Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I wonder how involved Qatar and the Project Big Bollocks members are at this point.

This point? :lol:

They've been involved since the start.

I know that. But I wonder if Fenway and Masters are still frantically pinging the texts back and forth, or are they now having to back off, what with our whole legal case being built around their involvement?

I can picture the scene. Masters picks up the phone in front of the arbitration panel. "Hi Chris, it's Dick... yeah... sorry mate, I'm gonna have to let you go.... I know, but what you've done is unacceptable and..."

"The time sponsored by Accurist is..."

Yeah, sorry, I shouldn't have lol'd. Wasn't meant to be at you personally.

It's a fair question. There must be some interesting conversations going on at the moment on burner phones.

Didn’t someone come out claiming they were behind the account?

More than one did that...

Aye if I remember right, Puke Edwards had threatened to out the person behind the account, and then the account claimed something legal had happened and they had to stop tweeting (or something), and then there seemed to be a bit of a 'Spartacus' moment on Twitter with loads of account posting the same 'Its me' message.

So NUFC confirm they are undertaking legal proceedings, but haven't confirmed on what grounds?

It's been widely reported that the only issue is whether the KSA / MbS should be disclosed as a director, so that's very likely to be the only issue they're arbitrating on.

So NUFC confirm they are undertaking legal proceedings, but haven't confirmed on what grounds?

It's been widely reported that the only issue is whether the KSA / MbS should be disclosed as a director, so that's very likely to be the only issue they're arbitrating on.

Do you think they’ll get arbitration on the whole deal and not the single issue of MBS/govt. After rejecting arbitration on the single point it would seem that’s what they’ll be aiming for.

I still think a major point in our favour is the PL’s own rule book, which correct me if I’m wrong directed them to reject deal if all information wasn’t provided, as opposed to kicking into long grass ?

The Money Mike Ashley account went into radio-silence back on 30th Oct...just saying...

What’s the significance of 30th October?

I think he was suggesting that Money Mike's disappearance may have coincided with the inception of the legal proceedings, which would put us close to three weeks in.

I need my Mimms[/member]

Yeah, just theorised it hints at a possible timeline.

Assuming MMA shut up because of impending legal action, that might indicate a rough start date for this kicking off...PL rules are that both sides then have 14 days to each appoint arbitrator, another 14 days to appoint a 3rd arbitrator (the chair), another 14 days for directions of conduct, and the chair then sets a date for the tribunal.

So, we're possibly quite far into that process.  Would assume PL are dragging it out, given the latest NUFC statement.

Yeah, just theorised it hints at a possible timeline.

Assuming MMA shut up because of impending legal action, that might indicate a rough start date for this kicking off...PL rules are that both sides then have 14 days to each appoint arbitrator, another 14 days to appoint a 3rd arbitrator (the chair), another 14 days for directions of conduct, and the chair then sets a date for the tribunal.

So, we're possibly quite far into that process.  Would assume PL are dragging it out, given the latest NUFC statement.

Aye, the "because of the way Bird & Bird are proceeding" line makes it sound as if they're being right awkward gits. I wonder if this will effect us in the future. They might hold a perma-grudge against us and go through Mbappe and De Bruyne's paper work with the finest of fine combs to try and catch us out.

It's significant that the PL held up the takeover by offering arbitration which some say could take up to two years to resolve, by which time the "Big 6" would have grabbed power and would then veto our takeover.  It's so obvious that was the reason behind the delaying tactics.

“Nevertheless, the club will continue to use its best efforts to press for a fair, full and timely hearing of its claim.” Any such process would require pre-hearing disclosure from both parties and sources close to the failed deal suspect the Premier League is anxious to avoid the need to make such revelations.

Given that PIF had pledged to invest hundreds of millions of pounds in regenerating the north-east and are believed to remain committed to the idea of buying Newcastle, the government is understood to harbour hope that the takeover can be resurrected. Indeed high-level intermediaries are believed to be engaged in on-going efforts to negotiate a compromise."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/19/mike-ashley-steps-up-legal-pressure-over-failed-saudi-takeover-of-newcastle?CMP=share_btn_tw

“Nevertheless, the club will continue to use its best efforts to press for a fair, full and timely hearing of its claim.” Any such process would require pre-hearing disclosure from both parties and sources close to the failed deal suspect the Premier League is anxious to avoid the need to make such revelations.

Given that PIF had pledged to invest hundreds of millions of pounds in regenerating the north-east and are believed to remain committed to the idea of buying Newcastle, the government is understood to harbour hope that the takeover can be resurrected. Indeed high-level intermediaries are believed to be engaged in on-going efforts to negotiate a compromise."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/19/mike-ashley-steps-up-legal-pressure-over-failed-saudi-takeover-of-newcastle?CMP=share_btn_tw

Interesting. But please dont let this start to play out in the media again.

Looking at that though, it looks like new year could be when the case is heard.

Interesting. But please dont let this start to play out in the media again.

Looking at that though, it looks like new year could be when the case is heard.

Nah you missed the killer line - 'Any such process would require pre-hearing disclosure from both parties and sources close to the failed deal suspect the Premier League is anxious to avoid the need to make such revelations.  So according to the PL handbook, both sides have 14 days to assign people, and then another 14 days for chair and then 14 days to disclose info.  If PL don't want to disclose this could be done and dusted in time for Jan transfer window  :drool: