Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Twitter is such a massive dick measuring contest.

“I’m a better fan, I’ve got a season ticket”

“I’m a better fan, I lick Ashley’s hoop”

“I’m a better fan, I’ve emailed my MP”

“I’m a better fan, I’ve spent money on a QC”

Just fuck off. If you’ve done your bit, great. But it doesn’t need you shouting about it from the rooftops and having a sense of entitlement above anyone else.

All of this “x has done this, what have you done?” is a total load of bollocks.

If you support Newcastle, you’re entitled to support them in whatever way you wish. Some people (who might not have £50k sitting under the sofa) might think they are doing their bit by allowing it to take it’s natural course. That’s just as good as throwing money at a QC.

Whitley Mag, do you think his way of interacting on Twitter is a nice or good way of doing it? Completely unnecessary s**** if you ask me, a lot of it.

I think he’s a old timer who is completely alien to social media. However, he’s also a very successful businessman who is genuinely trying to help achieve this takeover. His role is not by chance and he has succeeded in needling the PL, if arbitration fails don’t be surprised if the next step is the anti competition case which the PL have successfully parked behind arbitration for now.

I can understand an old timer not quite knowing how to use Twitter, but I'd like to think an old timer would know how to behave better, no? Most of all, be wiser than many idiots on Twitter.

I honestly think this has all stemmed from the wor fund episode, from what I can see on twitter a lot of the people replying to him basically accused him of being part of a scam.

Since then it’s spiralled and though he is certainly not pc all the time, I can see why he want’s to have a go back. Now some of you lot may be more schooled in social media, and he has committed some school boy errors, however if someone came up to him in a bar and accused him, or spoke to him like some of these people have done, he’d probably launch the cunts.

Do I think he shouldn’t get involved ? Yes i do, but in his mindset he is taking this action on his own behalf and is simply keeping fans updated.

As for the Caulkin article I can only assume he is referring to comments re the buyers confidence and Caulkin now showing scepticism. However, the fact he riled Edwards today is a bonus in my eyes.

I get he’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but in my eyes anyone spending huge sums of money and time to help us deserves some slack.

Whitley Mag, do you think his way of interacting on Twitter is a nice or good way of doing it? Completely unnecessary s**** if you ask me, a lot of it.

I think he’s a old timer who is completely alien to social media. However, he’s also a very successful businessman who is genuinely trying to help achieve this takeover. His role is not by chance and he has succeeded in needling the PL, if arbitration fails don’t be surprised if the next step is the anti competition case which the PL have successfully parked behind arbitration for now.

I can understand an old timer not quite knowing how to use Twitter, but I'd like to think an old timer would know how to behave better, no? Most of all, be wiser than many idiots on Twitter.

I honestly think this has all stemmed from the wor fund episode, from what I can see on twitter a lot of the people replying to him basically accused him of being part of a scam.

Been there, and the more he mentions that fund, the more he’ll be accused of trying to con the fans.

Waiting for whitley mag (Keith) to come on and start weirdly defending himself while telling others that at least Keith (himself) is doing something about the takeover.

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's funny because it's true.

Oddly enough I’m not sure where Keith is coming from with the claims re Caulkin.

However, you’re absolutely correct he’s done far more in relation to this takeover than either of yourselves.

Has?

I know for fine fact that there is fans on here who have spoken to Staveley about buying the club, both recently when they bid fell apart, and a few years ago when she was interested and even when her initial bid fell away.

I know theirs fans on here who put the pressure on Ashley to sell up. Some people have had legal action taken against them by Ashley for simply protesting. Other have risked their careers. Loads of people have risked their jobs. Others have put in a lot of money.

Going on Twitter and telling the people on there that they did f*** all to help the takeover is fine and absolutely spot on. Don’t you f***ing dare come on here and say it though.

Sorry mate I forgot you we’re her pen pal, I’d hesitate to guess you haven’t put 50k plus in either. You’re paranoid gibberish about him being Wraith’s front man is laughable.

I’m not on about me here, let’s get that straight.

I’m on about the likes of Greg who helped with the Magpie group. Came up from London after work to help organise fans meetings on evenings before heading straight back down. Joined NUST, got lawyers involved to try and prevent the land at the Gallowgate being developed which would block off any expansion of the Gallowgate.

Yorkie who came up from York on his evenings to do so much.

HTT who helped fund fans campaigns.

There is people on here who got in touch with the likes of Arthur Blank to see if he would buy the club, Mark Cuban, amongst others.

Members who have had lawyers taking action against them because they so much as had Ashley’s face on protest materials. Other members who have had Charnley call the police on him because he looked like he could be aggressive when he dropped off two old ladies outside his house who delivered a letter.

Other members who risked their job for being in protests and their organisation because it’s classed as political.

