Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

This is a Hail Mary from PIF/Staveley.

Them saying the deal would go through tomorrow if approved still, the Premier League not having any official word of withdrawal from the deal.

It’s a play to try and pile pressure on via negative PR.

I still do think it’s not going through. The way the Premier League have acted, they’re rotten to the core. I think this is the last throw of the dice, but I think it’s as good as over.

Personally, I want to believe it's about Ashley raising the price at the last minute or just pocketing 17m so he can sell to a higher bid who have let him keep his SportsDirect banners. You can focus your anger squarely on him.

But if it turns out the deal was actually shut down/stalled by the PL at the request of other clubs - as that interview makes it sound - then what's the larger fucking point of anything? Ashley stays or Ashley sells to some "fit & proper" American owners, who promise to keep the club in its box between 7th and 17th, stay out of the actual transfer market and sell any real talent to the clubs that matter. Just a permanent undercard.

Personally, I want to believe it's about Ashley raising the price at the last minute or just pocketing 17m so he can sell to a higher bid who have let him keep his SportsDirect banners. You can focus your anger squarely on him.

But if it turns out the deal was actually shut down/stalled by the PL at the request of other clubs - as that interview makes it sound - then what's the larger fucking point of anything? Ashley stays or Ashley sells to some "fit & proper" American owners, who promise to keep the club in its box between 7th and 17th, stay out of the actual transfer market and sell any real talent to the actual clubs that matter. Just a permanent undercard.

Bang on, makes supporting the club or even watching PL football pointless.

Would love if it our fan base turned our back on the club and the league completely, but as pointed out our fans are generally dense

This is the one time that it's not down to Ashley (it absolutely has been the other 15 times, and will be the next 15 times as well). That's why this is so utterly devastating, like they say in that interview, this was it. The ONE chance we had of challenging again. The Premier League has been curropt cunts in this whole process, and it's sickening that they won in the end.

If Staveley is telling the truth then now is the time for NUST to step and organise something

The majority of their members were behind the takeover as well. Surely they have to put the boot in to the Premier League.

Not a favourite on here but it captures the mood

Will give a listen but the bloke talks so much shite it’s hard to believe any intel he may have.

Luke’s favourite is a white anglophone male. It’s what his primary audience adore and he’ll be required too big up. Amanda, who like Rafa, he and his audience despise as for him they did not further his career amongst other things. Client fucking journalist.

But if it turns out the deal was actually shut down/stalled by the PL at the request of other clubs - as that interview makes it sound - then what's the larger fucking point of anything? Ashley stays or Ashley sells to some "fit & proper" American owners, who promise to keep the club in its box between 7th and 17th, stay out of the actual transfer market and sell any real talent to the clubs that matter. Just a permanent undercard.

I think as much as we would like to blame MA - for me this sits firmly with the PL.  It should never have taken so long to process to even allow the agreement to expire.  Part of me thinks are PIF calling their bluff as I very much doubt they pull out of deals very often and also it's giving Bein Sports their wish.  But if the PL are never going to approve it - which it appears that way - i.e.making unrealistic requests - then I guess there is only so long you can wait before you say enough.

From BBC..

“ The delay to the process came because the Premier League lawyers struggled to establish precise links between the consortium and the Saudi government.”

Fuck me. So they basically made their minds up from the start and then went about trying to make a case to support that, but failed to do so and then just let it drag on indefinitely.

What a shower of absolute cunts.

Not a favourite on here but it captures the mood

Will give a listen but the bloke talks so much shite it’s hard to believe any intel he may have.

It's an article and I think pretty much fair enough from back to front. I've never believed his 'conspiracy against Newcastle stuff' but it looks like there could be a 'conspiracy against anyone not in the present' big 6''.

Anyone with a subscription who could copy/paste that article, or isn't that allowed in here?

I'll happily do it if it's within the rules. I've only just signed up as a new member so don't want to do it if it's not allowed.

Anyone with a subscription who could copy/paste that article, or isn't that allowed in here?

I'll happily do it if it's within the rules. I've only just signed up as a new member so don't want to do it if it's not allowed.

It's not allowed. Bullet points were posted a couple of pages back, that'll have to do.

There is no specific rules, but at the start of the takeover when the Athletic were writing exclusive articles on the takeover, there was an agreement between a few members who had subscriptions not to paste their stuff on here and to encourage people to sign up.