Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I also think Ashley has already done a deal with the American.

Interesting.  Thanks for the info.

I can't imagine he'd risk the Saudi deal without some sort of insurance. My guess would be that Qatar have given Mauriss the money to cover the deposit.

Everybody on here seems assured Maauriss would fail the O+D  test, so you'd imagine the guys with the supposed millions to bak him would be just as clued up.

There is every chance Ashley is aware of this, through his connection to the hairy hand.

"Ultimately, during the unforeseeably prolonged process, the commercial agreement between the Investment Group and the club's owners expired and our investment thesis could not be sustained."

I take this as Ashley wanted more and they wouldn’t play ball

I can't imagine he'd risk the Saudi deal without some sort of insurance. My guess would be that Qatar have given Mauriss the money to cover the deposit.

Everybody on here seems assured Maauriss would fail the O+D  test, so you'd imagine the guys with the supposed millions to bak him would be just as clued up.

There is every chance Ashley is aware of this, through his connection to the hairy hand.

Ashley's new business model is bilking millions in fees from prospective buyers before letting the deals die on the vine.

PL need to release some kind of statement, we should be allowed to know whether the failed the test, stopped responding to the test or if it was passed and something else happened.

Surely it’s no longer confidential and the fans deserve an answer.

So exclusivity was a big deal after all!

Nope - was the drop dead date mate that killed it. That's what expired imho.

The exclusivity wasn't going to be a problem in week 1 when they had 16 weeks to get it closed. But the league allowed for this to happen showing no urgency and allowing a lunatic like MA the chance to find a way to sell to someone else.

If it's true that all communication had to go through NUFC,  surely that gave MA perfect chance to delay things massively, all the while trying to negotiate with someone else ?

What a system if thats the case :lol:

Fuck it......wish I hadn’t started the “futile optimism thread” all those months ago....I wonder if we hadn’t noticed all the stuff in the companies house and let the takeover go on quietly, the PL would have passed it quicker....we shall never know....back to watching paint dry for me....60 years of support and I’m now out.

Ashley's new business model is bilking millions in fees from prospective buyers before letting the deals die on the vine.

His business model has always been the same. Opportunistic.

Is there any evidence that Qatar and Mauriss are linked?

State of this cunt

Unfortunately he's right

Can't wait to see what these 'other options' turn out to be. No doubt he'll be right there an all.

Well it’s obvious. Just read Golfmag’s post from a few minutes ago.

Good. And I bet 'Henry' isn't answering his phone to fat Mike anymore, either!

Guess we see if Staveley wins her court case with Barclays, then perhaps she and the Reubens may be back on their own.

It's clear that neither party has the inclination to out up the money themselves, hence the KSA 80%backing.