Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If he’s going to improve us off the pitch, improve facilities and grow us commercially, good luck to him I’d be happy. I doubt he’d be able to do any of that.

This guy isn’t buying us :lol:

He has no money or credibility. Yet another media placement from Qatari’s to make this easier to stall.

Idiots like Edwards spinning a tail of the Saudis not being the only option makes things a lot smoother.

If he’s going to improve us off the pitch, improve facilities and grow us commercially, good luck to him I’d be happy. I doubt he’d be able to do any of that.

He has no money or credibility.

Sounds like the perfect candidate.

Wait, didn't Edwards reply to someone's sarcastic tweet yesterday when they said would he report on him and his company if he says he's going to buy the club, much like Henry has.

And Edwards said yes, if you deposit 350m into escrow to prove your funds, insinuating that is what Mauriss has done?

And now he hasn't even produced proof of funds or started fuck all despite being interested since last year.

Imagine people being pissed at AS for actually trying to buy our club(and sadly failing twice) and saying jot all about some fake counter offer from this joker.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

I can understand fans wanting to cling to the last vestiges of hope i really can but there is no hope , abandon ship , walk away , let it burn .

He has no money or credibility.

Sounds like the perfect candidate.

:lol:

I can understand fans wanting to cling to the last vestiges of hope i really can but there is no hope , abandon ship , walk away , let it burn .

This

The PIF stuff is done, if it was a negotiating tactic it would have been done in silence like the majority of this.

Mauriss may or may not be real, but even if he is it's a massive come down from 10 times City wealth :(

This

The PIF stuff is done, if it was a negotiating tactic it would have been done in silence like the majority of this.

Mauriss may or may not be real, but even if he is it's a massive come down from 10 times City wealth :(

Staveley has said if fans want this to happen they have to force the issue which suggests PIF haven't fully walked away??

Mauriss sounds like a chancer much like Ashley himself. He has resources but has very little personal capital in the bank to make the purchase out right.  My worry would be he loans the 300 mil and then burdens NUFC with paying it back. 

It's a funny old world where Ashley has fannied about with NUFC for years pretending to sell or messing buyers around...now he is scurrying about looking to flog like a desperate tit.

Written dialogue with the PL is not going to achieve anything except a polite response saying nothing.

As we’ve seen with Ashley, the only way this is going to have any impact is of that fan pressure impacts on revenue. If the 50,000 fans who signed the petition had it in them to cancel sky subscriptions, and a mass boycott of any of the PL’s commercial partners. We may not have a huge amount of options available as fans, but we’re still one of the most watched teams, that’s why we’re on so often. A public cancellation of subscriptions, spamming social media etc. would be fantastic if sky lost 50,000 subscriptions over this - even just the sports part of you cannot bear giving up the whole thing.

No rebuttal from Spurs and Liverpool re Staveley's comments.

No rebuttal from the Premier League re Steveley's comments

Fairly big accusations from her, in print, yet no counter arguments, and people are still claiming she's a liar?

Fairly big accusations from her, in print, yet no counter arguments, and people are still claiming she's a liar?

Because to counter it is to give fresh fuel to the flames and legitimises it to some extend. Like the Premier League they will just want to smother the story and let it fade out in the next few days/weeks.

This

Staveley has said if fans want this to happen they have to force the issue which suggests PIF haven't fully walked away??

She is just saving face imo.

Because to counter it is to give fresh fuel to the flames and legitimises it to some extend. Like the Premier League they will just want to smother the story and let it fade out in the next few days/weeks.

Which again, suggests she isn't lying.

I did think that PL were going to approve but were using their leverage to get as much as possible from the deal - piracy fixed, a big bid for the next MENA rights etc.

They pushed it too far, PIF walked away and now PL will realise the limit has been reached, will leave it at that and approve.

But no.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

If AS had the case some people on here think she has she'd already be in court with the PL . Fans can protest all they want , the PL couldnt care less - we don't matter to them and they'll be more than happy when we get relegated next season . Pontius Pilates got nowt on them

Guest ClintonBaptiste

If AS had the case some people on here think she has she'd already be in court with the PL . Fans can protest all they want , the PL couldnt care less - we don't matter to them and they'll be more than happy when we get relegated next season . Pontius Pilates got nowt on them

So would you say we sit back, accept it, say nothing and just let them get on with it?

Accept reality ? Yes