Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

How exactly did we get f***ed by the league? Obviously they could have been more transparent and communicated better and clearly they should have actually made a decision. But ultimately isn’t the takeover going through more down to the Saudis themselves rather than the league?

Every single hurdle possible was put up in front of this takeover,

Guest Cheesy Beans

If there’s piracy don’t they have a right to ask for there to be a issue though?

It’s a conversation to be had between the PL and the consortium - for sure, but that should be on the PL’s terms and not demanded by a broadcaster/country with an ulterior motive.

It also fails to explain the significant and unnecessary delays in the process, by the PL’s own reckoning.

Guest reefatoon

How exactly did we get f***ed by the league? Obviously they could have been more transparent and communicated better and clearly they should have actually made a decision. But ultimately isn’t the takeover going through more down to the Saudis themselves rather than the league?

Every single hurdle possible was put up in front of this takeover,

This is true, but unfortunately, the 3 percenters will never see it that way.

A announcement will be made soon, in the coming days.

I don’t know if it is good or bad news but something will be put out there. 

I’m not a alt, can’t give sources, vague I know but one way or the other we will hear something.

Guest Cheesy Beans

I’m not a alt, can’t give sources, vague I know but one way or the other we will hear something.

At this stage, someone could tell me the tooth fairy will deliver an announcement overnight and I’d lap it up.

If there’s piracy don’t they have a right to ask for there to be a issue though?

It’s a conversation to be had between the PL and the consortium - for sure, but that should be on the PL’s terms and not demanded by a broadcaster/country with an ulterior motive.

It also fails to explain the significant and unnecessary delays in the process, by the PL’s own reckoning.

Not only that, but if Piracy is an issue, which is legitimately is, then reject it on that basis. Most fans are demanding clarity, not that it is categorically accepted.

It's been a pisstake from start to finish.

If it wasn't for the lack of a fourth sentence, I would have sworn that was Nostradamus.

What evidence is there it was demanded by Qatar? But let’s say there is evidence, as a customer why don’t they have a right to speak up if someone that is stealing their broadcasting rights are about to buy a club?

Ah, man :lol:

Just... why?

Kill this thread.  If PCP/PIF/RB make another bid then start a new thread then. We're picking over a fetid, decaying carcass at this point.  We're looking at weeks old entrails trying to find some new clue.  Some are arguing over some minuscule kink or the makeup of the contents that reside within it.

This take over is dead.  Skewer it, roast it over a fire until it is charcoal.  Take the charcoal, grind in a pestle and climb a high mountain and cast it into the breeze.

What evidence is there it was demanded by Qatar? But let’s say there is evidence, as a customer why don’t they have a right to speak up if someone that is stealing their broadcasting rights are about to buy a club?

BECAUSE THERE IS NOT MEANT TO BE ANY OUTSIDE INFLUENCE.....

Guest reefatoon

Honestly, it’s not worth arguing the points over. Rafalove was one of the folks who didn’t want this to go through, so he is perfectly happy with the job done by the premier league, he won’t see a problem with how it all turned out. The two sides are never going to agree, so it’s all just pointless going over it.

Kill this thread.  If PCP/PIF/RB make another bid then start a new thread then. We're picking over a fetid, decaying carcass at this point.  We're looking at weeks old entrails trying to find some new clue.  Some are arguing over some minuscule kink or the makeup of the contents that reside within it.

This take over is dead.  Skewer it, roast it over a fire until it is charcoal.  Take the charcoal, grind in a pestle and climb a high mountain and cast it into the breeze.

The reason people won't let this go is because if it is actually dead, then NUFC is dead.  Just look at us man, cap in hand begging for free transfers.  Meanwhile Man City put together a £640m deal for Messi.  We won't compete, we cant compete and so what is the fucking point? 

If it wasn't for the lack of a fourth sentence, I would have sworn that was Nostradamus.

I’ll accept your apology in a few days.

People keep saying that but it’s not really true. I was always in two minds. For example i could read an article on Saudi human rights abuses,  and be thinking “fuck this is awful, I don’t want my club being used to cover this up”.

But then there would be other times, I’d be drawing up a transfer wish list.

I do think we should atleast acknowledge as many did that the whole thing was immoral, and bad for football.

As I have said quite a few times, we will hear when this is finally resolved, as either a "full stop" or as a "Takeover", and we will hear absolutely NOTHING - from anyone that matters, Staveley, Reubens, PIF, Ashley, - up until that final point.

Everything else we see reported or commented on is just BS.

All we need to do is 'forget it' (kind of) and just W A I T.

