Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The PL don't have to say anything. They've withdrawn their offer. They'll just sit this out and know it'll all go away in time. They're not going to go running to the buyers desperate for them to change their minds. That'll only happen if the government get seriously involved.

Ashley’s NUFC will now die very quickly, IMO. This will be the straw that broke the camels back for lots of people. And he won’t be able to fill the ground with free ticket supporters either. We have an owner that doesn’t give a fuck and never has, operating in a league where it is happy to be cannon fodder, ran by a cartel to protect the interests of the big 6.

The whole thing is a loaded deck.

The only thing fans can do is wash their hands of the club and walk away . Watch it burn from a distance ...

Lets dig in at the Premier League.

Fuck giving up, give the fucking cunts fucking hell.

Ok what do you propose ? Someone on twitters already suggested a Jarrow march to London / PL HQ

Right now I don’t know. However I and our fan base don’t easily give in. It’s why there has been so many protests, why this takeover was even happening. If we don’t do anything then we are no different to those down the road.

She would have talked about ambition and drive, about getting to the Champions League, about communicating with fans, embracing club legends, funding the women’s team, reaching out to local businesses and institutions.

We could have had this. Fuck you PL

Basically the PL has not received the official withdrawn notice so they practically has to continue the test - and informed the club the result. Hail Mary it is.

Well to be honest I think the only way it still can go through is a direct call from the prince to Boris and then Boris to Masters.

Ashley's years in charge have been depressing watching the club lose its identity, but there was always the light at the end of the tunnel that he won't own us forever.

To get this close and then have it all fall apart, not because of Ashley, but because the premier league wouldn't give the green light, we'll it's the hope that kills you.

Does Staveley have any left? For a little while, she breaks off. “I’m crying, I’m sorry,” she says. She knew what she wanted to say if and when the takeover had been passed. A mission statement was prepared and practised. She would have talked about ambition and drive, about getting to the Champions League, about communicating with fans, embracing club legends, funding the women’s team, reaching out to local businesses and institutions.

Instead, it is this.

“I’m trying very hard to understand,” she says. “Today is probably not the right day … I need to figure out if there is any route through this.”

“Even now, if the Premier League came to us and said ‘we will approve you’ we would do this deal tomorrow, all three parties of the consortium,” Ghodoussi says.

“Mike has agreed, we’ve agreed, the Reubens, PIF,” says Staveley. “The only reason the deal won’t get done is because the Premier League won’t pass it. Everybody is just so, so sad.”

Is there a chance, however slim?

“I don’t know,” she says. “I just don’t know. I don’t want to give up, but I can’t do it on my own. I’ve tried. I’ve tried and I’ve tried and I’ve tried. You need investment. You can’t just buy a club with no investment behind you. You need £600-700 million minimum, to do a deal like this. That was all in place.”

She breaks off again. “I can’t believe it,” she says.

Absolute bastards.

Basically the PL has not received the official withdrawn notice so they practically has to continue the test - and informed the club the result. Hail Mary it is.

Well to be honest I think the only way it still can go through is a direct call from the prince to Boris and then Boris to Masters.

The offer has been withdrawn. There is no deal now.

The PL don't have to say anything. They've withdrawn their offer. They'll just sit this out and know it'll all go away in time. They're not going to go running to the buyers desperate for them to change their minds. That'll only happen if the government get seriously involved.

Exactly. Job done as far as they’re concerned. It fades away and nowt changes compared to massive upheaval they might have had administratively amongst other stuff.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/jul/30/newcastle-united-narrow-escape-takeover-saudi-arabia

Not without condescension from Jonathan Liew, as usual, and also completely missing the boat on the reason why it's collapsed. Nice work.

His wider audience will agree tbf.

We’re an outpost club, if we’re shit it affects nothing and no-one bar our city so why should or would the regular press give a fuck. I get the moral argument but the painting of fans should just put up with what they have / buy the club (which I’ve seen tonight) if they care that much is token as fuck.

Just wait until someone I deem acceptable comes along...

Correct, one of the frustrating parts about this takeover is people assuming we want the Saudis. What we want is freedom from Ashley and owners who have the ability to invest in the club and the area and actually have a vision. It just so happens the Saudis are the first to meet this.

In this whole debacle we are the last people to sell out.

Anyone with a subscription who could copy/paste that article, or isn't that allowed in here?

I'll happily do it if it's within the rules. I've only just signed up as a new member so don't want to do it if it's not allowed.

It's not allowed. Bullet points were posted a couple of pages back, that'll have to do.

Reading the article will just get you even more wound-up before bed. Speaking from experience here. :lol:

I made the mistake of reading the comments under the article. Holy shit, people are fucking idiots 😩

Is it worth sending complaints here?

https://www.theifo.co.uk/complaints.html

Something along the lines of asking how to make a formal complaint against the EPL in regards to claims from Amanda Staveley that significant investment into the Football Club and local economy has been withdrawn due to their inactivity?

Maybe. There’s also a change.org petition  going around.

Surely with Ashley having already checked out and being desperate to sell means we're closer to a sale, even in spite of this crushing setback?

Can't see it, unfortunately. This was it. Ashley isn't selling for less than £300m, unfortunately we're not worth anywhere near that with how much is needed in infrastructure, especially now with Covid-19.

For us to get sold, we needed a sovereign wealth fund, and that's not happening anymore.

Guest The Little Waster

The only thing fans can do is wash their hands of the club and walk away . Watch it burn from a distance ...

Lets dig in at the Premier League.

Fuck giving up, give the fucking cunts fucking hell.

Ok what do you propose ? Someone on twitters already suggested a Jarrow march to London / PL HQ

Right now I don’t know. However I and our fan base don’t easily give in. It’s why there has been so many protests, why this takeover was even happening. If we don’t do anything then we are no different to those down the road.

Our fanbase dont give a toss never mind give in . Give in is all theyve done for the past 12 years . Dream on ...

Correct, one of the frustrating parts about this takeover is people assuming we want the Saudis. What we want is freedom from Ashley and owners who have the ability to invest in the club and the area and actually have a vision. It just so happens the Saudis are the first to meet this.

In this whole debacle we are the last people to sell out.

Most people I've seen on here do want the Saudis like