Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Labour Hartlepool by-election candidate said Saudi Arabia was ‘modern and progressive’ after going on £8,700 trip paid for by regime

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/hartlepool-by-election-paul-williams-saudi-arabia-b1819597.html

Do we just need to send Richard Masters on an all-expenses-paid trip to bonesaw country?

One way ticket, preferably.

I feel sick to my stomach that once again we're sleep walking in to relegation, for the third time under Ashley and once again could be avoided. But then it's not the relegation that's killing me, not really, it's the losing out yet again on a takeover which could quite easily have propelled us to the upper echelons of the game. First Ashley fucks off Mansour so he buys Man City, then he cuts corners on keeping us in the league to get us sold to what would be the richest owners in the world. Sweet fucking Jesus, what have we done to deserve this?

I think the fact Ashley hasn't sacked Bruce should tell you everything as to how likely this takeover is to happen. If there was even a small chance Bruce would have been gone.

What makes it worse is relegation removes any hope (however small it was) of getting rid of Ashley - he has a price in his head of what he wants for the club and he won't get that in the championship.

Not sure why we're writing this off again. It was always said that relegation wouldn't necessarily prevent a sale - a mere "pain in the arse" if you believe Caulkin.

Bruce staying and us getting pumped hasn't changed anything. Let's just see what happens, eh?

Not sure why we're writing this off again. It was always said that relegation wouldn't necessarily prevent a sale - a mere "pain in the arse" if you believe Caulkin.

Bruce staying and us getting pumped hasn't changed anything. Let's just see what happens, eh?

Same Caulkin who was saying time and time again no red flags. No chance this is happening if we are relegated and judging Ashley’s actions in failing to even try to stop up going down, I would say there is nothing happening even if we don’t.

14 months on from the news of this takeover happening and here we are... Ashley still owning the club and Bruce in charge with the team hurtling at pace towards relegation.

No sign from anywhere that it’s going to happen. Journalists reporting more and more that time is decreasing the enthusiasm from PIF, a never ending arbitration case with one fail already, yet people are still blindly optimistic.

Relegation a mere inconvenience, just with another 15 other ‘mere inconveniences’ in the way.

Same Caulkin who was saying time and time again no red flags.

Yeah because that's what the PL were saying.. He's not a mind reader, he can only present the info he gets.  Is the fact hes able to be lied to supposed to make everything he says now more doubtful than before?  I don't get it, I mean I knew he wasn't psychic all along personally.

I'm sure he's been told by someone involved directly that relegation won't necessarily end the takeover.  No reason to belive he's made it up.  So the question is do you believe there's a good motive for someone involved to lie about that?  If so what?

Yeah because that's what the PL were saying.. He's not a mind reader, he can only present the info he gets.  Is the fact he isn't a mind reader and so is able to be lied to supposed to make everything he says now more doubtful than before?  I don't get it, I mean I knew he wasn't psychic all along personally.

So why believe he isn't being lied to now either, and by the way it was the buyers reporting to him no red flags not the PL. You want to believe it go ahead, personally I think he's being fed total s*** and has been all the way through.

Yeah because that's what the PL were saying.. He's not a mind reader, he can only present the info he gets.  Is the fact he isn't a mind reader and so is able to be lied to supposed to make everything he says now more doubtful than before?  I don't get it, I mean I knew he wasn't psychic all along personally.

So why believe he isn't being lied to now either, and by the way it was the buyers reporting to him no red flags not the PL. You want to believe it go ahead, personally I think he's being fed total s*** and has been all the way through.

Why believe he is being lied too?  Like I said being lied to has no barring at all on the likelihood of someone else lying to that same person in the future.  Especially when it seems obvious it was the PL lying to the buyers that caused this. I've little doubt that the PL were claiming there were no issues.  At least right until the end.  It fits perfectly with the way the PL were trying to deal with this.  Which was to try to make the takeover go away without having to reject it.  Just keep saying its all fine, ask more questions, repeat indefinitely until the takeover dies of old age.

Why believe he is being lied too?  Like I said being lied to has no barring at all on the likelihood of someone else lying to that same person in the future.  Especially when it seems obvious it was the PL lying to the buyers that caused this. I've little doubt that the PL were claiming there were no issues.  At least right until the end.  It fits perfectly with the way the PL were trying to deal with this.  Which was to try to make the takeover go away without having to reject it.  Just keep saying its all fine, ask more questions, repeat indefinitely until the takeover dies of old age.

Someone is filling him with s*** as he is the one who kept reporting no red flags, even when it was pretty obvious there was. You want to believe he is not being fed s*** then fine, that’s totally your choice.

Someone is filling him with s*** as he is the one who kept reporting no red flags, even when it was pretty obvious there was. You want to believe he is not being fed s*** then fine, that’s totally your choice.

Was Caulkin being lied to or were his sources being lied to?

Or amazing as it seems, things change.

Perhaps in the early stages of the deal the PL themselves saw no red flags, then Liverpool, Qatar and whoever else stuck their oars in and things changed. The club have released a statement saying they're bending arse over tit trying to sell and pro-takeover journos, neutral journos and Keith Zebra are all on the same page too. It isn't a conspiracy. They're trying.

Regarding "Why has Bruce not been sacked?", perhaps Ashley has been assured they will buy regardless of relegation but he'll have to drop his price by however much amount and is now happy to gamble. Obviously we can all see his odds of winning are a million to one but it's different for him. It's like you sticking a tenner on a horse because you thought "Mary Hinge" was a funny name.

The takeover attempt isn't off until we're told otherwise.

At the end of the day he’s the one reporting it and journalists are rated on accuracy.

Where has all this ridiculous and illogical "The Takeover is Dead" rubbish suddenly coming from again??

It is total 'invented' rubbish!

The main current fact that we actually KNOW about, is that Arbitration is soon going to happen . . . that means it IS NOT DEAD.

Get a grip!

We just need to (still, I know . . . ) W A I T.

What makes it worse is relegation removes any hope (however small it was) of getting rid of Ashley - he has a price in his head of what he wants for the club and he won't get that in the championship.

Maybe you would like to elaborate on where the shite that you have written above comes from? Didn't think so.