Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

There are a lot of people on here indulging in their usual "negative interpretations" after Ashley's Statement.

I do not know why?

Anyway, the message remains almost exactly as it was before last nights statement . . . "The deal is (still) far from dead, things are happening behind the scenes, all we can do is WAIT for the outcome"

The negative interpretations are based on the previous 13 years of Ashley. We can't have nice things. I struggle to comprehend why certain posters can't understand why other posters think the worst?

The over the top "Oh, mark my words, this is 100% happening" posts are really tiresome. There is middle ground in all of this but those posts tend to get ignored.

So, my view. I really really want this takeover to happen. I want to see the back of Ashley and believe this is the only (realistic short-term) way. However, regardless of how much Ashley wants it, Staveley wants it, PIF want it, the evidence, removing wild assumptions and guesswork, point to the fact that the PL have an issue with it. At the end of the day, it's their process, it's their "club". Unless something dramatic happens then I can't see this going through.

There has been no word from anyone that an appeal is going to happen (let's hope it does) and the only thing we know is a proven liar has released a statement about "considering options".

It's great to have positivity but it's also sensible to be realistic. That's the basis on the, as you call them, "negative" posts.

Not really, not at all in fact!

Realistic posts (hopefully not ignored) are such as those from me where I keep on saying . . "things ARE happening, wait for the outcome (not before) then we will know".

Guest Cheesy Beans

I still find it fascinating that a test designed to protect the cloob from criminal activity or lack of financial backing is preventing us from being taken over due to the PL’s own interests.

Ashley wont contest it. He would rather sell it for a reduced price to some moron who could be waved through, than put time and effort into a law suit.

Regardless of what people think of Ashley he has always said he would only sell to someone who could take the club forward.  In that respect the consortium are the only buyers who can do that, hence his determination to realise his asset and at the same time can say there you go I've given you owners with a shed load of money that I haven't got.

Rather than appealing the rejection, the club may consider applying for a Judicial Review.  A Judicial review process would examine whether the PL have correctly applied the O&D procedures in reaching their decision to reject the takeover.  If it is established they have exceeded the parameters of the O&D procedures in rejecting the takeover, regardless of the evidence of piracy etc, they could then be left with no other option than to allow the takeover.

The Judicial review process only applies to decisions made by public bodies.

I studied restraint of trade in sport last year and came across some judicial commentary that suggest judges may be open to extending judicial review to sports regulatory bodies in some instances.

Doubt this case is one of them mind.

If true, it makes perfect sense.

PIF by agreeing to do something about piracy are basically admitting to being apart of the Saudi state and thus liable for the piracy issues.

Makes it an easy rejection in the premier leagues eyes.

What??

Could we not just revoke our premier league status go to the championship and then get promoted this season?

No, we can't. Apart from the fact that there is probably no way to do that, the O&D test is applied to directors/owners all promoted clubs, also at the start of every season for current PL clubs and can be reapplied at any time the PL become aware of a disqualifying event.

So...premier league says the bid is withdrawn so nothing to reject...the club says there has been a bid rejected. Who do you believe?

It's like being asked to choose who to get in bed with Jo Brand or Katy Brand.

One would definitely be more fun, but one has the dirt and filth. Either way you feel minging in the morning

So...premier league says the bid is withdrawn so nothing to reject...the club says there has been a bid rejected. Who do you believe?

One would definitely be more fun, but one has the dirt and filth. Either way you feel minging in the morning

Katy Brand, easily.

Could we not just revoke our premier league status go to the championship and then get promoted this season?

No, we can't. Apart from the fact that there is probably no way to do that, the O&D test is applied to directors/owners all promoted clubs, also at the start of every season for current PL clubs and can be reapplied at any time the PL become aware of ambition outside the top 6.

fyp.

Rather than appealing the rejection, the club may consider applying for a Judicial Review.  A Judicial review process would examine whether the PL have correctly applied the O&D procedures in reaching their decision to reject the takeover.  If it is established they have exceeded the parameters of the O&D procedures in rejecting the takeover, regardless of the evidence of piracy etc, they could then be left with no other option than to allow the takeover.

The Judicial review process only applies to decisions made by public bodies.

I studied restraint of trade in sport last year and came across some judicial commentary that suggest judges may be open to extending judicial review to sports regulatory bodies in some instances.

Doubt this case is one of them mind.

Interesting, but whatever happens I think the most likely route for altering the decision is an appeal to the PL and then to CAS after that, if there is the will.

Katy Brand, easily.

Caveat is that she'll only accept if you can get your cv onto a single sheet of A4..

Or you can prove if a strawberry is dead or alive

Katy Brand, easily.

Caveat is that she'll only accept if you can get your cv onto a single sheet of A4..

You could get my CV on a sheet of A5.

Katy Brand, easily.

You could get my CV on a sheet of A5.

And what's your take on strawberries?

There are a lot of people on here indulging in their usual "negative interpretations" after Ashley's Statement.

I do not know why?

Anyway, the message remains almost exactly as it was before last nights statement . . . "The deal is (still) far from dead, things are happening behind the scenes, all we can do is WAIT for the outcome"

The negative interpretations are based on the previous 13 years of Ashley. We can't have nice things. I struggle to comprehend why certain posters can't understand why other posters think the worst?

The over the top "Oh, mark my words, this is 100% happening" posts are really tiresome. There is middle ground in all of this but those posts tend to get ignored.

So, my view. I really really want this takeover to happen. I want to see the back of Ashley and believe this is the only (realistic short-term) way. However, regardless of how much Ashley wants it, Staveley wants it, PIF want it, the evidence, removing wild assumptions and guesswork, point to the fact that the PL have an issue with it. At the end of the day, it's their process, it's their "club". Unless something dramatic happens then I can't see this going through.

There has been no word from anyone that an appeal is going to happen (let's hope it does) and the only thing we know is a proven liar has released a statement about "considering options".

It's great to have positivity but it's also sensible to be realistic. That's the basis on the, as you call them, "negative" posts.

Not really, not at all in fact!

Realistic posts (hopefully not ignored) are such as those from me where I keep on saying . . "things ARE happening, wait for the outcome (not before) then we will know".

I guess this is where you and I struggle to understand each other. There will NEVER be a definitive outcome until the club is sold, that's a fact. I'm not arguing that.

However, all you're doing is speculating on what the consortium will do. Appeals, legal action, restructuring the board etc, it's all speculation. Until the consortium show their hand, the takeover isn't happening. This latest release from Ashley means nothing, other than the takeover is now officially rejected.

Again, I ask, can someone please show me evidence of the Southampton takeover being rejected and appealed please?