Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Having seen some of the pics in the media of that shithole of a training ground has reinforced how desperate we are to get rid of this fat cunt.

It’s lower Champo levels. Complete dive.

That’s generous, it looks worse than the school sports ground where I play 7 a-side.

Newcastle Consortium Supporters

·

1h

Well done NUST’s Greg Tomlinson joining fans demanding answers from govt & Richard Masters! Well done to

@ChronicleNUFC

for blowing more holes in a fictional fairytale! UNITED as a fanbase demanding transparency and expedition! Black #NUFC #NUFCTakeover

Hatrick of posts reply from Alan Campbell.

Good morning

Thank you for contacting me regarding Newcastle United, the failed takeover bid and the actions of the EPL.

I do share your concerns about this matter, in particular ‘Project Big Picture’, which could see the Premier League reduced by two teams, more power given to the 'big six' clubs and the League Cup and Community Shield abolished.

As you may be aware last year the Government promised to set up a fan-led review of football governance, which will include the owners’ and directors’ test. I believe the Government needs to get started on this review as soon as possible, so we can deliver a governance structure for football that is modern, accountable and above all, puts fans at the heart of their clubs. As part of this review, I believe it will be important to consider who should be able to own a football club, as well as what information ought to be in the public domain regarding ownership, finance and structure.

With specific regard to NUFC and the NCSL action, again I share your concerns.  I have recently written as requested to the CEO of the EPL and the Sports Minister to raise your concerns and I will of course contact you again upon receiving a response.

Best wishes

Alan 

Sent on behalf of Alan Campbell MP

Sounds like these meetings between PL and govt might be another angle of attack in any legal action.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mps-nust-call-further-newcastle-19395579

It seems Nick de Marco is rallying every option available to put pressure on the premier league. The Chronicle, the fans (NCSL), MP's, himself and whoever else...

Sounds like these meetings between PL and govt might be another angle of attack in any legal action.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mps-nust-call-further-newcastle-19395579

It seems Nick de Marco is rallying every option available to put pressure on the premier league. The Chronicle, the fans (NCSL), MP's, himself and whoever else...

What’s really starting to rile me is the fact PL claimed they offered arbitration, however as we all know this was purely a delaying tactic on their part. Now the club wants arbitration I’m presuming on the whole process, there trying to delay and hinder the process by all accounts.

When all parties including the most important people ourselves want this to happen, it fucking stinks to high heaven the lengths they are going to stop it happening.

I’m hoping the NCSL’s next action is to begin legal action, the PL seem to think they can block them doing this but maybe this can be the David v Goliath case that brings it all tumbling down.

I'd love some indication that the PL are wavering because to date, I don't think I've seen or heard of anything that suggests that they are struggling to fight us off.

100%

This is all just noise! PL don't seem rattled all and feel very comfortable with their case.

The positivity has 100% left the building.

I'd love some indication that the PL are wavering because to date, I don't think I've seen or heard of anything that suggests that they are struggling to fight us off.

100%

This is all just noise! PL don't seem rattled all and feel very comfortable with their case.

Was never in your building

Can you just spout trolling shite in the USA thread instead

What’s really starting to rile me is the fact PL claimed they offered arbitration, however as we all know this was purely a delaying tactic on their part. Now the club wants arbitration I’m presuming on the whole process, there trying to delay and hinder the process by all accounts.

When all parties including the most important people ourselves want this to happen, it fucking stinks to high heaven the lengths they are going to stop it happening.

I’m hoping the NCSL’s next action is to begin legal action, the PL seem to think they can block them doing this but maybe this can be the David v Goliath case that brings it all tumbling down.

I've said that for a while now, the lengths the premier league are going to to prevent this happening makes the whole thing completely stink. Over to you Nick de Marco. Do your thing on these corrupt bastards...

100%

I'm not trying to look at it from a negative standpoint to be honest.

I would just love to know that the effort that everyone from the buying side is putting in, is having some effect.

100%

I'm not trying to look at it from a negative standpoint to be honest.

I would just love to know that the effort that everyone from the buying side is putting in, is having some effect.

Just to play devils advocate would the PL trying to now obstruct the arbitration process not suggest they’re not 100% confident in their position.

I still maintain if the PL were that confident they would have rejected deal instead of just delaying and kicking it down the road.

To be honest I think we all need (well, I do) to see the legal action starting before feeling positive. All this attack from all angles seems a bit desperate from people supposedly confident in their case.

Let’s see tomorrow if there’s something from NCSL on this, the PL said they couldn’t afford legal action. If mimms was right and the buyers are funding them they might get a nasty shock.

Considering that we only announced legal proceedings after the Premier League accidentally let slip, I've no issues with no information coming out. I expect almost all of this to go on behind closed doors and not be a media circus like it was in the first half of the year

Ironic really but I do wonder if the PL would have passed this if there was zero public knowledge.

I mean the PL themselves would surely want the money and razzmatazz that comes with rich owners in their product/business.

It's just when the big 6 caught wind of it, the pressure and threats from them (and Bein) was too much for the PL.

Either way, all the back handers and secrecy needs exposing.

Ironic really but I do wonder if the PL would have passed this if there was zero public knowledge.

I mean the PL themselves would surely want the money and razzmatazz that comes with rich owners in their product/business.

It's just when the big 6 caught wind of it, the pressure and threats from them (and Bein) was too much for the PL.

Either way, all the back handers and secrecy needs exposing.

The trouble now is I’m struggling with what the PL actually is, who would want this razzmatazz ? If you consider the PL is 20 stakeholders, who out of the 19 clubs wants us to be filthy rich, and ambitious ?

Would the PL board want us to be successful, if they were truly interested in the growth of the league then you would say yes. However, the top 6 seem to hold all the power and make no mistake Masters and Hoffman are aware who put them in place. I would say at this point it’s clear Fenway, Woodward, Levy and Bruce Buck at Chelsea are running the show.

Therefore, I just can’t see where we have any allies within the PL for this takeover, hence why anti competition rules are clearly being breached and an independent body should be appointed to deal with ownership.

100%

Yes, I think the Premier League will sound 100% positive and comfortable with their case . . . right up until the minute - the very minute - that the whole thing collapses around their corrupt arses.

Now, that can be in court, or it can be out of court - but it is absolutely inevitable.

BOY it will be enjoyable for us all.

I genuinely hope all of this comes off on behalf of a friend and season ticket holder who passed away today after 38 years as a season ticket holder. He hated Bruce and was banned from Twitter through hairy hands. His life was the hope that NUFC pushes but rarely delivers

I genuinely hope all of this comes off on behalf of a friend and season ticket holder who passed away today after 38 years as a season ticket holder. He hated Bruce and was banned from Twitter through hairy hands. His life was the hope that NUFC pushes but rarely delivers

:(

Sorry to hear that.

Sorry for your loss mate

I missed this - he was a great lad - awful news :'(