Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I understand why not sacking Bruce adds to the 'no takeover' narrative but I still think it can be spun as "I'm about to leave (post-arbitration) so I don't give a s*** about relegation or Bruce".

Whilst I lose half the value of the club by doing so. Sorry not buying that spin.

So this thread has been bumped so people who think the takeover is dead can re-tell us that they still dont think the takeover will happen? [emoji38]

Yes we know, you've all told us a million times that you think the takeover is dead. This obsession with repeating your stance is canny weird. :idiot2:

I assume that this thread and its little brother are being lined up as the priority ones to get shifted over to the new forum, along with the Brexit thread and the one where Delima talked about consensual sex with animals

So this thread has been bumped so people who think the takeover is dead can re-tell us that they still dont think the takeover will happen? [emoji38]

Yes we know, you've all told us a million times that you think the takeover is dead. This obsession with repeating your stance is canny weird. :idiot2:

So it's not a subject for discussion then?, stick to the positive thread then if all you want to hear is that the takeover is going ahead.

I understand why not sacking Bruce adds to the 'no takeover' narrative but I still think it can be spun as "I'm about to leave (post-arbitration) so I don't give a s*** about relegation or Bruce".

Whilst I lose half the value of the club by doing so. Sorry not buying that spin.

We don't know if agreements have been signed, promises made etc

So are you trying to say PIF are willing to pay the 350 million if relegation occurs or that Ashley is ok with losing half the value of the club. Neither make any sense at all whichever way you look at it. Sorry again not buying that either.

So it's not a subject for discussion then?, stick to the positive thread then if all you want to hear is that the takeover is going ahead.

It's ok, I dont feel the need to bump that thread to tell everyone that I believe the takeover still has some legs. But hey, why not wait a couple of days and then rebump this 1 to tell everyone how you still dont think I the takeover will happen. Strange!

A bit like bumping the Bruce thread to say you think he should be sacked?

Or bumping the match day thread to tell everyone you thought we’d lose and we did?

Or bumping the betting thread to follow up on a bet you said everyone should place?

It’s a forum for discussion. The discussion in here at the moment is that there has been no positive signs, or any indication whatsoever the takeover is alive with any sort of decent pulse rate. It’s hardly obtuse to come in and discuss that.

No news is a discussion point, especially when we’ve been waiting 14 months for something to happen.

So are you trying to say PIF are willing to pay the 350 million if relegation occurs or that Ashley is ok with losing half the value of the club. Neither make any sense at all whichever way you look at it. Sorry again not buying that either.

No, PIF won't pay 350m if relegated

No, Ashley likely won't accept half - out of interest, where do you get this revised cost if relegated?

No, Ashley likely won't accept half - out of interest, where do you get this revised cost if relegated?

Most financial experts are saying the cost of the club will be valued at least 100 million less. Please tell me one championship club which has been sold for anywhere near 175 million ever, never mind recent times with the current pandemic. This is a club who doesn't even own it's own ground either.

Most financial experts are saying the cost of the club will be valued at least 100 million less. Please tell me one championship club which has been sold for anywhere near 175 million ever, never mind recent times with the current pandemic. This is a club who doesn't even own it's own ground either.

100m is not 50% and what financial experts? It's guesswork - we aren't really worth 350m now. How many bottom 4 clubs have ever been sold for 350m?

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. PIF may well be willing to over pay to get their first choice club.

I obviously don't have a clue and have no idea what will happen, but I'm not making grandiose statements like I do.

I know it was a while ago but Ashley is asking for more than Liverpool cost Fenway Sports Group. We're overpriced and that's why we've not been sold yet imo.

2016 - Moshiri purchased 49% of Everton for £87.5m (valuing them at £175m)

2013 - Liverpool were purchased for £300m.

In the Championship in 2016, Wolves were purchased for a paltry £45m.

We’re ridiculously overpriced.

Yep, it's coming too.

Hhtoon (replying to et tu brute)
100m is not 50% and what financial experts? It's guesswork - we aren't really worth 350m now. How many bottom 4 clubs have ever been sold for 350m?
Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. PIF may well be willing to over pay to get their first choice club.

I obviously don't have a clue and have no idea what will happen, but I'm not making grandiose statements like I do. 

Bimpy474
I know it was a while ago but Ashley is asking for more than Liverpool cost Fenway Sports Group. We're overpriced and that's why we've not been sold yet imo.

Fantail Breeze (replying to Bimpy)
2016 - Moshiri purchased 49% of Everton for £87.5m (valuing them at £175m)
2013 - Liverpool were purchased for £300m.

In the Championship in 2016, Wolves were purchased for a paltry £45m.

We’re ridiculously overpriced.

3 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Most likely PIF will not be interested when we get relegated.

Already been said that they will still be interested but would result in either a lower or structured fee.

As they see it, Man City’s valuation is now £2bn. If they bought us for £300m, put in another £300m in transfer funds and infrastructure improvements and then spend our earnings with the help of better commercial deals, then we could easily hit and exceed that valuation in future.

13 minutes ago, Stifleaay said:

Already been said that they will still be interested but would result in either a lower or structured fee.

As they see it, Man City’s valuation is now £2bn. If they bought us for £300m, put in another £300m in transfer funds and infrastructure improvements and then spend our earnings with the help of better commercial deals, then we could easily hit and exceed that valuation in future.

It will only take new owners I reckon 1 year to transform our commercial and matchday income considering we are at the same level as in 2008 - both should be treble of what they are now (at least)

1 hour ago, Stifleaay said:

Absolutely, Ashley has minimised any and all commercial outlets since he arrived all for the benefit of his tat emporium, wouldn't take a business guru to grow that immediately.

Man, imagine a club that actively strives to maximise all revenue streams and invests them solely in the vessel used to attract that additional revenue. So much untapped potential here, get the fans back onside and smash the glass ceiling, I wouldn't care where we were so long as we were maximising our potential to be there.