Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

23 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

A total guessing game but maybe the delay tactics of challenging the chair were to get those freedom of information requests out in the public before pressing on. The whole issue of them briefing Downing Street in what’s supposed to be a confidential process seems important to the case.

What would be interesting is where the FOI request in relation to Boris and MBS came from. It must have been submitted well before all this Cameron stuff came out. 

On a side note though, Ashley is apparently happy it’s back in the spotlight.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

Same. All logic says it will be passed. We've got a foreign state who get whatever they want, backed by the British government, with support of the biggest kunt in high street retail, who has hired the best lawyers in the world and, for once, they're all legally in the right. But we are NUFC.

Summed up perfectly. There are people, positioned somewhere, in the most key areas that will ensure that this blocked. No idea who these people might be but I can just feel it in my water.

47 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

Where you got that from?

Chronicle.

‘The high profile reports have cranked up pressure on the Premier League ahead of their arbitration battle with Mike Ashley.

Ashley is understood to be pleased to see the subject gain national attention after it was reported that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman spoke to Mr Johnson and asked him to correct what he saw as a mistake by the top-flight’.

Edited by Whitley mag

3 hours ago, Wandy said:

Next fucking season? Fuck off man.

If you're going off what Caulkin wrote its not exactly what he means. 

But of a click bait title really as he's only saying that's how it'll be if nothing changes, which is quite obvious. 

Edited by Scotty66

3 hours ago, manorpark said:

My Mother always used to say that the "very best things in life are worth waiting for".

Apart from being a very lovely lady, she was also a very wise person.

What she said certainly applies here so "ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS . . . . . . "

Ashley will be preying for the takeover he can't risk another season like this one and if Bruce is still here with him next season he can kiss goodbye to full stadiums 

5 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

looks to me like a coordinated attempt at derailing the deal again from plastic sports journalists. Which means someone knows it’s back on and close. I bet it’s Liverpool who are dead against it. 

The Times ran an article today about Boris Johnson getting directly involved last year, that too in the main news section, not the sports. There wasn't really much in there that we didn't already know, but it did seem to be implying there was something seedy about Boris getting involved so maybe a pro-PL/Big 6 stance taken by the writer. 

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The press are fucking desperate for this not to happen. But I’ve spoken to the angel Gabriel and he said ‘fuck those plastic sports writer cunts, it’s on as fuck’. I don’t know what more evidence you’d need than that. 

Pretty sure he is merking you, Agbonlahor won't want his pal sacked with a new takeover. 

18 minutes ago, duo said:

Absolute non-story. As stated above, there are sections of the media who are dead against this going through.

The only article worth taking any notice of is the Jason Burt one from the Telegraph a couple of days ago. That tells you the truth about where the deal is at.