Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

:'(

Its an absolute mess like.

I still think there is and always has been serious problems with the bid that simply haven't been addressed. There is no reason for the PL to not want more investment in one of their member clubs. More money, better players, a bigger club, a better product. Its totally counter intuitive for the PL to not want the takeover. The PL answer to their shareholders and ultimately a Saudi back NUFC would improve their product. There simply has to be serious issues with the bid or bidders.

I don't buy that they're corrupt/in Qatar or the Big Sixes pocket either. For what reason? It would be cutting off their nose in spite of their face.

As for NUFC fan related social media, its packed with absolute f***ing chancers that care more about their content than the actual club. A lot of them would be happily to seriously mislead fans for a few extra subscribers or followers (I'm including journalists in that too). Mike Ashley could do whatever the f*** he likes and some of them would produce some award winning mental gymnastics to justify going to the match or buying from the club so they keep running their stupid accounts or barely listened to podcasts.

What are you on?  Have you just woke up from a 6 months coma, The Takeover, the big 6 project......Aye the Pl are Snow White. If PIF etc haven't provided what they need, then make a decision and say rejected because of x, y and z.  Don't f***ing hide behind 'no decision has been made'. 

But how do you know the decision process is even structured like that? It could be a case of 'until you provide us with proof of X, Y and Z we can't approve the takeover'. 'We'll approve it when you provide this and that'. Therefore its not a formal rejection, its a case of the PL being willing if certain requirements are met, which as of yet haven't.

Even if the approval process was on a Accept/Reject spectrum, rejecting it could terminate any legal/administrative progress that has been made up to that point. They bidders would essentially have to start the entire process at all.

I can't see a logical reason as to why the PL wouldnt be in favour of a takeover if it met certain requirements. It goes completely again their interests.

Are you on the wind up ? If you can’t see a logical reason I f***ing despair.

Well howay then oracle. Explain to me why it makes any sort of business sense for the PL to block more income and growth in the league and why they haven't done it before?

An answer that consists of more than 'muh corruption' or pasting the f***ing tweets of known lunatic Burnsie into the thread if possible..

What is your definition of the PL ? You do realise it consists of 20 stakeholders of which 6 are clearly calling the shots. Masters and Hoffman have been hand picked by clubs within top 6 to carry out their agenda, once they cease to do this they will be gone.

You don’t seem to accept there’s corruption despite the revelations of the past couple of weeks ? Why would the top 6 want to allow another club to threaten their income , it’s akin to turkeys voting for xmas.

Also who do you believe within the PL wants the income or growth from this takeover Masters, Fenway, Levy ? I’ll tell you who no one.

I actually think a twitter lunatic might have a better grasp on this than yourself to be honest.

I still think there is and always has been serious problems with the bid that simply haven't been addressed. There is no reason for the PL to not want more investment in one of their member clubs. More money, better players, a bigger club, a better product. Its totally counter intuitive for the PL to not want the takeover. The PL answer to their shareholders and ultimately a Saudi back NUFC would improve their product. There simply has to be serious issues with the bid or bidders.

I don't buy that they're corrupt/in Qatar or the Big Sixes pocket either. For what reason? It would be cutting off their nose in spite of their face.

As for NUFC fan related social media, its packed with absolute fucking chancers that care more about their content than the actual club. A lot of them would be happily to seriously mislead fans for a few extra subscribers or followers (I'm including journalists in that too). Mike Ashley could do whatever the fuck he likes and some of them would produce some award winning mental gymnastics to justify going to the match or buying from the club so they keep running their stupid accounts or barely listened to podcasts.

Best and most accurate post on here for donkeys.

Except for the fact it’s proven the PL only answer to the Big 6, and not heir shareholders, given all the secret meetings and communications that have occurred recently. Hardly most accurate post at all.

As for NUFC fan related social media, its packed with absolute f***ing chancers that care more about their content than the actual club. A lot of them would be happily to seriously mislead fans for a few extra subscribers or followers (I'm including journalists in that too). Mike Ashley could do whatever the f*** he likes and some of them would produce some award winning mental gymnastics to justify going to the match or buying from the club so they keep running their stupid accounts or barely listened to podcasts.

