUFC. It is bad enough that such a wealthy prospective owner is being messed around in what looks like a determined attempt by the PL to deter them but what really sticks in many fans' craw is that there may be a very good chance that the obstacles being placed on the takeover are being pushed by a group of powerful clubs who have a vested interest in preventing NUFC from gatecrashing their gravy train party.

Despite what some think, NUFC is the ONLY club from a group who should be challenging the Top 6 which can grow to the extent of challenging ALL the supposed 'Top' clubs ; think back to the 20,000 on the waiting list for STs when SJH and KK were running the club when SJP was regularly packed to the rafters and think also of how things could be given the almost limitless wealth of the PFI - new, larger stadium(which would be filled if we had anything like the success of Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea or Man U in the past), competing eventually for world's top players and thereby making it difficult for Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca and the top English clubs to pile up the riches  from CL football every season. Neither Everton, Wolves or Leicester would be able to match the attendances a successful NUFC could draw if they were given similar financial backing.

This is why I do believe there are hidden reasons why the PL are agonizing over this takeover.

Why would any thinking NUFC fan want to follow a club over the next few seasons that would probably be run in similar fashion to the past 13 years under Ashley ? Then add to that the fact that they suspect that the PL appears to be corrupt and run for the benefit of a few top clubs.....it would be pointless because you would be aware that nothing is going to change if it puts certain clubs' noses out of joint.

I have followed the comments since the takeover was first mooted as I have on other sites and it is clear that many fans will not only desert NUFC next season but almost certainly football itself unless they choose to watch minor league sides - and who could blame them ?

We shall see whether the PL wish to develop the game further or restrict it to those they favour.

I've got a feeling they haven't got the balls to outright refuse this but are constantly changing the goal posts so the Saudis just say enough is enough and walk away.

Had that feeling for a while now, moreso since Rick Masters commented publicly on it, something about his tone smacked of misplaced arrogance. It's a good tactic tbf, the Saudis aren't the types who will show unlimited patience, they carry around a fair bit of arrogance themselves. At some point they'll probably say fuck this, we'll spend our billions somewhere else.

This is all providing Edward's and BBC's source is correct.

The source was the PL. They leaked it to recover some credibility/move the noise towards the buyers probably through frustration at getting insufficient/unclear data from the 3 sets of lawyers working the deal.

The whole thing is a clusterfuck.

He owns a mid-table/relegation struggling football club which he continuously neglect and asset strips.

Covid-19 prevents supporters to attend matches, and I highly doubt it will change much in the nex year+, and by that time Newcastle will be relegated at worst, scrapping by at best.

This is actually a perfect time to let go if you find yourself being done with the club over and over again, but struggle to make it a thing of the past.

I promised myself I would never return to post on this site several years ago but I am going to break this rule for once because the fiasco that this takeover has become warrants it.

You make a really good point with your post and it is undoubtedly now shared by a large and growing number of disillusioned fans of NUFC. It is bad enough that such a wealthy prospective owner is being messed around in what looks like a determined attempt by the PL to deter them but what really sticks in many fans' craw is that there may be a very good chance that the obstacles being placed on the takeover are being pushed by a group of powerful clubs who have a vested interest in preventing NUFC from gatecrashing their gravy train party.

Despite what some think, NUFC is the ONLY club from a group who should be challenging the Top 6 which can grow to the extent of challenging ALL the supposed 'Top' clubs ; think back to the 20,000 on the waiting list for STs when SJH and KK were running the club when SJP was regularly packed to the rafters and think also of how things could be given the almost limitless wealth of the PFI - new, larger stadium(which would be filled if we had anything like the success of Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea or Man U in the past), competing eventually for world's top players and thereby making it difficult for Real Madrid, Bayern, Barca and the top English clubs to pile up the riches  from CL football every season. Neither Everton, Wolves or Leicester would be able to match the attendances a successful NUFC could draw if they were given similar financial backing.

This is why I do believe there are hidden reasons why the PL are agonizing over this takeover.