:lol: Why do you keep ignoring we have heard from PIF already? They're out. They were funding 80% of it. Of all the parties involved that's a pretty f***ing big one to get that statement from. And if everything else reported or commented on is BS, that means we ignore all the s**** being spouted about how it's now being handled 'behind closed doors'.. right?

Because even AS and the Reuben Brother's ignored it?

Manopark is getting some totally uneccassary grief here. Just an optimistic bloke who is excitable and wants the best for the club, so what if he's slightly annoying with it?

Some serious projecting going on in here you bunch of incels.

Yes indeed, all I am saying is because we have not been told anything about the final outcome, we should just wait (instead of 'jumping in to say it is dead, etc !!).

No one knows what the outcome will be, so lets just do the obvious "waiting" thing, yeah?

The hope of this takeover is the only thing that connects me to the club. Once I'm satisfied that this is dead I don't think I'll be following the club with any real seriousness.

If there's even a 0.1% chance of this happening then we should be fighting for it till the very end because we already know what the alternative is, so why the f*** would you accept that?

The irony in all this is that the same ones who are slating you for being "optmistic" (realistic imo) have given up and accepted that, much like the fans who go to games who they also slate for that very same reason.

Yes, I think the "pessimists" on here just like to have a go at me, and others, just because we explain things factually, and because we do not join them in their eternal pessimism.

I am going to stick with the facts as they are, until we hear anything else.

You have never once posted 'facts' in regards to the takeover. In fact, you deliberately ignore one of the few facts we publicly have available which is the official withdrawal of PIF

Deal is dead for me. Do want to know if Caulkin or any journo knew of the bid before the WSJ and how it was that they broke the news. Was it given deliberately or by accident and they printed it without realising the shit storm it would create?

Once it was out in the public domain it was open season for all and sundry to say why it shouldn’t happen.

We’ve been done over, forget the rights and wrongs of SA, the PL made it impossible for this to get done and have been allowed to get away without explaining why. Oh yes, PIF walked away, that’s not a satisfactory explanation of what happened. No wonder we feel we’ve had our pants pulled down.

As I have said quite a few times, we will hear when this is finally resolved, as either a "full stop" or as a "Takeover", and we will hear absolutely NOTHING - from anyone that matters, Staveley, Reubens, PIF, Ashley, - up until that final point.

:lol: Why do you keep ignoring we have heard from PIF already? They're out. They were funding 80% of it. Of all the parties involved that's a pretty f***ing big one to get that statement from. And if everything else reported or commented on is BS, that means we ignore all the s**** being spouted about how it's now being handled 'behind closed doors'.. right?

Manopark is getting some totally uneccassary grief here. Just an optimistic bloke who is excitable and wants the best for the club, so what if he's slightly annoying with it?

Yes indeed, all I am saying is because we have not been told anything about the final outcome, we should just wait (instead of 'jumping in to say it is dead, etc !!).

No one knows what the outcome will be, so lets just do the obvious "waiting" thing, yeah?

The hope of this takeover is the only thing that connects me to the club. Once I'm satisfied that this is dead I don't think I'll be following the club with any real seriousness.

If there's even a 0.1% chance of this happening then we should be fighting for it till the very end because we already know what the alternative is, so why the f*** would you accept that?

The irony in all this is that the same ones who are slating you for being "optmistic" (realistic imo) have given up and accepted that, much like the fans who go to games who they also slate for that very same reason.

Yes, I think the "pessimists" on here just like to have a go at me, and others, just because we explain things factually, and because we do not join them in their eternal pessimism.

You have never once posted 'facts' in regards to the takeover. In fact, you deliberately ignore one of the few facts we publicly have available which is the official withdrawal of PIF

There has never been an official withdrawal, just a public statement, and we all know that could have been made for various reasons.

There has never been an official withdrawal, just a public statement, and we all know that could have been made for various reasons.

The consortium chose not to take up that offer, but nor did it procure the provision of the additional information. Later, it (or PIF specifically) voluntarily withdrew from the process.

Premier league statement.

The consortium chose not to take up that offer, but nor did it procure the provision of the additional information. Later, it (or PIF specifically) voluntarily withdrew from the process.

Premier league statement.

Wake up, sheeple. The buyers withdrawing and the governing body accepting that withdrawal is just a negotiation tactic.

I'd swear there was someone else, months ago, said something very similar. Can't remember if that was you or not.

I wonder what happened to that ITK information. Hmmmm...

I'd swear there was someone else, months ago, said something very similar. Can't remember if that was you or not.

I wonder what happened to that ITK information. Hmmmm...

Rocker.