Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

All the journos (and Keith) are reporting the same things, just with slightly different spin.

- Buyer and seller still pushing

- Relegation may or may not be a problem

- Peace in the ME paves the way

- Arbitration may or may not render ME relations irrelevant

Manorpark doesn’t know it’s on, Fantail doesn’t know it’s off. Put your cans away for now but divvent shit the bed.

This, its always been this, regardless of who knows who in what business and presumptions of process. There's literally a hand full of people that know the true state of play and claiming to be a party to any of that information is laughable at best. Best just to keep your head down and concentrate on hating Bruce for the foreseeable.

Personally I think the embers are still burning away, whether they go out or finally burst into flames I wouldn't even hazard a guess at. Either way if it goes through we'll finally have a club to be proud of again, if it doesn't then there's genuinely nothing left and I'll probably delete my account as this is the last place that keeps me interested.

All the journos (and Keith) are reporting the same things, just with slightly different spin.

- Buyer and seller still pushing

- Relegation may or may not be a problem

- Peace in the ME paves the way

- Arbitration may or may not render ME relations irrelevant

Manorpark doesn’t know it’s on, Fantail doesn’t know it’s off. Put your cans away for now but divvent s*** the bed.

Agree with most of that. But I’m not saying it’s definitely off for good.

It’s currently off now, unless 3 out of your 4 points all resolve (which at the moment, there is no sign of).

Doesnt staveley still have that deposit/charge wotsit from MASH?

If the takeover was a dead duck then this would have been returned shirley?

Isnt that non-refundable, or am i thinking of something else

Nee idea.

Nee idea.

I thought that was a 17mil non-refundable just to look at the books ect...

Cannot see Ashley selling the club for less should we go down sadly. If we go down I think it’s game over.

And sadly, I cannot see us not going down.

If we go down he'll invest then the price goes up when we come back up. Fucking vicious circle.

Not sure how much Tony Evans knows but he posted this a couple of hours ago:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle/united-takeover-amanda-staveley-pif-b1811060.html

Mike Ashley, the owner, has issued arbitration proceedings against the Premier League and is still keen to offload the club. PIF will not comment on the matter but the Saudis are understood to remain eager to complete the transaction.

Staveley’s courtroom struggles have no impact on Newcastle. The businesswoman is considering an appeal against the Barclays verdict – which would take the case into its 10th year – but whatever decision she makes will not affect her desire to become involved with the club. Neither would relegation. Sources close to the situation maintain that all parties in the consortium would still be interested even if the team are relegated to the Championship.

Those close to the takeover have always believed that the political wrangling should not affect the sale. The murder of Khashoggi has not caused an interruption of economic relations between Britain and Saudi Arabia and many in football do not see why the game needs to take a stance that is not being held by the government.

The takeover could be done very quickly. All the preparation work that takes time before a transaction was completed last year. A price renegotiation would need to take place if the unthinkable happened and Newcastle went down, but the figures are straightforward and that would not take long.

The Premier League would need to give PIF an indication that they were ready to rubber-stamp their involvement. The consortium think that this will be the eventual result but the negative publicity does not help. There is no immediate sign of a change of situation for Newcastle. The only good news they can generate is with a couple of wins on the pitch.

Hence yesterday's news.

Tony Evans definitely has links to Staveley going back to the days when she was involved in an attempted takeover of Liverpool.

Nee idea.

It's structured as a £150m loan agreement from St James Holdings to PCP Capital Partners, part of the loan agreement is a ring-fenced deposit of £13m paid by PCP.

The loan is still registered as an unsatisfied charge for PCP on Companies House:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/OC311146/charges

Even the most optimistic person can read that and he unconcerned surely?

*the full thread not just that single tweet.

Pop into the Positive thread for an update

Oh man do I have to go in there!? 😂

Pop into the Positive thread for an update

Oh man do I have to go in there!? 😂

OK as a positive spin on it Jacobs said "Told this doesn't end their interest in #NUFC"...Thought that Sounded positive to me😀...Others in the thread has suggested  they may be looking at Inter, not as a replacement to us, but as an addition......Brief view of thread

Tbh just my opinion but not sure I want the club to grouped in with other clubs. At least Man City’s owners were buying non European teams and lower league European teams. I don’t particularly want to have the same owners as inter Milan or whoever else they want to buy. I want Newcastle to be unique. Again just my opinion but I suppose it’s got to be better than Mike Ashley owning us

In a newer tweet, he says that he senses that PIF are growing tired of what’s happening with NUFC (who can blame them?) but he has been told they haven’t walked away yet.

Aye I know it can be overly dour in here but that doesn’t sound positive in the slightest. Definately sounds like staveley & Ruebens are pushing for this whereas PIF have started looking at different opportunities while keeping an eye on the arbitration case

That seems incredibly fair and reasoned.

They move on with their bigger picture while we just figure our shit out - or don't - over here. We're a small part of the overall plan, whether we like to think so or not.

Agree. I also think this is lots of talk filling a vacuum - either this gets done this Spring or it's not going to get done. Nothing whatsoever unexpected about the Saudis taking steps to prepare for the eventuality that it doesn't.

Fair enough to those still optimistic but I’m struggling to see how pif making moves to invest in other/bigger football clubs can be viewed as positive or unrelated to our endlessly stalling takeover attempt.

Why would it be bad news?

It shows they're serious about getting into football.