Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

statement read: "With a deep appreciation for the Newcastle community and the significance of its football club, we have come to the decision to withdraw our interest in acquiring Newcastle United Football Club.

"We do so with regret, as we were excited and fully committed to invest in the great city of Newcastle and believe we could have returned the club to the position of its history, tradition and fans' merit.

"Ultimately, during the unforeseeably prolonged process, the commercial agreement between the Investment Group and the Club's owners expired and our investment thesis could not be sustained, particularly with no clarity as to the circumstances under which the next season will start and the new norms that will arise for matches, training and other activities."

Won the geordie hearts anyway. And it only cost them £17 million. They certainly picked the right club to not buy.

Luke Edwards going to thrap himself silly over the thought of Mauriss coming in.

Mauriss was invented by the people that opposed the takeover. He'll never be heard from again.

Aye there's no chance of that shyster taking over. He might buy in with Ashley in a joint attempt to screw Newcastle as a city.

Guest chopey

Luke Edwards going to thrap himself silly over the thought of Mauriss coming in.

Mauriss was invented by the people that opposed the takeover. He'll never be heard from again.

This.

He's going on Talksport to talk about it

This is exactly what the top 6 and their lap dog the EPL wanted.  They didn't want any  competition and the EPL just rolled over and sat on their hands until PIF et al got fed up waiting.  Personally I am furious with the EPL.  Not only have they concined us the fans to another 13 years of Ashley but the city and region have lost mega millions of investment.  I'm watching the EFL from now on f***k the closed shop EPL.

Ashley makes £17 m for fuck all.

Cunt.

Only positive is that he's lost waayyy more than that on that useless Brazilian lump of shite he signed last summer.

He didn't lose anything, NUFC as a club did. If anything he probably got about £20m under the table with some agent tie in.

Guest awaymag

Well that's me done with Football and Nufc.  You can have your top six and shove it up your arse.  Hope the toon sink and I hope PL crash and burn

Goodbye, time to get on with my life.

Okay. I know I am the minority. But my take is Ashley is the loser here. Basically PL dragged the process to the point where actually both sides can withdrawn (not only Ashley) and KSA decided to pull the trigger immediately.

Ashley won’t be able to find another one who is willing to pay 340m under such global economic crisis era.