Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I can’t see anybody wanting to buy the club in the championship at Ashley’s current value and I can’t see Ashley selling the club at anything less than his current value either. To me if this takeover really was in full swing, he would be making sure the club didn’t go down.

The Consortium would not buy a "Championship Club" for the money that they have agreed with Ashley to buy Newcastle United for.

Hopefully, we will not be relegated, but if we are a Premier League Club in the Championship for a season - who cares?

Certainly the Consortium won't care, why would they.

Can people not understand the difference between a Championship Club and a Premier League Club temporarily in the Championship? After all we have done it twice under Ashley, so it would be no hardship under the Consortium and with Benitez at the helm.

It would not affect the Takeover, it wouldn't really affect the development of the club under the new owners either, as they will have to replace pretty well 100% of the playing staff and non-playing staff, no matter which division we are in when they take over the club.

The logic of this is obvious, but (I suppose) "cue the scatter-gun vitriol" !!!!!

Ashley imho would not sell at a reduced price and nobody would pay that amount for a championship club and there lies the problem. If you think he would reduce the price fair enough, but, history doesn’t back up that theory.

My post explains that the Takeover would not be affected - the 'price' will remain the same, by a season in the 2nd Division.

So you really think they would pay the same price for a championship club? I think you’re living in lala land there mind if you do.

As I say above, a Premier League Club in the Championship for a season (with all their money and Benitez) is a very different animal to a "Championship Club".

I can’t see anybody wanting to buy the club in the championship at Ashley’s current value and I can’t see Ashley selling the club at anything less than his current value either. To me if this takeover really was in full swing, he would be making sure the club didn’t go down.

The Consortium would not buy a "Championship Club" for the money that they have agreed with Ashley to buy Newcastle United for.

Hopefully, we will not be relegated, but if we are a Premier League Club in the Championship for a season - who cares?

Can people not understand the difference between a Championship Club and a Premier League Club temporarily in the Championship? After all we have done it twice under Ashley, so it would be no hardship under the Consortium and with Benitez at the helm.

It would not affect the Takeover, it wouldn't really affect the development of the club under the new owners either, as they will have to replace pretty well 100% of the playing staff and non-playing staff, no matter which division we are in when they take over the club.

The logic of this is obvious, but (I suppose) "cue the scatter-gun vitriol" !!!!!

Ashley imho would not sell at a reduced price and nobody would pay that amount for a championship club and there lies the problem. If you think he would reduce the price fair enough, but, history doesn’t back up that theory.

My post explains that the Takeover would not be affected - the 'price' will remain the same, by a season in the 2nd Division.

Love your optimism but if we are relegated they will need to change the playing staff twice, good premiership players aren't going to play in the championship so we will need players to get us out and then players to progress in the Premier league.

We will win it, it’s nailed on.

Because I’m true Newcastle United fashion, it will get the green light but relegation, a completely unavoidable one, will be what kills the deal.

The only possible reason as to why Ashley wont sack Bruce is because he's going to sell to the consortium whether we're a premier league club or a championship club.

I think it's far more likely he'd just gamble on us going up again first time. Nothing Ashley does makes logical sense, he's just a chancer who's got lucky to be in the position he's in.

So you really think they would pay the same price for a championship club? I think you’re living in lala land there mind if you do.

As I say above, a Premier League Club in the Championship for a season (with all their money and Benitez) is a very different animal to a "Championship Club".

We will see, personally think you’re miles off, but, time will tell.

Love your optimism but if we are relegated they will need to change the playing staff twice, good premiership players aren't going to play in the championship so we will need players to get us out and then players to progress in the Premier league.

Good Premier League players will join us no matter what division we are temporarily in.

The plans, ambitions and objectives of the "New Newcastle United FC" will be very plainly understood by everyone in the football world. Indeed, they already are by the EPL . . . hence their gut-reaction opposition to the Takeover (using whatever 'situations' they can conjure up to somehow justify that opposition).

The PL are clearly, whether fairly or not, not comfortable with Saudi Arabia being involved in the EPL. And that's completely understandable. There are just far too many issues there.

Whether what they are doing is legally sound though, I don't know.

Apart from the Saudi involvement in Man Utd, that's OK though. The whole thing stinks.

There is no such thing as a Premier League club temporarily in the Championship. They're a Championship club by "merit" and until it's confirmed they're going back up, they are just that.

