Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Just FYI - if Qatar loan Maurris the money then it'll show up in the O&D test when they trace the cash.

Not if Mauriss uses money from his own firm and they refund it after we've been purchased.

Just FYI - if Qatar loan Maurris the money then it'll show up in the O&D test when they trace the cash.

"It's a gift".

"It's part of a business deal with ClearTV"

Whatever. They could look to find a way round it.

Not if Mauriss uses money from his own firm and they refund it after we've been purchased.

The point was he doesn't have that kind of money and the claim was the Qataris could pay.

Not that I believe a word of any of this but that was how the conversation was going.

Guest godzilla

I don’t mean to be pessimistic but Surely GM would be able to gage by the conversation wether the info he was told Was positive or negative and going by his tweets his take is thats Ashley is holding it up in a negative Sense??

No he said it was his theory and he said he didn't know if it was a positive when some asked him

"It's a gift".

Aye the Premier League seem quite gung ho about the whole thing so I'm sure they'll just shrug their shoulders at that kind of answer and pass it no bother.

" Qatar will, out of sheer spite, loan him the money until after the O&Ds test is passed. He'll then pay it back by leveraging debt against the value of the club like the Glazers did with Man U. "

Youve just contradicted yourself ...

" We'll be fucked for decades of that happens, but to suggest Mauriss can't raise the money is inaccurate "

We're already fucked ( 13 years worth )in case you hadn't noticed ...

There's no contradiction I can see in what I wrote?

Plus having billionaire Ashley be able to afford to keep us 17th in the league each year to protect his investment and to keep SD on TV is a different level of fucked to a penniless nobody coming in and saddling us with £400m of debt and then being unable to finance anything else going forward.

my ultimate guess is MA is trying to squeeze more out of PIF/PCP and may potentially be pointing at the HM "bid" and the significant amount of time and disruption it has caused him/NUFC due to their approval by the league taking an eternity.

"It's a gift".

Aye the Premier League seem quite gung ho about the whole thing so I'm sure they'll just shrug their shoulders at that kind of answer and pass it no bother.

The PL would probably fail Mauriss. I've already covered this. Qatar don't care, they just want to swat the Saudis aside. Once that's done, Qatar couldn't give 2 shits if Mauriss gets through the O&Ds' test and actually gets control of Newcastle or not. It's irrelevant because they'll have achieved their aim of stopping the Saudis getting us.

The Saudis won't come back in because they'll be too angry at being fucked around and we'll be more months down the line.

How do they swat the Saudis aside by propping up another bid that won't get through?

** edit

Just seen last line :thup:  fair enough, I'm not convinced but it's not beyond the realms of possibility

Edit to your edit: :lol:

I'm not utterly convinced of it myself either. I'm just putting a hypothetical scenario together as to what is happening with Mauriss and Qatar. I'm just trying to join some dots up.

What is NOT happening is that Mauriss is not bidding for Newcastle with his own money, because he hasn't got any.

I don't think Ashley is that stupid, like.  £300m now or a hypothetical extra £50m which might not get through and would fuck the original offer if it didn't?  I know he has a reputation as a gambler but I don't think he's in a position to try that sort of thing.

I don't think Ashley is that stupid, like.  £300m now or a hypothetical extra £50m which might not get through and would fuck the original offer if it didn't?  I know he has a reputation as a gambler but I don't think he's in a position to try that sort of thing.

He's probably not that stupid, no. He certainly wouldn't do that on his own. But he's probably got his best legal brains on it now (Hence why the buyers are not able to reach him), investigating if he can actually get anything out of this. Hopefully they tell him "no", and the Saudi deal goes through. Hopefully that happens soon and we have progress and good news.

Worst case scenario is there's a loophole to cancel the Saudi deal and they manage to convince themselves that Mauriss is genuine. Which clearly he isn't.

Been posted many times, but it’s prompted some thoughts

Surely the source for this post is not the guy he named (Bevan?) when he first offered some insight. There’s no way you can say “Person A told me x”, then a week later say “a confidential source told me y” if it’s the same person.

Which is probably why the information is different in nature.

There’s also the small fact that he doesn’t actually say a whole lot.

So still the gold standard, but difficult to make anything of it.

If the deal was/is expected to go through, that sounds good to me!

Going way back, I still regret not having a bet on Pardew as next manager after Golfmag said the contracts had been signed. I remember him saying it weeks before. All the press had was a vague rumour that Hughton had been facing the sack had we lost one of the early games that season.

Surely the source for this post is not the guy he named (Bevan?) when he first offered some insight. There’s no way you can say “Person A told me x”, then a week later say “a confidential source told me y” if it’s the same person.

Golfmag does that all the time. He can't help himself.

He's probably not that stupid, no. He certainly wouldn't do that on his own. But he's probably got his best legal brains on it now (Hence why the buyers are not able to reach him), investigating if he can actually get anything out of this. Hopefully they tell him "no", and the Saudi deal goes through. Hopefully that happens soon and we have progress and good news.

Worst case scenario is there's a loophole to cancel the Saudi deal and they manage to convince themselves that Mauriss is genuine. Which clearly he isn't.

This is a man who requested his shops stay open in a global pandemic under the pretence of the nation's health. Maybe not stupidity, but certainly enough greed to do whatever in his bank balance interest

Golfmag does that all the time. He can't help himself.

He could and I wouldnt give a toss if I trust who's passing on the info.

Has Penn said if he/she thinks the takeover will or won't actually happen ?

I just can't see him willingly turning down millions of pounds extra without checking every last way to ensure that he has no other choice but to do so, because of the kind of person he is.

He's not the kind of person to say "No Mr Mauriss, a deal's a deal, I am a man of my word and cannot break that to these Saudi gentlemen". :lol:

I just can't see him willingly turning down millions of pounds extra without checking every last way to ensure that he has no other choice but to do so, because of the kind of person he is.

He's not the kind of person to say "No Mr Mauriss, a deal's a deal, I am a man of my word and cannot break that to these Saudi gentlemen". :lol:

Totally agree Chris. We cannot just assume he's sat there waiting for his coin to drop. He would've been scheming, conspiring and manipulating his side of the deal right the way through this process imho.

The only thing guaranteed with that fat cunt is that all he'll care about is his best interests.

Totally agree Chris. We cannot just assume he's sat there waiting for his coin to drop. He would've been scheming, conspiring and manipulating his side of the deal right the way through this process imho.

The only thing guaranteed with that fat cunt is that all he'll care about is his best interests.

There is even less chance of Mauriss passing the test so he won't be getting any extra cash off him.

There is even less chance of Mauriss passing the test so he won't be getting any extra cash off him.

There may be another bidder. It's not unthinkable.

He probably just wants to squeeze a bit more out of the deal from his own point of view. Wouldn't surprise me if he wants to keep the £17m deposit and still get his £300m on top. As a thank you for being so compliant going between the PL and PIF or something just as daft as that. He always wants to win the deal.

Got absolutely no reason to not believe Golfy either, he doesn't bullshit.