Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Hi Luke, appears you've swooped in to pick apart a post (maybe rightly) and avoid any other discussion.

Why not stick around and actually converse with people? You've called people at every opportunity without ever clarifying why you speak from such a position of authority.

What would you like to talk about, bud? I'm an open book.

Hi Luke, appears you've swooped in to pick apart a post (maybe rightly) and avoid any other discussion.

Why not stick around and actually converse with people? You've called people at every opportunity without ever clarifying why you speak from such a position of authority.

What would you like to talk about, bud? I'm an open book.

Wait, so are you actually Luke Edwards? :lol:

Guest neesy111

Tbf, Penis is definitely right there. The conspiracy thing overdone, they're literally a media partner of the Premier League and the PL will be acting in their own and their partner's own interest more than anything.

Rather support your media partner than your member?

That makes no sense.

Tbf, Penis is definitely right there. The conspiracy thing overdone, they're literally a media partner of the Premier League and the PL will be acting in their own and their partner's own interest more than anything.

That’s fair enough but the PL also need to accept by bundling their rights for the MENA region, it is also unreasonable to expect a nation to accept an offshoot of Al Jazeera into their country. Yes there’s no excusing the piracy and let’s be honest we all know their guilty of that. However, say the NFL bundled the rights for Europe and a Russian broadcaster got the rights, would it be reasonable for U.K. to say where not allowing them to broadcast in our space, I would suggest yes it would.

If I’m not mistaken there is something in test that allows for corrective action to be taken, they have introduced new anti piracy measures, and it will be interesting to see how serious they are about this when there is no legal way of watching the PL. I would have loved them to have allowed bein to broadcast to get this through, however either it was just to big of an ask for them, or they genuinely miscalculated and thought they could buy the rights.

Hilarious.

I see Wraith's reputation has been pretty much reformed as a result of this farce in the eyes of many.  You're all being played in ways you'd struggle to comprehend

Thanks for replying, almost an honour Luke.

Can you clarify what you mean by the above? What exactly do the fans not comprehend?

Rather support your media partner than your member?

Not saying that, but you don't need a conspiracy theory to connect the two.

Think everyone is a little drunk on conspiracy theories. Penn/Luke has played a blinder mind, swooping in to dismiss a blatant one when he is one.  :lol:

I mean its so good that its a little too good for Mr Edwards to concoct.  :lol:

That’s fair enough but the PL also need to accept by bundling their rights for the MENA region, it is also unreasonable to expect a nation to accept an offshoot of Al Jazeera into their country. Yes there’s no excusing the piracy and let’s be honest we all know their guilty of that. However, say the NFL bundled the rights for Europe and a Russian broadcaster got the rights, would it be reasonable for U.K. to say where not allowing them to broadcast in our space, I would suggest yes it would.

If I’m not mistaken there is something in test that allows for corrective action to be taken, they have introduced new anti piracy measures, and it will be interesting to see how serious they are about this when there is no legal way of watching the PL. I would have loved them to have allowed bein to broadcast to get this through, however either it was just to big of an ask for them, or they genuinely miscalculated and thought they could buy the rights.

I agree on MENA. Kanji has brought it up, too. Just seems like the league were asking for it having a politically volatile region grouped together for rights purchases while also allowing nation states to purchase football clubs. They've created their own issue and now it's on them to deal with it not ignore the wellbeing of one of their shareholding clubs.

I agree on MENA. Kanji has brought it up, too. Just seems like the league were asking for it having a politically volatile region grouped together for rights purchases while also allowing nation states to purchase football clubs. They've created their own issue and now it's on them to deal with it not ignore the wellbeing of one of their shareholding clubs.

:thup:

Think everyone is a little drunk on conspiracy theories. Penn/Luke has played a blinder mind, swooping in to dismiss a blatant one when he is one.  :lol:

I mean its so good that its a little too good for Mr Edwards to concoct.  :lol:

The name Penn is inspired, admittedly.

The whole sale thing has highlighted just how bent the epl is, highlighting there links to the Qatari government through Barclays Bank

This is one of the dafter angles (and they're all pretty daft) being pushed.

There doesn't need to be any shadowy links between the Premier League and Qatar - Qatar pump 100s of millions of pounds into the Premier League's coffers every year as a result of the beIN deal. That's the financial link that's important and it's in the public domain. Everything else is conspiratorial fantasy that will come to absolutely nothing.

This. People seem to think that it's illegitimate for the premier league to listen to concerns of a major customer. Of course they do, it's not shady it's the real world and if say some business i was in a long term contract did formed a partnership with someone who was stealing from me, of course it would be a problem.

There's no doubt in my mind that that precise commercial reality is what has dictated the PLs attitude in how they've applied the test to this takeover. Thing is, there's nothing in the O&D test (as far as I understand, happy to be corrected if there is) that says it can fail because the prospective owners have (or maybe that should say "are connected to an organisation which has") upset one of the league's commercial partners.

I'd bet everything I have that after this is done and dusted it will swiftly be updated to include such a clause mind.

Where a member of the EPL and contribute as well you know, there where not acting in our interests.

Now I'll admit I've had a few tonight, but can anyone explain this post? I've tried substituting we're for where and their for there and it still makes no sense to me  :dontknow:

Guest neesy111

The name Penn is inspired, admittedly.

I presume Crayon was already taken.

Is Ryder on the forum like?

Aye, as: Stifleaay[/member]

:lol: :lol:

That isn't true mind.  Stiffy is much more capable than Ryder.

We are members of the EPL, by leaving things hanging for 17 weeks they don’t appear to be  acting in our interests. :cheesy:

Now I'll admit I've had a few tonight, but can anyone explain this post? I've tried substituting we're for where and their for there and it still makes no sense to me  :dontknow:

Had a fair few holiday beers myself, will get my lass to correct it for you later on, not sure she can do any better though.

Where a member of the EPL and contribute as well you know, there where not acting in our interests.

I don't have a clue either.