Best and most accurate post on here for donkeys.

Except for the fact it’s proven the PL only answer to the Big 6, and not heir shareholders, given all the secret meetings and communications that have occurred recently. Hardly most accurate post at all.

It seems certain people who mocked posters for saying the takeover wasn’t dead, and claimed calls of corruption made us look stupid still exist. Despite mounting evidence of corruption, clandestine meetings to even think our takeover has been handled fairly and correctly, you’d have to be so naive I’d fear for your safety in everyday life.

Most naive post of the year right here.

I think its perhaps a mixture of the PL really trying to make it as difficult as possible on behalf of those who would like to see the takeover fail and our consortium being very selective with the information they want to give, especially in regards to the Saudi's.

All clubs do man (well ok, clubs like Burnley might not), but it's always a fight between the attention seekers to fight over who is the biggest Supafan. Social media has given these morons a platform. Wraith, to his credit, actually involves himself in other activities, but he was the original.

Most naive post of the year right here.

I agree. He’s right about social media though. I mean, look at True Geordie, remember all those passionate ranting videos about how shit we were, or singling out players for not giving a fuck.

Then just over the summer in his fancy new studio he says “I wouldn’t be the biggest supporter of nufc..”

They are all self serving arseholes and I include the go to journalists in that too.

All clubs do man (well ok, clubs like Burnley might not), but it's always a fight between the attention seekers to fight over who is the biggest Supafan. Social media has given these morons a platform. Wraith, to his credit, actually involves himself in other activities, but he was the original.

I don’t know, I mean I don’t see this from say Tottenham or Chelsea. Also depends how you define attention seeking.

Feels like it’s fading into nothingness. Especially with new kit supplier being balls deep in Ashley

Yeah this has disheartened me quite a bit. I do believe there’s mileage left in the takeover but get the feeling they’ll run out of time/interest

Feels like it’s fading into nothingness. Especially with new kit supplier being balls deep in Ashley

Yeah this has disheartened me quite a bit. I do believe there’s mileage left in the takeover but get the feeling they’ll run out of time/interest

How are they balls deep in Ashley. He doesn’t invest in them. But there was a interview in the Mail about the Rangers kit deal and they did mention they had investment from one of the richest people in the UK. Ruebens????

How are they balls deep in Ashley. He doesn’t invest in them. But there was a interview in the Mail about the Rangers kit deal and they did mention they had investment from one of the richest people in the UK. Ruebens????

I’d be very surprised if he isn’t involved in some way. Funny how easily rangers got free of Ashley’s hold over their kit deal and immediately sign with castore who apparently had an exclusive deal to sell in sports direct which they had to quickly backtrack on. It’s an incredible coincidence the only two football clubs castore has a kit deal with are the two clubs Ashley had his grubby mitts in

From a rangers fan website

The Ibrox support was left incensed when a trolling Facebook post on Sports Direct’s official account claimed to be “exclusively” selling the kit from August 1st.

The kit has now appeared online in another Ashley-owned High Street store, House of Fraser.

Honestly don’t think there’s been anywhere near enough outrage over this new kit deal. I mean we’re leaving a more lucrative deal for a less lucrative one. It’s a clear, swindle. Another sad example of how terrible our local journalists are.

We've just had probably the busiest week on the takeover front for months, our resident ITK has gone from cautious 'it's moving in the right direction but is a long way off' updates to basically saying it'll be done in a few weeks time. MMA has said he's been told to stay quiet at this stage and Mimms seems to have gone quiet, suggesting the same for them or their source.

All of that indicates that there is currently a lot going on behind the scenes and the takeover is at a critical stage. Give it a few weeks at least before concluding that it's fading into nothingness.

Guest neesy111

Honestly don’t think there’s been anywhere near enough outrage over this new kit deal. I mean we’re leaving a more lucrative deal for a less lucrative one. It’s a clear, swindle. Another sad example of how terrible our local journalists are.

Puma might not be offering a new deal etc.  This year was only an extension.