Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Yup this is my thinking. I’ll never ever understand why the useless cunt is fighting so hard for a takeover while seemingly not give a fuck that we are nailed on to go down again

Yup this is my thinking. I’ll never ever understand why the useless cunt is fighting so hard for a takeover while seemingly not give a fuck that we are nailed on to go down again

If we do win the case but get relegated the value will drop say £100m.now my thinking but not sure if possible is that Ashley could still sell to PIF for £200m and claim loss of earnings of £100m against the Premier League? Maybe this is why he won't sack Bruce as he knows he'll get his £300m anyway even if we get relegated. Could be a bit far fetched but I think he would have a good case as they acted against the rules

A long read but it seems to be suggesting NUFC should win this case.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/newcastle-united-fc-takeover-nufc-v-the-premier-league-ksa-pif

Interesting.. Same guy did a comprehensive legal argument on the separation of PIF and State at the start of the takeover. Didn't agree with it back then like.

Until the other day, I have been pessimistic of the essence of Ashley's legal actions. After reading the details though, it's pretty clear that the takeover is still in the cards. Guess this will be enough to keep my interest in this bullshit, through the inevitable relegation.

Yup this is my thinking. I’ll never ever understand why the useless c*** is fighting so hard for a takeover while seemingly not give a f*** that we are nailed on to go down again

If we do win the case but get relegated the value will drop say £100m.now my thinking but not sure if possible is that Ashley could still sell to PIF for £200m and claim loss of earnings of £100m against the Premier League? Maybe this is why he won't sack Bruce as he knows he'll get his £300m anyway even if we get relegated. Could be a bit far fetched but I think he would have a good case as they acted against the rules

Again, I wouldn't mind hearing an informed legal opinion on this. A lot of people on here have laughed at the idea of Mike being able to claim compensation when we get relegated (and sold) but I don't think anyone really knows.

If he had a deal in place that met the criteria for a sale and was denied the sale by unjust means, a compo claim doesn't sound beyond the realms of possibility to me.

It would be a dream scenario as well by the way. Sitting back with our filthy oil billions as we watch Ashley and the PL fight it out.

It is ridiculous how little he seems bothered by the threat of relegation. Even if he's being stubborn, there are so many people involved in the deal, you'd think he'd act based on advice from other people.

He's a very odd man.

A long read but it seems to be suggesting NUFC should win this case.

https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/newcastle-united-fc-takeover-nufc-v-the-premier-league-ksa-pif

Good read that, and yeah, his conclusions appear to be: NUFC shouldn't bother appealing the most recent decision regarding biases (but should feel satisfied about the spotlight being shone on the impartiality of the arbitration); and, there's enough information out there to prove that PIF is its own entity and independent to KSA, despite the majority of its board concurrently being government ministers.

Also the possibility of £x amount paid to Ashley if promoted within the first year and subsequent years? could make it work.

He won't win any loss of earnings claim because he wasn't obliged to hire or stick with a f***ing useless blancmange of a man to manage the team

:lol: :lol:

And how did you mitigate your losses? By keeping Steve Bruce in my employ and signing no one in the January window.

"Steve's one of the best managers in the league. He's managed over 500 games and he guided us to a mid-table finish the previous season. I would love to have spent in the January window but I'm feeling the crunch which is why I wanted to sell the club when I did."

I've no idea how or if you argue about onfield matters in court but I wouldn't be surprised to Ashley vs The PL going through the courts.

We will win it, it’s nailed on.

Because I’m true Newcastle United fashion, it will get the green light but relegation, a completely unavoidable one, will be what kills the deal.

The only possible reason as to why Ashley wont sack Bruce is because he's going to sell to the consortium whether we're a premier league club or a championship club.

Because I’m true Newcastle United fashion, it will get the green light but relegation, a completely unavoidable one, will be what kills the deal.

The only possible reason as to why Ashley wont sack Bruce is because he's going to sell to the consortium whether we're a premier league club or a championship club.

