Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The petition seems to be gaining some more momentum with a number of ex-players sharing it on Twitter (not sure if they've signed it), such as Robbie Elliott, Rob Lee, Asprilla (though that could be Wraith running his account) and Malcolm Macdonald.

EDIT: Just seen the twitter posts on previous page.  :blush:

If AS had the case some people on here think she has she'd already be in court with the PL . Fans can protest all they want , the PL couldnt care less - we don't matter to them and they'll be more than happy when we get relegated next season . Pontius Pilates got nowt on them

So would you say we sit back, accept it, say nothing and just let them get on with it?

Accept reality ? Yes

Are you walking away from the club completely or "supporting the team"? Genuine question.

Sunderland fans did that and look where it got them

Liverpool done the same and look where it got them.

It staggering the amount of we cannot win so why bother in the mass population over the way corporations treat us not just in football.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

The need to cling on to even the slightest bit of hope is the same neediness thats kept Ashley here all these years . Fans clinging on in the false belief that doing the same old thing ( buying season tickets ) will somehow at some point magically transform the situation and get us a new decent owner . How did that work out these past 13 years ? It was only when ten tbousand fans gave up hope and stopped going ( plus an unprecedented situation via covid ) that Ashley finally was motivated to sell . Its not just the fact that its the hope that kills you its the fact that its the hope that keeps us in hock to a piss taker of an owner and allows us to put off using the one weapon we have to get rid of him - walk away - dont look back - let it burn to the ground and only then will fans be in a position to have any say on the club . Until then im afraid , this wanting to delay the fact of another failed bid is fans merely prevaricating around the reality that they really need to put the knife into Ashley and stop attending / buying season tickets and watch their club collapse . Thats a hard and painful thing to do / witness but it absoloutely needs to haplen before this club can be reborn and no amount of letter writing , email spamming , protesting is going to change that fact

It staggering the amount of we cannot win so why bother in the mass population over the way corporations treat us not just in football.

Agreed - but the Liverpool situation was primarily driven by the fact that they were a matter of hours away from being insolvent and going into administration.

Generally speaking, I have very little time for Liverpool fans (a different story for a different thread). One thing that has kept the club in the upper echelons of English football is the standards and expectations the fans set for the club. Other fans have called them deluded, but it's contributed to the reason they're always in the picture.

Exactly. The same sort of people who get a shit meal in a restaurant, keep quiet and actually say oh it was lovely when the waitress asks them.

Spineless saps.

I agree, this deal is potentially like winning the golden ticket to the chocolate factory, it could propel us to football's top table, compared to the 'at least we tried' downward facing mentality that the club is gripped by at the moment. If there is even a 1% chance we could help resurrect this deal then we should try our best.

The trouble is nobody contests the concept, they simply get a bee in their bonnet when it affects them, personally.

Having forced the Saudi's to walk away it will be interesting to see if BeOutq is suddenly resurrected once the new PL season starts.

Honestly, if this deal is dead, then I hope it's resurrected ten fold.

A genuine question to those that are saying to "walk away and ignore the club completely"

How do you do that?

Not a dig, just curious as I have tried and tried for years, and just cant do it. I don't buy anything from the "club" anymore, and I very very rarely go to a game (although that hurts as I want to be able to take my son), but I can't, no matter how much I try, just ignore NUFC.

Stupid? Thick? a sheep? possibly

This is very true. It's impossible to ignore it completely. I wish I could.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

A genuine question to those that are saying to "walk away and ignore the club completely"

How do you do that?

Not a dig, just curious as I have tried and tried for years, and just cant do it. I don't buy anything from the "club" anymore, and I very very rarely go to a game (although that hurts as I want to be able to take my son), but I can't, no matter how much I try, just ignore NUFC.

Accept the club is dead . Act accordingly .

How do you do that?

I love how you went from 'not a dig...' to calling them stupid, thick or sheep  :iamatwat:

Guest Cheesy Beans

Posted this as part of my post in the NUST thread, but it’s relevant here.

This failed takeover hasn’t just ruined a great opportunity for NUFC, it’s also lost millions of pounds as Newcastle as a city. The current climate will result in thousands of people losing their jobs over the next 12 months and this investment could have been a lifeline. This is bigger than a football club.

There should be huge amounts of pressure put on the PL from all angles, it should be sustained and not allowed to die out.

How do you do that?

I love how you went from 'not a dig...' to calling them stupid, thick or sheep  :iamatwat:

I thought it was more self-deprecating, tbh.

How do you do that?

I can't just switch off - NUFC have been part of my life for 38 years. I'll not go to a game, home or away. I won't buy any merchandise. I probably won't even watch a match even if it's on free TV. But it's not like I can go and support someone else, it's just weird.

How do you do that?

So you joined up here after the deal was said to be off just to tell people to give it up.

Fucking weirdo.

Guest ClintonBaptiste

How do you do that?

I can't just switch off - NUFC have been part of my life for 38 years. I'll not go to a game, home or away. I won't buy any merchandise. I probably won't even watch a match even if it's on free TV. But it's not like I can go and support someone else, it's just weird.

Then youre already acting accordingly . The only power we have as fans is to withdraw our support . Its a powerful weapon when adopted en masse

Posted this as part of my post in the NUST thread, but it’s relevant here.

This failed takeover hasn’t just ruined a great opportunity for NUFC, it’s also lost millions of pounds as Newcastle as a city. The current climate will result in thousands of people losing their jobs over the next 12 months and this investment could have been a lifeline. This is bigger than a football club.

There should be huge amounts of pressure put on the PL from all angles, it should be sustained and not allowed to die out.

Totally agree. A HUGE missed opportunity for the region. The biggest in my lifetime.