Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

One post in the positivity thread in the last 24 hours tells its own story. No updates from @Whitley mag today? I wonder why.... 

Aye. Not a peep from both @Whitley mag or @manorpark for a while but just wait and they'll come around and post together like clubs pulling out from the European Super League.

Edited by nufcjb

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Aye. Not a peep from both @Whitley mag or @manorpark for a while but just wait and they'll come and post together like clubs pulling out from the European Super League.

Probably because like all of us there’s no news, positive or negative out there to post.....and I don’t include edwards efforts as worthy of any news. I’m sure they will appear as soon as we get any titbits to feed us.

I think we can all agree that news surrounding football since Sunday has been exhausting as well as riveting. I don’t think the appetite is there to go around the houses again on known info or guessing games on what we don’t.

Its bubbling away under the surface and away from prying eyes. I’m far happier when we don’t have leaks or stupid stories from troll journos.

The weekend will bring its own path, we lose to the dippers and it’ll be all doom and gloom until the next game, we get a point or 3 and we’re as good as safe. Takeover talk will soon resurface.

I am always reading that this takeover has been “exhausting” and that it’s not fair to get people’s hopes up as the strain could lead to mental collapse. I can honestly say football has never fatigued me to the point it affects my ability to function.  

Edited by Candi_Hills

8 hours ago, nufcjb said:

Aye. Not a peep from both @Whitley mag or @manorpark for a while but just wait and they'll come around and post together like clubs pulling out from the European Super League.

8 hours ago, Jinky Jim said:

Probably because like all of us there’s no news, positive or negative out there to post.....and I don’t include edwards efforts as worthy of any news. I’m sure they will appear as soon as we get any titbits to feed us.

Speaking for myself, I post when there is something that needs saying and I don't post when there isn't.

Wonder if this is what Edwards was spunking his kegs over?  The German article he links further down I assume suggests that there is some Saudi backing somewhere along the line for the ESL, but it's paywalled so nee idea. 

5 minutes ago, TheHoob said:

Wonder if this is what Edwards was spunking his kegs over?  The German article he links further down I assume suggests that there is some Saudi backing somewhere along the line for the ESL, but it's paywalled so nee idea. 

So Edwards let Slater have the scoop, if there was a scoop to be had.....nah

PIF have their money in so much it would be hard not to find some connection to them. It's an investment fund. PIF have money in Amazon, rumoured to have been approached to broadcast the ESL. This is just mischief making again.

Big news from Saudi Arabia.......they are running out of sand and have been nicking sand from Brighton.     Newcastle Online........aw man, that's the takeover screwed then, De Marco will quit as he loves his Brighton view!

That’s clearly not Edwards’ news like.

I hate him as much as anyone but I love how everyone immediately ignores his information if it’s negative about the takeover :lol:

Lap up some ITK from a random forum who knew one statement was going to be put on our website, but not a journalist who has  sadly got more right than wrong about this takeover.

Having a negative outlook doesn’t make him ITK when things don’t go right. I don’t think Edwards has broken or been partial to any news during this takeover saga, he has just displayed an overall negative outlook.

25 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I mean this seems completely left field from Slater. Saudi backing of the club World Cup killed the deal now ?

I think what he is actually saying is 'I've not said anything about KSA money being behind the Super League, killing the NUFC deal, but KSA money was behind Infantino's 2019 CWC plan'. It was just confusingly written.

Although, he then goes on to completely contradict himself by saying the SL would have been KSA backed.

Edited by Jackie Broon

10 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

That’s clearly not Edwards’ news like.

I hate him as much as anyone but I love how everyone immediately ignores his information if it’s negative about the takeover :lol:

Lap up some ITK from a random forum who knew one statement was going to be put on our website, but not a journalist who has  sadly got more right than wrong about this takeover.

He hasn't got anything right.