Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I don't think many people would want Saudi if they had a selection of owners to chose from, or even if the current one wasn't as s**** as Ashley. But sadly we are where we are.

I would probably still pick Saudis ahead of most others tbh. If they're good enough partners for our govt, Amanda and the Reuben bros, they are good enough for me.

Exactly these journalists now preaching we should be wary of their motives can f*** off. I’d happily see them purchase the club without passing the test, and then just fold the club to f*** off the PL.

These journalists would be better off investigating which clubs are actively pulling Masters strings to prevent this and also what extent Bein are medalling behind the scenes.

:idiot2:

I’d say you’d be more of an idiot to continue to want Sports Direct FC to represent our great city, in a league who clearly would only value us as being continued cannon fodder for the big 6.

But each to there own I’m sure you’ll be amongst the thousands who continue to rock up and happily take it up the arse.

Most of those who are against the takeover probably don't attend games anyway. Some of them might be actual moral objectors.

Although they'll probably happily join millions of others in marvelling at football played by clubs like Chelsea and City with their angelic owners.

And most of the people in favour of the takeover has no idea who MBS is or what he has done and are willing to do to get what he wants.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Newcastle to have bottomless pits of money and compete with the best in the world. But I don't want MBS as our owner.

Doesn't mind Amanda Stavely or the Reuben brothers though, think they could be good owners without PIF.

Has it taken you 16 weeks to realise MBS is no angel ? You should apply to the PL for a job, I think you’d fit the criteria there looking for.

So you either like MBS and what he stands for or you just don't give a s*** and want Newcastle to get his money.

I'm more worried what he could do to Newcastle when/if he looses interest. How would he react the day the fans will drive him out as with Ashley right now.

He could build a theme park on Barrack road for all I care if this doesn’t got through. When the PL start caring about ethics and applying it across all areas of their business then I might consider it a valued argument.

As I said earlier in the week this could be very significant!

O&D test grounds for appeal: F.15.5. the Disqualifying Event is a Conviction which is the subject of an appeal which has not yet been determined and in all the circumstances it would be unreasonable for the individual to be disqualified as a Director pending the determination of that appeal.

I don't think many people would want Saudi if they had a selection of owners to chose from, or even if the current one wasn't as s**** as Ashley. But sadly we are where we are.

I would probably still pick Saudis ahead of most others tbh. If they're good enough partners for our govt, Amanda and the Reuben bros, they are good enough for me.

Exactly these journalists now preaching we should be wary of their motives can f*** off. I’d happily see them purchase the club without passing the test, and then just fold the club to f*** off the PL.

These journalists would be better off investigating which clubs are actively pulling Masters strings to prevent this and also what extent Bein are medalling behind the scenes.

I would actually like this to be investigated - for exactly the same reason I want Hunter Biden to be investigated.

This conspiracy theory is as bad as any of Trump’s ridiculous notions...

Conspiracy theory or naivety on your part ?

I think you’ll find certain clubs hold more sway than others.

https://offthepitch.com/a/manchester-united-and-liverpool-given-special-access-vet-chief-executive-candidates

Conspiracy theory, and a stupid one.

Guest chopey

Tip for tomorrow lads. Tie an elastic band around the top of your socks. They're about to be blown the fuck off.

I need some light hearted reading on this thread so care to share lol

Will they not just spring straight back onto my feet

I would actually like this to be investigated - for exactly the same reason I want Hunter Biden to be investigated.

This conspiracy theory is as bad as any of Trump’s ridiculous notions...

Conspiracy theory or naivety on your part ?

I think you’ll find certain clubs hold more sway than others.

https://offthepitch.com/a/manchester-united-and-liverpool-given-special-access-vet-chief-executive-candidates

Conspiracy theory, and a stupid one.

Some people might have thought it would be a stupid conspiracy theory to suggest 2 clubs would interview a candidate without the prior knowledge of the other 18 stakeholders.

Absolutely no idea what any of this means  :lol:

They pay journalist money and it will write story for them then they use it as addendum as supportive document. Tiny Qatar is very sinister and they give Saudi the run for their money.

I’d say you’d be more of an idiot to continue to want Sports Direct FC to represent our great city, in a league who clearly would only value us as being continued cannon fodder for the big 6.

But each to there own I’m sure you’ll be amongst the thousands who continue to rock up and happily take it up the arse.

Most of those who are against the takeover probably don't attend games anyway. Some of them might be actual moral objectors.

Although they'll probably happily join millions of others in marvelling at football played by clubs like Chelsea and City with their angelic owners.

And most of the people in favour of the takeover has no idea who MBS is or what he has done and are willing to do to get what he wants.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Newcastle to have bottomless pits of money and compete with the best in the world. But I don't want MBS as our owner.

Doesn't mind Amanda Stavely or the Reuben brothers though, think they could be good owners without PIF.

Has it taken you 16 weeks to realise MBS is no angel ? You should apply to the PL for a job, I think you’d fit the criteria there looking for.

So you either like MBS and what he stands for or you just don't give a s*** and want Newcastle to get his money.

I'm more worried what he could do to Newcastle when/if he looses interest. How would he react the day the fans will drive him out as with Ashley right now.

He could build a theme park on Barrack road for all I care if this doesn’t got through. When the PL start caring about ethics and applying it across all areas of their business then I might consider it a valued argument.

I'm with you on that. I think if the Premier League reject our takeover they should look at all Premier League clubs owners. There are quite a few owners that should not be allowed I think.

I'm with you on that. I think if the Premier League reject our takeover they should look at all Premier League clubs owners. There are quite a few owners that should not be allowed I think.

And what would they do with them if they said they weren’t appropriate? Make them sell up? How quick? For how much? To whom? Ban the club from the PL?

And what would they do with them if they said they weren’t appropriate? Make them sell up? How quick? For how much? To whom? Ban the club from the PL?

But that's all that's happening now. Ownership values is either a rule or it isn't. The present bidders would meet UK standards for Directors of  limited company. It is the EPL that is setting higher standards.....for new entrants only.

But that's all that's happening now. Ownership values is either a rule or it isn't. The present bidders would meet UK standards for Directors of  limited company. It is the EPL that is setting higher standards.....for new entrants only.

As you say- for new entrants. There’s no way anything could be enforced if they decide current owners contravene new entry tests!

Just find it utterly bizarre that the prospective management structure of the club is the issue holding everything back

PIF have a multi-billion business portfolio, with NUFC forming just a very small part of it.

They're not amateurs when it comes to acquisition

Probably because it's bollocks.