Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

How does Edwards get away with yapping non stop about counter bid from Mauriss, known about it for months.

To now, saying there will be no weekly updates and done in private in what is a thinly veiled jab at AS/RB/PIF's attempt?!?

He's a fucking journalist, fans and media alike know fuck all about the bloke other than he sells some hooky satellite boxes and the CIA had an interest in his company  :lol:

I'm not asking for a weekly update on what he had for his lunch, but since you've known about him so long how about you do some digging Luke and enlighten us to his business background/wealth/vision for the club?

Because all he knows is some random murican fuck of questionable wealth and questionable intentions has submitted a bid, why the fuck should I believe that?

Is it at all possible that Mauriss could be absolutely loaded and be able to keep that kind of information private?

Someone mentioned on twitter that it’s possible to pay someone a lot of money to manage your digital footprint to a minimum, don’t understand that myself as that’s where most of these people make even more money through digital means

Is it at all possible that Mauriss could be absolutely loaded and be able to keep that kind of information private?

All we know is he's attributed to clear view, which looks a pile of shit.

Surely to god someone knows about him somewhere if he is really packing.

He's my one shot at happiness with the club at this point, and even that happiness is just schadenfreude at the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would come out from being owned by an American :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Me, all I want is a competent well run NUFC that using its own resources, fanbase, support and more organic growth measures can maintain a half decent team capable of competitive, can reinvest in the academy and facilities and give its manager enough of the right resources and tools to send out a team in the image of the fans and club;s history. We don’t need sovereign states or bullions and billions to do that, just competent, decent, skilled and altruistic owners. Hell, even Mike Ashley himself if he employed the right people, had the right desire and ambition could do that. But he’s a cunt!

He's my one shot at happiness with the club at this point, and even that happiness is just schadenfreude at the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would come out from being owned by an American :lol:

Dude's on the bridge of the titanic cracking up because it was a red white and blue iceberg.

Dude's on the bridge of the titanic cracking up because it was a red white and blue iceberg.

Would be pure Planet of the Apes ending gif laugh material :lol: :lol:

Wraith and Edwards squabbling on Twitter is amusing

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290qknusaci9lixyy02lfdxqa5l093gaie2mfszf76&rid=giphy.gif

Wraith is digging into him to be fair, all he’s doing is saying what most have said for a while, that he’s a WUM and should be send elsewhere.

They won't.  It'll die out like the anti sports direct tweets.  Prem will just stay quiet until this blows over.

Never blow over for me, anything that any club wins now is done with the condition Newcastle's ambition was blocked,

2021-22  Champions Man City/Liverpool *

* while only 6 clubs were allowed to compete.

According to this logic, you'd still have to apply the asterisk if we were bought but change it to 7 clubs allowed to compete instead of 6, no?

:lol: No as us (and anyone else) being Allowed, removes the claim only x clubs are allowed to compete.

The last few days has proven to me football is totally broken in this country. You have the PL obscuring their owners and directors test to prevent a takeover they didn't have the bollocks to reject. Further down the pyramid, the FL are taking the opposite approach and dishing out twelve point deductions at their own discretion.

It's a totally closed shop, aimed at channeling cash to the top of the pyramid. Anyone who threatens to challenge the status quo or climb the ladder aren't welcome. Football in this country is about four or five teams and if you don't like it, no one cares.

I'm done, what's the point in investing emotionally and financially into a game that is rigged against you? I've been feeling this way for a while, but watching what has happened at Wigan and of course with us is the straw the broke the camels back. Money has totally destroyed the English game and I can't really be bothered with it anymore.

It's not really a closed shop at all is it? It's a closed shop to people who pirate PL games from a broadcaster who pays millions to show the games

100% correct. If they didn't pirate the games and hurt the financial bottom line of the PL then of course they'd be allowed in. That being said they have handled this whole process very badly.

People on here acting like it's a big conspiracy to hold Newcastle down is a bit embarassing imo.

It is embarrassing. We don't even have the full story, just Staveley's version, which is inconsistent at best.

"There was no issue with piracy, but we tried to sort it anyway" being one such strange line.

They must have known from the outset they wouldn't get PL approval, with them pirating games on an industrial scale and having no will to do anything to help that situation.

We need to question everything we are told, as Mark Douglas says:

The last few days has proven to me football is totally broken in this country. You have the PL obscuring their owners and directors test to prevent a takeover they didn't have the bollocks to reject. Further down the pyramid, the FL are taking the opposite approach and dishing out twelve point deductions at their own discretion.

It's a totally closed shop, aimed at channeling cash to the top of the pyramid. Anyone who threatens to challenge the status quo or climb the ladder aren't welcome. Football in this country is about four or five teams and if you don't like it, no one cares.

I'm done, what's the point in investing emotionally and financially into a game that is rigged against you? I've been feeling this way for a while, but watching what has happened at Wigan and of course with us is the straw the broke the camels back. Money has totally destroyed the English game and I can't really be bothered with it anymore.

It's not really a closed shop at all is it? It's a closed shop to people who pirate PL games from a broadcaster who pays millions to show the games

100% correct. If they didn't pirate the games and hurt the financial bottom line of the PL then of course they'd be allowed in. That being said they have handled this whole process very badly.

People on here acting like it's a big conspiracy to hold Newcastle down is a bit embarassing imo.

It is embarrassing. We don't even have the full story, just Staveley's version, which is inconsistent at best.

"There was no issue with piracy, but we tried to sort it anyway" being one such strange line.

They must have known from the outset they wouldn't get PL approval, with them pirating games on an industrial scale and having no will to do anything to help that situation.

So the premier league should have rejected it then.

Yes, people who can should question everything.

Problem is no one is doing that? So fans are being left to scrap the morsels of shit we've been told and form an opinion.

Can only bash with the cock you've got unfortunately.

I'm less annoyed about the deal collapsing, and more annoyed with the sheer amount of people telling us to get back in our box and rubbishing the potential new owners. Go and do some digging and come back with some real news.