Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Not a favourite on here but it captures the mood

He's spot on with his assessment of the PL.  They are the culprits in all of this and it calls into question the integrity of the League.

That is actually quite encouraging  :lol: But the problem is if this takeover has proven anything it's that the PL don't give any shit whatsoever about fans (or "consumers" as they probably call them - unless they're recipients of global TV broadcasts in Dubai). The only way an effort like this would work is if the media played ball too, but that's never gonna happen barring the odd nice word from Jake Humphreys.

Just read it on the app. She basically puts it all on the feet of the PL, no argument with Ashley and sounds like they agreed to his additional demands. Gets on well with him. PL had unreasonable demands to make the state itself a director and was swayed by "jealousy" from other clubs, who "briefed against" them etc. Says there are no other serious bids, "it's rubbish". Had plans for 250m of investment in the club over several years and additional plans for investment in the city. Had a statement already written for the day it went through about CL intent etc.

Basically, it's a hugely frustrating interview that makes it sound like the club have been absolutely fucked over by the PL and the Big 6. Worst fears confirmed. Wish I hadn't read it because I was happily ignoring this for most of the day.

I have to say that I was a disciple of Staveley who believed wholly in the Gospel according to George.

But she’s said a couple of things since the takeover collapsed that have diminished her credibility.

Makes it hard to cling to her “hope”...

I have to say that I was a disciple of Staveley who believed wholly in the Gospel according to George.

But she’s said a couple of things since the takeover collapsed that have diminished her credibility.

Makes it hard to cling to her “hope”...

I'm the total opposite,  I had doubts about her but now I'm fully behind her. I believe what she has said in that interview,  the PL fucked the consortium about, the thing is she clearly has a thing for our club. I hope she succeeds one day I really do.

I feeling like sacking off the PL all together - cancelling my Sky and watching another league.  It's disgusting what's happened - robbed a region of hope and more importantly investment, jobs when it needed it the most - just to keep the fat cats at the top happy.

Richards Masters should have to answer for his actions - but it will never happen.  Can do what he wants.