Now I’ve said Keith is to be thanked for what he’s done. I’ve seen how people turn on you when you start something. I’ve not knocked him for his attempts and I won’t, and if I saw him in the street I’d thank him myself. But I’d also advise him to stay out of Twitter debates. If people want to have a go at you, let them, because as soon as you react they bring you down to their level you lose credibility. This is what’s happening with him now. He’s best off just keeping it to factual statements, and I think he knows that because that was what he said he would change just a few weeks ago.

There are people on here just like him who have done so much and who have been slated time and time again.

You want to have a go at people, have a go at the likes of that Toon Polls kid who was skating the Magpie group for their efforts, then pointing out the Keegan flag to the stewards so they could confiscate it, then recently taking credit for someone else’s idea of a form of protest against the PPTV games.

I like the way you broadened you’re response to incorporate other members, I notice you didn’t mention the 2 I directed my post at though.

However, that’s bye the bye and I’m not going to get involved in a tit for tat. What I will say though is I support anyone who spends their own time trying to improve the state of this club. Certainly the members you mention and their actions, I wouldn’t dream of criticising.

Though I had a cheap shot at yourself in relation to you’re letter to Staveley, I actually think that’s great and I’ve written many letters myself in relation to this takeover.

See my other post for my thoughts on the way he is presenting.

Doing nothing is just as good as spending £40k of your personal money and taking a year out from your job? Heard it all now. Reminds me of some of the excuses for not boycotting one game :lol:

£40k to one man can be the equivalent of 20p to another. Not everyone has money/time to throw around speculatively.

Who’s to say his rancid Twitter posts and ramblings to the PL aren’t actually causing harm? In that case, doing nothing is just as good.

Your opinion on what is ‘better’ is simply that, an opinion. Every supporter of the club is entitled to their own which is why I think the dick measuring is pathetic.

I think it's great what he's doing, awesome that he's invested so much time and money into trying to bring about change and he should get plaudits for that, totally, bloke should never have to buy a season ticket or beer again if he helps it get passed.

That doesn't give him Carte Blanche to come out swinging at anyone he disagrees with though, he has no decorum about him and I've defended him in the past plenty of times because I'm sure it can't be easy to get pelters by some of our support. But when you start to talk to GC like he's just another Twitter troll then you need to take a step back. Keith seems like a nice bloke but he's starting to lose credibility amongst the fans with his Twitter outbursts and needs to wind his neck in a bit, he doesn't owe everyone an answer and he doesn't need to make an enemy of everyone that doesn't agree with him 100%

I think it's great what he's doing, awesome that he's invested so much time and money into trying to bring about change and he should get plaudits for that, totally, bloke should never have to buy a season ticket or beer again if he helps it get passed.

That doesn't give him Carte Blanche to come out swinging at anyone he disagrees with though, he has no decorum about him and I've defended him in the past plenty of times because I'm sure it can't be easy to get pelters by some of our support. But when you start to talk to GC like he's just another Twitter troll then you need to take a step back. Keith seems like a nice bloke but he's starting to lose credibility amongst the fans with his Twitter outbursts and needs to wind his neck in a bit, he doesn't owe everyone an answer and he doesn't need to make an enemy of everyone that doesn't agree with him 100%

I think that’s a very fair post and whilst I think some of the people who have attacked him deserved a comeback, maybe a bunker mentality has now set in and he’s become overly sensitive to criticism.

Well, the truth of it all right there.

Waiting for whitley mag (Keith) to come on and start weirdly defending himself while telling others that at least Keith (himself) is doing something about the takeover.

Oddly enough I’m not sure where Keith is coming from with the claims re Caulkin.

However, you’re absolutely correct he’s done far more in relation to this takeover than either of yourselves.

Has?

I know for fine fact that there is fans on here who have spoken to Staveley about buying the club, both recently when they bid fell apart, and a few years ago when she was interested and even when her initial bid fell away.

I know theirs fans on here who put the pressure on Ashley to sell up. Some people have had legal action taken against them by Ashley for simply protesting. Other have risked their careers. Loads of people have risked their jobs. Others have put in a lot of money.

Going on Twitter and telling the people on there that they did f*** all to help the takeover is fine and absolutely spot on. Don’t you f***ing dare come on here and say it though.

Sorry mate I forgot you we’re her pen pal, I’d hesitate to guess you haven’t put 50k plus in either. You’re paranoid gibberish about him being Wraith’s front man is laughable.

I’m on about the likes of Greg who helped with the Magpie group. Came up from London after work to help organise fans meetings on evenings before heading straight back down. Joined NUST, got lawyers involved to try and prevent the land at the Gallowgate being developed which would block off any expansion of the Gallowgate.

There is people on here who got in touch with the likes of Arthur Blank to see if he would buy the club, Mark Cuban, amongst others.

Members who have had lawyers taking action against them because they so much as had Ashley’s face on protest materials. Other members who have had Charnley call the police on him because he looked like he could be aggressive when he dropped off two old ladies outside his house who delivered a letter.

