Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I know it's been said that relegation doesn't kill the deal but it surely puts it into cryogenic deep freeze until (if) we come back up? Nee way wor MBS would be caught dead buying a 2nd tier club.

Yeah, I know. But say IF they we're(or somebody else for that matter) is there any tests for a new owner to go through?

Yes there are EFL tests.

and then they'd still have to pass the PL test if we came back up. It's supposed to be carried out yearly, amazed how Chelsea still have their owner.

Yep whole thing stinks

I can take years of NUFC depression if there's an occasional good event or shred of hope to keep me going. We just don't get those anymore, it is just a relentless sequence of shite heaped upon more shite. And I'm just tired of it..... beyond tired. I'm emotionally destroyed.

I know it's been said that relegation doesn't kill the deal but it surely puts it into cryogenic deep freeze until (if) we come back up? Nee way wor MBS would be caught dead buying a 2nd tier club.

Yeah, I know. But say IF they we're(or somebody else for that matter) is there any tests for a new owner to go through?

Yes there are EFL tests.

and then they'd still have to pass the PL test if we came back up. It's supposed to be carried out yearly, amazed how Chelsea still have their owner.

Really?!

What happens if somebody who already owns a club fails the test?

Yes there are EFL tests.

Really?!

What happens if somebody who already owns a club fails the test?

They won't!

Pretty sure this is the lowest I've ever been when it comes to NUFC. Just relentlessly depressing.

Yeah, it's grim. It'll change one day, for better or worse.  Who knows.  As long as their is hope wherever we are, however shit we are I don't care.  This football club is the lifeblood of a city and whatever the media says it is different to a lot of clubs.  The stadium casts its shadow across the city, on matchday the city is just about football.  So many people rely on this income, from idols back in the day, the burger vans, the strawberry to the blokes selling Chronicles and many, many more besides.  This city at its heart lives and dies by this football club.  Mike Ashley hasn't just ruined a football club and many thousands of people's love of football.  He's also fucked a city to an extent.

If the takeover goes through then it will be one of the best things that has happened to our city since the grants and investments in the 90's from the government.  It's a heavily under invested region and we have been offered significant investment in not only the football club because it's clear why the Reuben brothers are involved.  The PL have blocked the takeover but the question should be not if PIF can invest in NUFC, but if the premier league has the right to block such investment in a region as they have done.

Top post.

It has been bad ever since Steve Bruce became manager. I can't recall at any point of his stay here that I have been happy.

He’s the ultimate Ashley appointment, just rinse and repeat time after time. Gamble every year on 17th, which results in relegation every few years. We’re then faced with getting rid of our better players to be replaced by championship level players. The cycle goes on again once promoted with a squad way below the standard required to improve.

It’s absolutely amazing how someone can not learn from basic mistakes.

It has been bad ever since Steve Bruce became manager. I can't recall at any point of his stay here that I have been happy.

It's been bad since long before he arrived. Rafa papered over the cracks with a bit of false hope but that's about it. I've still all but given up on the club....and the takeover.

If the takeover doesn't happen, then the PL and the Top 6 closed shop fucked us over.

End of.

To give the "Big Six" their full name - The "Sky Big Picture Six".

They are rarely the actual 'top' six, but yes they are "trying" to f**k us over, but they definitely WILL NOT succeed.

What was BZG/I’s plan? They didn’t have the money to buy a bag of chips let alone a football club.

Seems like they were intent on blagging their way to a point where they could start borrowing against it’s value.

It’s so weird how a supposed Sheikh and his business cronies would ruin their reputation for something so unattainable for them.

Forgot about the takeover  :)

Same here. I think this past week was the first week since all the takeover carry on started where I haven't really given it any thought. I think I've just come round to the acceptance of it not happening now. Stopped going to the matches completely after Benitez left, stopped even watching them on TV during this season, the Brentford game being the straw that broke the camels back, and now there's only this place where I have any sort of connection with the club. I've even stopped any NUFC chat on twitter as it tends to be full of idiots.

I can see a full divorce in the near future.

Its just this place, betting and some daft mackems piping up now and then which keeps me remotely interested in NUFC at any level.

If this place shut down I probably would pack in football all together, especially come next year when I won't be working in Sunderland.

This could be my last season as an active fan. When lockdown ends and you’re allowed to do something else, there’s really very little reason to follow us.

A mate of mine texted me a GET IN! last night after the Fulham game. To be honest I didn't even know the score. I just replied asking him if he didn't think it was a bit sad that he'd spent this season celebrating results from other games more than he had Newcastles results.

Forgot about the takeover  :)

Same here. I think this past week was the first week since all the takeover carry on started where I haven't really given it any thought. I think I've just come round to the acceptance of it not happening now. Stopped going to the matches completely after Benitez left, stopped even watching them on TV during this season, the Brentford game being the straw that broke the camels back, and now there's only this place where I have any sort of connection with the club. I've even stopped any NUFC chat on twitter as it tends to be full of idiots.

I can see a full divorce in the near future.

I'm exactly the same. Only look on this forum now and again and newsnow. Hardly even bother watching the match. Got rid of sky sports last year and can't stand watching Steve fucking Bruce spout his bullshit. I cam honestly say I've put no money onto the club since Rafa left and I won't until Ashley has gone