Why would any thinking NUFC fan want to follow a club over the next few seasons that would probably be run in similar fashion to the past 13 years under Ashley ? Then add to that the fact that they suspect that the PL appears to be corrupt and run for the benefit of a few top clubs.....it would be pointless because you would be aware that nothing is going to change if it puts certain clubs' noses out of joint.

I have followed the comments since the takeover was first mooted as I have on other sites and it is clear that many fans will not only desert NUFC next season but almost certainly football itself unless they choose to watch minor league sides - and who could blame them ?

We shall see whether the PL wish to develop the game further or restrict it to those they favour.

Said this before myself although some people don't like hearing it. Big PL clubs hold a certain amount of clout with the officials, just seems naive to think otherwise.

Anyway, nice to see you back mate, always thought you were a top poster.

Been said before the league would have given a steer to The buyer before this all went into formal review. Which is by no means a commitment of approval; so the folks at the PL and their attorneys surely would know how a sovereign wealth fund operates - esp one like PIF for KSA. You have the Reuben family and top law firm like Freshfields on buyer side...Yet, now 4 months on and £17m non refundable deposit in escrow, the league has reversed this stance? With over 300 page business plan, proforma, structure and corporate resolutions? Still can’t figure it out? 4 months of back and forth dialogue? Still can’t figure it out?

Strange.

Yeah all a bit weird this.

How can they possibly be so far down the line and not know the structure of the ownership. I understand people saying the buyers obviously are not supplying the right answers but sure to god they would've just rejected this if after 3/4 months they havnt had a simple answer to this.

If it couldn't even get past the basic structure of the takeover why even entertain anything else  :lol:

Was that not before Master took up his postion ?

Noticed aswell that he only holds a interim postion at the PL

Agreed Nut, they've had ample opportunity to do so already, yet here we are. People just need to be cool, calm and collected.

How long till you aren’t saying that, another 4 months?

6 weeks until the season starts, the team is shite, the manager is worse and no decent player is going to join a club in this state. We're fucked.

Just stay cool, man. Spray some lynx Africa and it’ll all be ok.

Thing is, there is no denial

But, none of the buyers side have commented on any of the reports / rumours right through this whole thing, have they? Whether it be to refute an incorrect allegation or confirm a positive report?

In contrast to the BZG alleged takeover where there were comments from people supposedly linked to it all over, the buying and selling side this time have kept quiet (unbelievably).

Only things from KSA have been response to the WTO reports and announcements about tackling IP piracy, which were already issues prior to the takeover.

I've got a feeling they haven't got the balls to outright refuse this but are constantly changing the goal posts so the Saudis just say enough is enough and walk away.

The Saudi's will NEVER do that, they are totally used to winning, and they intend to do so again!

Also, it is not just the Saudi's, it is the Reuben Brothers and our own Amanda Staveley.

Our new owners are ALL very capable people, and they will most certainly win in the end.

Said this before myself although some people don't like hearing it. Big PL clubs hold a certain amount of clout with the officials, just seems naive to think otherwise.

Anyway, nice to see you back mate, always thought you were a top poster.

Many thanks for that, Tron - the feeling is mutual !

6 weeks until the season starts, the team is shite, the manager is worse and no decent player is going to join a club in this state. We're fucked.

Just stay cool, man. Spray some lynx Africa and it’ll all be ok.

Nah, Voodoo. Or Java

Any reason to crowbar in some Partridge to lighten the mood

It's fine. The EFL will pass it through next may.

Shame administration would mean 12 PTs off next season and not this or I’d happily Take relegation now and rebuild in the championship with new owners.

Might resolve the Bournemouth goal line issue as well.  :lol:

This is all providing Edward's and BBC's source is correct.

The source was the PL. They leaked it to recover some credibility/move the noise towards the buyers probably through frustration at getting insufficient/unclear data from the 3 sets of lawyers working the deal.

The whole thing is a clusterfuck.

Yeah, the buyers would have come out and disputed it if it was made up bollocks. Don't think the PL are totally at fault here.