Yeah but there’s no way it’ll be the same price. He’s due a £100m+ loss. Also if arbitration fails he’ll be stuck with a championship club

Yeah but there’s no way it’ll be the same price. He’s due a £100m+ loss. Also if arbitration fails he’ll be stuck with a championship club

If they're confident of winning I suppose he could be looking at this scenario.

Also the possibility of £x amount paid to Ashley if promoted within the first year and subsequent years? could make it work.

A long winded read, but I’ll just say, if it was a straight forward as that we’d already have new owners.. and a new manager, players etc.

Even look at the recent information in the Khashoggi thing about them using aircraft that PIF had bought. It totally undermines any argument that KSA have no control over them.

I can’t see anybody wanting to buy the club in the championship at Ashley’s current value and I can’t see Ashley selling the club at anything less than his current value either. To me if this takeover really was in full swing, he would be making sure the club didn’t go down.

I can’t see anybody wanting to buy the club in the championship at Ashley’s current value and I can’t see Ashley selling the club at anything less than his current value either. To me if this takeover really was in full swing, he would be making sure the club didn’t go down.

The Consortium would not buy a "Championship Club" for the money that they have agreed with Ashley to buy Newcastle United for.

Hopefully, we will not be relegated, but if we are a Premier League Club in the Championship for a season - who cares?

Certainly the Consortium won't care, why would they.

Can people not understand the difference between a Championship Club and a Premier League Club temporarily in the Championship? After all we have done it twice under Ashley, so it would be no hardship under the Consortium and with Benitez at the helm.

It would not affect the Takeover, it wouldn't really affect the development of the club under the new owners either, as they will have to replace pretty well 100% of the playing staff and non-playing staff, no matter which division we are in when they take over the club.

The logic of this is obvious, but (I suppose) "cue the scatter-gun vitriol" !!!!!

The PL are clearly, whether fairly or not, not comfortable with Saudi Arabia being involved in the EPL. And that's completely understandable. There are just far too many issues there.

Whether what they are doing is legally sound though, I don't know.

The Consortium would not buy a "Championship Club" for the money that they have agreed with Ashley to buy Newcastle United for.

Hopefully, we will not be relegated, but if we are a Premier League Club in the Championship for a season - who cares?

Can people not understand the difference between a Championship Club and a Premier League Club temporarily in the Championship? After all we have done it twice under Ashley, so it would be no hardship under the Consortium and with Benitez at the helm.

It would not affect the Takeover, it wouldn't really affect the development of the club under the new owners either, as they will have to replace pretty well 100% of the playing staff and non-playing staff, no matter which division we are in when they take over the club.

The logic of this is obvious, but (I suppose) "cue the scatter-gun vitriol" !!!!!

Ashley imho would not sell at a reduced price and nobody would pay that amount for a championship club and there lies the problem. If you think he would reduce the price fair enough, but, history doesn’t back up that theory.

The concern is if Ashley thinks like you. "If we go down, we'll just come straight back up"

There is no guarantee of that happening due to Ashley's negligence since we came back up.

If we go down this year, it would take a monumental effort to come straight back up.

The concern is if Ashley thinks like you. "If we go down, we'll just come straight back up"

There is no guarantee of that happening due to Ashley's negligence since we came back up.

If we go down this year, it would take a monumental effort to come straight back up.

Under the very wealthy and ambitious new owners and with Benitez in charge.

Ashley imho would not sell at a reduced price and nobody would pay that amount for a championship club and there lies the problem. If you think he would reduce the price fair enough, but, history doesn’t back up that theory.

My post explains that the Takeover would not be affected - the 'price' will remain the same, by a season in the 2nd Division.

My post explains that the Takeover would not be affected - the 'price' will remain the same, by a season in the 2nd Division.

So you really think they would pay the same price for a championship club? I think you’re living in lala land there mind if you do.