Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

There is no takeover . Stop dreaming

Never dream.

What an inspirational speech.

If only MLK said I don’t have a dream instead...

I met MLK here in Newcastle on 13th November 1967.

He made the people around him realise that the ONLY way to prosper was to dream forcefully and to achieve those dreams by influencing others and working hard to succeed.

I may not be able to influence the outcome of this takeover, but I hope I may have influenced a few on here to dream!

I have tried.

Never dream.

He made the people around him realise that the ONLY way to prosper was to dream forcefully and to achieve those dreams by influencing others and working hard to succeed.

I may not be able to influence the outcome of this takeover, but I hope I may have influenced a few on here to dream!

I have tried.

When you say met, and given your optimistic outlook, do you mean like I've met Alan Shearer loads of times at St James Park?

Never dream.

I have tried.

When you say met, and given your optimistic outlook, do you mean like I've met Alan Shearer loads of times at St James Park?

I would not have said what I said if that was the case.

On 13th November 1967 he received his Honorary Degree at Newcastle University (the only UK University to give him that award during his lifetime) and he visited the house I lived in with my parents in the morning before the ceremonly.

My parents spent a lot of time with him and I was introduced to him.

He was inspiring that day and continued to be so thereafter.

Sadly, he was assassinated only 5 months later, but that November day in 1967 did have a noticeable impact on me.

Guest Howaythetoon

Nice story Manorpark and you keep believing my man, optimism and hope is a great thing even if it doesn’t always deliver :thup:

This takeover will happen!

You know this thing about the "top 6"? I dont really get it when it comes to some of the teams. If I use Tottenham as my key example, they havent always been at the top of the table during our PL history so all that should happen is we replace them as part of this top 6. Man city were up and down until they got a sheikh. So what is the big deal with us being up amongst the contenders? It cant be a North/South thing as Liverpool and the two mancs are from the north west so what's the problem with us? Why are we specifically not allowed nice things?

Because it’s a threat to their business models and dilutes the playing field even further. Another team competing with them means that one of them might miss out on Europe completely which will ultimately lead to lower revenues and ultimately profits.

They’ve already had Wolves & Leicester trying to gatecrash over the last couple of years so adding us to the mix makes it even harder for them. Obviously that’s the way it should be, lots of teams competing for the same spots. But, the ‘big 6’ want it to be a closed shop so the risk of losing that revenue is reduced.

It’s weird how this takeover has tied in with a much bigger narrative that could ruin English football altogether (Project Big Picture)

It is not us specifically.

A good analogy would be supermarkets, when I was a kid we had Sainsbury’s, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons/Safeway.

Germans came along and spent a lot on establishing Aldi and Lidl. The big four all lost revenue and profits as a result.

Difference here is that there is no regulator stopping the new supermarkets coming in and disrupting other established businesses. That’s the real issue the PL have created.

I like the supermarket analogy but why would, say, Tesco be bothered if Sainsbury's swapped out with ALdi?

The individual teams surely cannot give a toss who makes them up as long as they are not affected. Why would the PL care?

Just to respond Pons Alias' post that I kind of poopoo'd in my original question; it's cant be "because London" unless my knowledge of geography is massively out of date and the borders of London have expanded to Lancashire  :laugh:

Edit: My bad, i didnt read Pons' post correctly and if I fill in the unsaid part I get it. They wanted another London based team. Sorry!

Never dream.

I have tried.

On 13th November 1967 he received his Honorary Degree at Newcastle University (the only UK University to give him that award during his lifetime) and he visited the house I lived in with my parents in the morning before the ceremonly.

Sadly, he was assassinated only 5 months later, but that November day in 1967 did have a noticeable impact on me.

Class, don't know if you're involved with the Uni at all but, if not, there's a statue of him on campus now.

Never dream.

I have tried.

Class, don't know if you're involved with the Uni at all but, if not, there's a statue of him on campus now.

Oh yes, the unveiling was all part of "Newcastle Freedom City 2017" . . .

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/press/articles/archive/2017/11/martinlutherkingstatueunveiled/