Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know, since the takeover fell through I've just lost pretty much all interest in the club. I can't do yet another season of pointless, unambitious rubbish under Ashley. I mean, I keep an eye out on the occasional bit of news perhaps and pop on to here every now and again but it just feels like supporting the team is a complete and utter waste of time. I hold out some vague hope that there might be something still in the pipeline and that's why it's all gone quiet but I'm not holding my breath, gone is my ridiculous optimism.

Fuckin hell are people now suggesting a deal has been done and new owners are buying these players

Mental :lol:

I don’t think that, I think Ashley maybe thinks that the wages won’t be his liability soon so he is happy to pay them for a period.

The takeover is still in the background ‘cos is we’ve signed 2 frees, a much needed left back and a cheap centre forward who actually plays there and may get 10 goals over the season?

Nah, this is Ashley trying to avoid relegation and hoping some new buyer comes in. If he did get the £18M deposit he’s got 4 players in for minimal expenditure. If Fraser and Wilson combine as they can and ASM and Almiron are played properly we might just be ok. Joelinton should spend most of the season on the bench which might just do him some good, he may get some game time as a No10 behind Wilson or on the wing when ASM is injured. We should never see him up top again (prays for a loan striker to come in as well).

I mean we are hardly going above and beyond we were told the transfer budget was £35m. By all accounts we’ve spent £34m

Well there's clearly some deception somewhere. If the common belief holds that the budget includes wages then that 35m is long gone, pending sales. Alternatively the 35m figure was plucked from nothing to keep up the pretence of being perennially skint, which doesn't hold true either since newly promoted Leeds can go and blow 27 on a single player.

Or as someone suggested there's a significant sale coming from somewhere...and that suggests StMax as he's the only one that could probably be moved for a decent profit on initial outlay

That £17m surely went straight to the owner, not the club? If I put a fiver deposit down for a toaster, the fiver is given to the owner of the toaster, not the toaster itself?

Expect legal action from your toaster.

The wages will be offset by sales. Colback for one is finally off the books

He wasn’t sold though was he?

No I meant sales plus players that have left. he was on a lot of money which Wilson or Fraser’s wages will now replace. Can see atsu going and Ritchie and a centre half