Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Thing is, the PL have a way out of this by saying they just havent completed the checks yet but it will be done by X date. On this date, they say it can go through. A little bit of annoyance about transfers but otherwise we are free of ashley. This is of course if PIF havent actually withdrawn the bid.

The silence will do the PL no favours long term and just invites intervention into their shadiness.

Current silence and delay of responding could be used to delete emails/shred documents too.

Thing is, the PL have a way out of this by saying they just havent completed the checks yet but it will be done by X date. On this date, they say it can go through. A little bit of annoyance about transfers but otherwise we are free of ashley. This is of course if PIF havent actually withdrawn the bid.

The silence will do the PL no favours long term and just invites intervention into their shadiness.

Current silence and delay of responding could be used to delete emails/shred documents too.

Hell, they're not Enron....they managed to convince everyone for years before one of the biggest accounting scandals ever. Everyone knows PL are a 'bit dodgy' at best and worst completely incompetent.  Wouldn't surprise me if they'd just shoved all the transcripts in to the recycling, for some tip raider to discover in about 6 months after PIF have went and bought Milan, and destroyed Juventus in a record season having spent more than any club in history. Then they'll complain about not getting investment

Thank you for contacting me about Newcastle United and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia.

It is my understanding that a proposed takeover bid for Newcastle United FC involving Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund has been withdrawn. 

I appreciate that many Newcastle fans were hoping this takeover bid would go ahead and can understand their sense of disappointment. This was entirely a matter for the parties concerned, with no involvement from Government. Ministers did not hold any discussions with sports national governing bodies or sports rights holders on the potential sale of Newcastle United FC. Any sale is a matter for the interested parties, and for the Premier League to assess under its Owners’ and Directors’ Test.

I have seen the recent email sent to Newcastle fans from the Independent Football Ombudsman and agree with their conclusion that the Premier League should make a statement on this case. I am pleased that the Ombudsman has committed to advising the Premier League to provide a statement. There must be clarity on why there was a significant delay in a decision being made, and on the reasons why the consortium decided to withdraw their bid.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson MP

Is that genuine response that someone's had?

Thank you for contacting me about Newcastle United and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia.

It is my understanding that a proposed takeover bid for Newcastle United FC involving Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund has been withdrawn. 

I appreciate that many Newcastle fans were hoping this takeover bid would go ahead and can understand their sense of disappointment. This was entirely a matter for the parties concerned, with no involvement from Government. Ministers did not hold any discussions with sports national governing bodies or sports rights holders on the potential sale of Newcastle United FC. Any sale is a matter for the interested parties, and for the Premier League to assess under its Owners’ and Directors’ Test.

I have seen the recent email sent to Newcastle fans from the Independent Football Ombudsman and agree with their conclusion that the Premier League should make a statement on this case. I am pleased that the Ombudsman has committed to advising the Premier League to provide a statement. There must be clarity on why there was a significant delay in a decision being made, and on the reasons why the consortium decided to withdraw their bid.

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson MP

Clearly not. Boris is not that articulate, or polite enough to respond with thanks

Guest Cheesy Beans

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson MP

Yeah, a screenshot of the actual email has been sent to NUST on Twitter.

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson MP

Link?

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson MP

Twitter ;D ;D

Yours sincerely,

Boris Johnson MP

If this can be verified we can use it - link?

Guest Cheesy Beans

random irrelevant question but why wouldn't Boris (or whatever random secretary actually wrote and sent it) sign off his e-mail as prime minister?

Because it was sent to him as an MP, and not as Prime Minister. There are different communication routes for both roles.

Apparently Boris Johnson is backing it now as well  :lol:  The PM stated, in an email our of our members that .."agree with their conclusion that the Premier League should make a statement on this case. I am pleased that the Ombudsman has committed to advising the Premier League to provide a statement."

Apparently Boris Johnson is backing it now as well  :lol:  The PM stated, in an email our of our members that .."agree with their conclusion that the Premier League should make a statement on this case. I am pleased that the Ombudsman has committed to advising the Premier League to provide a statement."

From that full statement it looked like he was sitting on the fence tbh and supporting both sides.