Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest chopey

I've just come in and read the last ten pages or so, so I have obtained a kind of "overall understanding" of what has been said.

(1) There is no evidence at all that Ashley is now trying to stop the deal, neither is there evidence that he 'could', even if he wanted to (without huge financial losses).

(2) The only thing that seems clear is that strong sources say we will "hear this week".

(3) Now, I know that after my "27th July" forecast, my reputation is not at its highest, but I have NEVER thought that the bid would not succeed, and there is nothing in these last ten pages of 'dire worry' to change my mind.

So . . .

(4) It looks like we may get our new owners this week.

Come on people - HAVE FAITH !!

Correct, so please stop posting rubbish until the decision has been made.

You could always just not bother reading his posts or just block him altogether, I really dont get peoples negative attitude to a positive thinker,

13 years of Ashley has had a bigger impact on our support than anyone can imagine.

Does this not simply mean that PL are waiting for satisfactory answers to questions over control and perhaps piracy? Is it really news. If so, surely it’s positive and the Saudis need to get their ducks in line to get this passed.

I can’t think how to the problem could be Ashley at this point.

Al Waleed's Geordie  :lol:

Positive stuff on here but how true it is, God knows! Ashley can't hold it up as well, apparently neither can the Yank buy us (!) unless the PL reject it

Does this not simply mean that PL are waiting for satisfactory answers to questions over control and perhaps piracy? Is it really news. If so, surely it’s positive and the Saudis need to get their ducks in line to get this passed.

Yep I was thinking that when you read the interpretation of his own tweet he gave. Though if that’s the case you’d have to ask why he would Tweet what he did in the first place.

Yep I was thinking that when you read the interpretation of his own tweet he gave. Though if that’s the case you’d have to ask why he would Tweet what he did in the first place.

It may just be re-affirming what we have been told? The worry would be if the questions can’t be satisfactorily answered.

They've been asked whether a jaffa cake is biscuit or a cake.  Its caused bedlam,  massive disagreements in the house of saud as their biscuits go hard and cake soft when left out in direct contradiction to western baked products. 

Can't see an answer to this anytime soon

I've just come in and read the last ten pages or so, so I have obtained a kind of "overall understanding" of what has been said.

(1) There is no evidence at all that Ashley is now trying to stop the deal, neither is there evidence that he 'could', even if he wanted to (without huge financial losses).

(2) The only thing that seems clear is that strong sources say we will "hear this week".

(3) Now, I know that after my "27th July" forecast, my reputation is not at its highest, but I have NEVER thought that the bid would not succeed, and there is nothing in these last ten pages of 'dire worry' to change my mind.

So . . .

(4) It looks like we may get our new owners this week.

Come on people - HAVE FAITH !!

Correct, so please stop posting rubbish until the decision has been made.

You could always just not bother reading his posts or just block him altogether, I really don't get peoples negative attitude to a positive thinker,

13 years of Ashley has had a bigger impact on our support than anyone can imagine.

Thankyou.

And thankyou "a random player etc", I have never posted "rubbish" anywhere at anytime in my life, just because I turned out to be wrong doesn't make it rubbish (as you already know, I'm sure).

Yes, I am positive because I know we have been sold (don't you?) and that the necessary Admin Approval to this will be given shortly.

I know, in my bones, that this great club of ours is about to escape from its 13 year jail sentence, and will become great again . . . and even greater.

It will become FUN to support, once again!

:lol: that hard/soft thing is all about the sugar/flour ratio, shouldn't take much clearing up

It's been four months and they've only just got to who's actually going to run the club.  The sun will go out before they solve the Jaffa Cake conundrum.

Golfmag said in a later tweet that apparently Bruce is 'furious'. If that's the case, and no reason to doubt him, then whatever it is will come out given Bruce is always in the pub with wankers like Edwards etc.

Golfmag said in a later text that apparently Bruce is 'furious'. If that's the case, and no reason to doubt him, then whatever it is will come out given Bruce is always in the pub with wankers like Edwards etc.

That part of it doesn't add up for me. He's got his info from a senior exec at league level - why would they be talking to Stevie Bacon?

What would Bruce actually be furious about, other than losing his job?

Golfmag said in a later text that apparently Bruce is 'furious'. If that's the case, and no reason to doubt him, then whatever it is will come out given Bruce is always in the pub with wankers like Edwards etc.

That part of it doesn't add up for me. He's got his info from a senior exec at league level - why would they be talking to Stevie Bacon?

MA's last task is to sack Bruce and he hasn't got round to it?

MA's last task is to sack Bruce and he hasn't got round to it?

Well they were supposed to be on a call last night, so that adds up.

Guest Howaythetoon

I expect there will be some positive and concluding movement in the next 7 days on this.

Golfmag said in a later tweet that apparently Bruce is 'furious'. If that's the case, and no reason to doubt him, then whatever it is will come out given Bruce is always in the pub with w*****s like Edwards etc.

Well he’s mates through golf with Richard Bevan isn’t he. So he’d definitely hear things about all that from a managers side of things.

How he knows about Mike Ashley being the one to slow things up is another thing though. I’m not doubting his claims, just wonder if said source really knows what he claims to be talking about? 🤷‍♂️

Isnt the contact in the LMA?

Isnt the contact in the LMA?

Ahh makes much more sense then.

Again though, why would he be livid? He's stealing a wage as it is.