Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Is the Saudis involvement (or supposed lack of) been Sean/Penn/IMTTS's main bone of contention? It's as clear as day that they're still waiting in the wings, imo. No smoke without fire and there's a shitload of smoke.

Why do you believe this is the case?

I can't see any evidence whatsoever that the Saudis are still at the table.

Ashley is pursuing a restraint of trade case against the Premier League, and arbitration is a precursor he has to indulge before going to court.

None of this either requires or suggests the involvement of the Saudis.

Is the Saudis involvement (or supposed lack of) been Sean/Penn/IMTTS's main bone of contention? It's as clear as day that they're still waiting in the wings, imo. No smoke without fire and there's a shitload of smoke.

Ashley is pursuing a restraint of trade case against the Premier League, and arbitration is a precursor he has to indulge before going to court.

:lol:

The takeover could go thru and this clown would still say they had walked away for good. Dunno why anyone takes notice of anything he posts

The Athletic claim they are as interested as ever if you want an actual source.

What happened to Mauriss? or redbird capital? Do you ever reply?

Genuine question. Why should we believe anything you say over what local journalists are saying.

Genuinely, if you have information that proves your line of thinking, i'd like to hear it.

I must be honest - I'm extremely sceptical of the quality of Chris Waugh's sources at the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia. You must have a lot more faith in local football journalists than I do. Horses for courses!

Are the PL able to reject arbitration? If not, how long would the process be likely to take, are we talking months or years here?

Didnt they already offer independent arbitration that would have taken 2 years or so?

The PL can't reject arbitration -- it's the dispute resolution forum called for in the EPL rules. I don't remember whether any particular timelines are spelled out in the rules, though.

I must be honest - I'm extremely sceptical of the quality of Chris Waugh's sources at the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia. You must have a lot more faith in local football journalists than I do. Horses for courses!

Do you not class yourself as local then? Very clever wording that.

Are the PIF the only people buying the club ?

I think he wants the head of PIF to give him a call and let him know. 🤦🏻

O0

The Reuben brothers and Amanda Staveley were also intending to take minority shares. More info here mate if you need it -> https://www.ft.com/content/17856b31-cfbd-4004-8b48-195d45f5bad2

The Reuben brothers and Amanda Staveley were also intending to take minority shares. More info here mate if you need it -> https://www.ft.com/content/17856b31-cfbd-4004-8b48-195d45f5bad2

:lol: I had heard a whisper about their involvement.

Just wondered why you referenced the PIF being the location of Chris Waugh's source

Seeking arbitration is again just part of the legal game I think. I can’t imagine the club/ consortium think it will succeed. Arbitration might be the end goal but I think it’s more likely it’s part of a wider legal challenge to show that they tried arbitration in good faith but if that fails then they have tried everything prior to taking it through the courts. In the hope then that the PL would rather just pass it than go to court and face disclosing their dodgy doings.

Seems to be a massive game of brinkmanship this. High stakes on both sides.

I wonder how involved Qatar and the Project Big Bollocks members are at this point.

This point? :lol:

They've been involved since the start.

I know that. But I wonder if Fenway and Masters are still frantically pinging the texts back and forth, or are they now having to back off, what with our whole legal case being built around their involvement?

I can picture the scene. Masters picks up the phone in front of the arbitration panel. "Hi Chris, it's Dick... yeah... sorry mate, I'm gonna have to let you go.... I know, but what you've done is unacceptable and..."

"The time sponsored by Accurist is..."