Other members who risked their job for being in protests and their organisation because it’s classed as political.

Now I’ve said Keith is to be thanked for what he’s done. I’ve seen how people turn on you when you start something. I’ve not knocked him for his attempts and I won’t, and if I saw him in the street I’d thank him myself. But I’d also advise him to stay out of Twitter debates. If people want to have a go at you, let them, because as soon as you react they bring you down to their level you lose credibility. This is what’s happening with him now. He’s best off just keeping it to factual statements, and I think he knows that because that was what he said he would change just a few weeks ago.

There are people on here just like him who have done so much and who have been slated time and time again.

You want to have a go at people, have a go at the likes of that Toon Polls kid who was skating the Magpie group for their efforts, then pointing out the Keegan flag to the stewards so they could confiscate it, then recently taking credit for someone else’s idea of a form of protest against the PPTV games.

I like the way you broadened you’re response to incorporate other members, I notice you didn’t mention the 2 I directed my post at though.

However, that’s bye the bye and I’m not going to get involved in a tit for tat. What I will say though is I support anyone who spends their own time trying to improve the state of this club. Certainly the members you mention and their actions, I wouldn’t dream of criticising.

Though I had a cheap shot at yourself in relation to you’re letter to Staveley, I actually think that’s great and I’ve written many letters myself in relation to this takeover.

All my point was that people on here won’t slate someone for doing something. The only criticism he is getting is about getting into words of wars which many people on here have seen happen to people trying to help the club time and time before and if I’m honest, it’s more of advice to him than anything.

The reason why I’m defensive of people on here is because theirs a lot of people on here who have actually tried to help the club, many more than who I have mentioned. It’s not often known but this place is a hotbed for stuff like that. Name any protest group, or fans groups and you’d likely find that it is individuals on here who have been behind them.

I get defensive because I have seen these people try, I have seen the hope in their eyes disappear, and it hurts me and the only thing they have left is the honour that they have tried and I back them to the hilt when that honour is taken away from them.

I myself have tried, in my own way. I’m not going to blow my own trumpet, lots of people ahead of me were able to put in more time, more money, more creativity than I was able too. I tried my best where I could and I wrote a few letters. I did that because like many on here I’m not one of those people who can sit there and let others do the work, I wear my heart on my sleeve in some sense. Maybe it hasn’t helped me, but I don’t believe doing nothing would have helped either.

I’m not going to get into a word or wars with you or anyone else, all I will say is that a lot of what people are saying is from either first hand experience or witnessing it happen to others.

If Keith is on here then all I’d say is don’t get in a word of wars with people. It’s not worth it, they will bring you down to their level of stupidity, and once there they will beat you with their experience. Keep it professional to the point of updates and at the end of it you’ll have the people who skated you eating their words.

Thought it was?

Nah, the estate agent is Pattinson, this fella is Patterson.

I was thinking  it’s not going to do his estate agent business any good being a total twat on twitter, but it’s not even him 😂

Has?

All my point was that people on here won’t skate someone for doing something. The only criticism he is getting is about getting into words of wars which many people on here have seen happen to people trying to help the club time and time before and if I’m honest, it’s more of advice to him than anything.

The reason why I’m defensive of people on here is because theirs a lot of people on here who have actually tried to help the club, many more than who I have mentioned. It’s not often known but this place is a hotbed for stuff like that. Name any protest group, or fans groups and you’d likely find that it is individuals on here who have been behind them.

I get defensive because I have seen these people try, I have seen the hope in their eyes disappear, and it hurts me and the only thing they have left is the honour that they have tried and I back them to the hilt when that honour is taken away from them.

I myself have tried, in my own way. I’m not going to blow my own trumpet, lots of people ahead of me were able to put in more time, more money, more creativity than I was able too. I tried my best where I could and I wrote a few letters. I did that because like many on here I’m not one of those people who can sit there and let others do the work, I wear my heart on my sleeve in some sense. Maybe it hasn’t helped me, but I don’t believe doing nothing would have helped either.

I’m not going to get into a word or wars with you or anyone else, all I will say is that a lot of what people are saying is from either first hand experience or witnessing it happen to others.

For balance mind there was some members on here who went to town on him after the letter to Boris, and it was certainly abusive rather than constructive.

I fully support anyone in whatever small way they have tried to contribute to regime change. This is why despite some of Keith’s misdemeanours, I support him 100% in his efforts.

Is he beyond reproach no, but ultimately I don’t think he cares and sees this as a 2 man action. You’re either with him or you’re not. Is that approach going to unite the fan base certainly not, but I don’t think any of us will care if in some small way he helps get this done.

Is he beyond reproach no, but ultimately I don’t think he cares

Really? Reading some of his Twitter interactions, he's probably the thinnest-skinned human being alive. :lol:

I think you’re mistaken he just has the attitude I won’t take shit from anyone.