However, I could still see them buying in but with caveats where Ashley gets the full amount should we be promoted.

He won't win any loss of earnings claim because he wasn't obliged to hire or stick with a fucking useless blancmange of a man to manage the team

He could put forward two arguments which may work.

Either a) players and potential managers turned the club down due to uncertainty regarding the takeover. Alternatives weren’t considered good enough.

Or b) certain limitations created by the sale environment meant he was only able to spend £X, of which got spent.

If either of these are his defence then if he plans the legal route he is presently completely tied down and prevented from sacking Bruce

Good Premier League players will join us no matter what division we are temporarily in.

The plans, ambitions and objectives of the "New Newcastle United FC" will be very plainly understood by everyone in the football world. Indeed, they already are by the EPL . . . hence their gut-reaction opposition to the Takeover (using whatever 'situations' they can conjure up to somehow justify that opposition).

Are we ignoring FFP in the championship now?

He won't win any loss of earnings claim because he wasn't obliged to hire or stick with a fucking useless blancmange of a man to manage the team

He could put forward two arguments which may work.

Either a) players and potential managers turned the club down due to uncertainty regarding the takeover. Alternatives weren’t considered good enough.

Or b) certain limitations created by the sale environment meant he was only able to spend £X, of which got spent.

If either of these are his defence then if he plans the legal route he is presently completely tied down and prevented from sacking Bruce

He could say that aliens came from Mercury and told him everything would be ok.

The PL are clearly, whether fairly or not, not comfortable with Saudi Arabia being involved in the EPL. And that's completely understandable. There are just far too many issues there.

Whether what they are doing is legally sound though, I don't know.

Apart from the Saudi involvement in Man Utd, that's OK though. The whole thing stinks.

That's completely and utterly different though, isn't it?

The consortium is one major player missing currently. Unfortunately it’s the one with 80% of the money. They withdrew because of a change in their investment strategy.  Zero real evidence of this having changed after their original withdrawal last year.

There is no such thing as a Premier League club temporarily in the Championship. They're a Championship club by "merit" and until it's confirmed they're going back up, they are just that.

However, I could still see them buying in but with caveats where Ashley gets the full amount should we be promoted.

It really is RTG patter that. “We are too big for this league” how did that work out for the Mackems. If we go down we’ll be a championship club until we come back up or get relegated again. That’s how it works

You're not selling any of those happy pills You're obviously over indulging in are you bud?

The consortium is one major player missing currently. Unfortunately it’s the one with 80% of the money. They withdrew because of a change in their investment strategy.  Zero real evidence of this having changed after their original withdrawal last year.

Not even the fact Caulkin confirmed they believed they were days away from approval after political intervention. This came after their original withdrawal and the money was deposited in an account waiting to be transferred.

Think that’s pretty strong evidence that their original withdrawal was tactical.

A club is a Chamionship club, until they're no longer in the Championship.

There is no such thing as a PL club in the championship for a season.

Not even the fact Caulkin confirmed they believed they were days away from approval after political intervention. This came after their original withdrawal and the money was deposited in an account waiting to be transferred.

Think that’s pretty strong evidence that their original withdrawal was tactical.

Caulkin is paid to make noise to sell clicks and print.  Just show me a PIF statement since their withdrawal statement that shows they still have an interest in buying the club.  Do that and I’m with you all the way.

I do believe pif hold an interest still. I don’t believe that they’ll be just as happy to buy us as a championship club tho. I’ve said for a while now that staying up is a must and looks like that hope is ebbing away. If they buy us in the championship that credit to them.

People need to start bracing themselves for being in the same division as the Mackems and them having the wealthy engaged new owner but that’s a discussion for another time

Caulkin is paid to make noise to sell clicks and print.  Just show me a PIF statement since their withdrawal statement that shows they still have an interest in buying the club.  Do that and I’m with you all the way.

I really don’t think Caulkin has made that up. Very cynical and ignoring a lot of evidence to the contrary.

“You don’t think”. There you go. If you (and manorpark ) used ‘think’ as part of your positive takeover predilection then it would add an element of reality to your posts.

No one can provide a statement directly from PIF. it’s all guesswork. We’d nearly all like to think this would go through. It’s probably the only thing that can save our club from the monotonous modus operandi we are currently suffering.