Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

It's a nice P.R. piece, if nothing else. Substantively, though, I have doubts that a supporters group would be found to have standing to pursue an anti-trust case here (i.e., how has the Consortium Supporters group been harmed?). And somebody else being behind it wouldn't solve that problem if they're not going to step up and be a party. Not hating on it, though--somebody has put some effort and money into it, so hopefully it helps.

Customers are able to engage in legal action if it affects their costs or the quality of the product.

this is why it is fan led.  I think it can be forced through faster this way.

So whilst this is all very interesting, we're a loooong way from "make some room in the fridge".

I'd hoped we'd see that the PL's attitude to the deal had changed, something which would indicate there was a real chance of this going through. Instead the PL seem still opposed to it and determined not to let it through, and so whilst like all of us I hope this is eventually works out in our favour, nothing has fundamentally changed. :(

The same guy who said the statement was coming said it might be a few weeks until completion. The statement (of sorts) has arrived, so why would you choose ignore the rest of what he’s said?

Because

A) it's infinitely easier to predict when a statement will be released (Something you are entirely in control of) than to predict when a legal case will be resolved in your favour (Something which you are absolutely NOT in control of at all)

B) Because I refuse to get overly excited about literally anything anymore, until it's actually finished, because it's just not good for my mental health

But mainly A). The PL have a say in this too, and as we've already seen they can drag things out, obfuscate, and cause enough problems that the other side - who've according to Mimms himself already put a deadline on this being resolved - just walk away bored shitless.

I hope as much as anyone that this happens, but unless it does I shall continue to assume it will not. And that's not entirely without good reason.

how is it breaching anti-competition laws? thats a big claim to make and you'd want to have some serious evidence to back it up or if it ends in court any judge would just dismiss it out of hand

I think I'll leave the answer to that in the hands of the multi million pound lawyers that Ashley has employed.

They must know what they are doing... mustn't they? :lol:

It's a nice P.R. piece, if nothing else. Substantively, though, I have doubts that a supporters group would be found to have standing to pursue an anti-trust case here (i.e., how has the Consortium Supporters group been harmed?). And somebody else being behind it wouldn't solve that problem if they're not going to step up and be a party. Not hating on it, though--somebody has put some effort and money into it, so hopefully it helps.

Customers are able to engage in legal action if it affects their costs or the quality of the product.

this is why it is fan led.  I think it can be forced through faster this way.

Wonder if its something to do with the statement last night about the PL charging fans 14.95 and Ashley not agreeing with it. No idea how you can relate the two regarding our takeover but it's just so random for Ashley to say that and today we get this.

I assume many of you have taken the time to read the 9 page document. It's quite damning and an excellent read. Can only assume the legal team assisting MA have had a hand in providing evidence through case law examples, etc to the author of it.

Gracias Mimms.

On the one hand it would be hilarious beyond words if this was a desperate hail mary attempt. On the other hand I don't think they'd go all in if it didn't actually seem likely.

If Aaron Rodgers was hoying it up we'd be alright  :lol:

So Mimms has been correct again?

the only people in denial about mimms at this point are penn and the luke edwards anime pillow he sleeps with.

I know he's an absolute freak and a fucking weirdo but why would he sleep with an anime pillow of himself?

Progress I mentioned is due to a different direction that the lawyers have explored/exploited.

O0

The good holes in De Marco’s bread were definitely loopholes like

Champion. Now we can get behind the kind of people that exploit loopholes that shouldn't exist. As well as the Saudi government.

Mimms, Ando and Money Mike Ashley (yes, genuinely) are the three real ITKs here.

Someone might have pointed this out before but Money Mike Ashley follows only one on twitter; a PR agency called KBA (Keith Bishop Association). Under their clients they list both Newcastle United and Sports Direct: https://www.kbapr.com/clients/

:whistle:

In fact, a lot of the brands listed are owned by Mike Ashely (Frasers Group).

How I wish I was this far behind.

Imagine what he is going to be like when he finally gets to 2020...

Progress I mentioned is due to a different direction that the lawyers have explored/exploited.

O0

The good holes in De Marco’s bread were definitely loopholes like

I didn't think there was anything into his latest bread servings. Turns out, and reading back his captions, he did have something cryptic in it.

So Mimms has been correct again?

the only people in denial about mimms at this point are penn and the luke edwards anime pillow he sleeps with.

I know he's an absolute freak and a fucking weirdo but why would he sleep with an anime pillow of himself?

To quote an old maxim, "the Penn is shitier than the board"

And given how shite the board actually is, that's some going.