Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Boo Boy said:

Trying to do something productive is like being a cannibal and using a knife and fork is but is still being a cannibal. He was, is and will always be an attention seeking knacker who has caused problems for the takeover

Absolute fucking bollocks

26 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Aye, he's a random target for people to wave their angry stick at. He's doing nothing that affects them in any way too, so let him get on with it. Yet the poor bloke is slagged off left right and centre. So strange.

Very true I don’t agree with slagging the bloke but I also don’t agree with people hanging on his every word. When you look at it he’s not really have any exclusive info at all apart from a letter PL sent him about his court case being in a queue it’s all very strange 

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Very true I don’t agree with slagging the bloke but I also don’t agree with people hanging on his every word. When you look at it he’s not really have any exclusive info at all apart from a letter PL sent him about his court case being in a queue it’s all very strange 

Well we will find out this week as he put his neck on the block on Friday. Hopefully it is as big as what he was suggesting.

2 hours ago, BlueStar said:

Hope it's at least settled one way or the other, but I think even if the club loses arbitration that some people are far too emotionally invested in positive optimism and will start claiming that - or looking fro clues that -there will be an appeal, or that the pan all along was to lose the arbitration and the Premier League have walked right into a trap.

I doubt it. ManorPark and Whitley are the two most optimistic posters and neither of them strike me as daft enough to think a loss at the arbiration case is part of a Master plan.

45 minutes ago, Boo Boy said:

Trying to do something productive is like being a cannibal and using a knife and fork is but is still being a cannibal. He was, is and will always be an attention seeking knacker who has caused problems for the takeover

What problem has he caused? 

An attention seeking knacker will have no influence on any legal or business negotiations.

Do agree that he is attention seeking and knows as little as anyone else on here

19 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

I doubt it. ManorPark and Whitley are the two most optimistic posters and neither of them strike me as daft enough to think a loss at the arbiration case is part of a Master plan.

15 minutes ago, Anderson said:

You must read a different forum to the rest of us.

Candi_Hills reads the forum.

The only thing that has me a bit suss about the Keith lad is, what has he actually been doing and is it actually in coordination with PIF and PCP. It seems beyond reality that a random fan has done or can do anything to force through a takeover by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund. 

I watched that three amigos podcast from last week when it was posted in here and it was very much z lister talking heads being as vague as they could be while trying to drum up positivity. If there is a takeover there will be positivity. I don’t see why a pr effort to keep the fans onside affects anything to do with the outcome of arbitration and I can’t imagine why pif or pcp would get any outsiders involved other than having a low risk attritional body to take a bullet if things go bad. I left fairly unconvinced that anyone knows anything of any importance .

And if he’s one of you I’m not having a go, it all just seems very…weird. 

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

1 minute ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

The only thing that has me a bit suss about the Keith lad is, what has he actually been doing and is it actually in coordination with PIF and PCP. It seems beyond reality that a random fan has done or can do anything to force through a takeover by the Saudi sovereign wealth fund. 

I watched that three amigos podcast from last week when it was posted in here and it was very much a lister talking heads being as vague as they could be while trying to drum up positivity. If there is a takeover there will be positivity. I don’t see why a pr effort to keep the fans onside affects anything to do with the outcome of arbitration and I can’t imagine why pif or pcp would get any outsiders involved other than having a low risk attritional body to take a bullet if things go bad.

Why don’t people just wait for this big exclusive coming out this week. Hopefully that will give more of an idea on what this Keith is about and whether it’s nothing or something.

14 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

I watched that three amigos podcast from last week when it was posted in here and it was very much z lister talking heads being as vague as they could be while trying to drum up positivity. If there is a takeover there will be positivity. I don’t see why a pr effort to keep the fans onside affects anything to do with the outcome of arbitration and I can’t imagine why pif or pcp would get any outsiders involved other than having a low risk attritional body to take a bullet if things go bad. I left fairly unconvinced that anyone knows anything of any importance .

It's a valid question and one which Keith addressed directly.

"People ask me, Keith, what are you actually doing? Well, next week you're going to find out I've been doing."

Let's hope he delivers.

23 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Why don’t people just wait for this big exclusive coming out this week. Hopefully that will give more of an idea on what this Keith is about and whether it’s nothing or something.

Well it is this week, and *tumbleweed*

I want to believe ffs but what am I supposed to be believing in, and who? It doesn’t breed confidence when the guys who are going to save the day are ‘not a priest’ wraith, a fat ex-pat dentist who vapes on camera and another older dude who I’ve never even heard of suggest a party is happening off screen. All of these YouTube goblins meeting up weekly to discuss what? If anything happens we’ll know within minutes. 

Being charitable I suppose they did look into the PIF super league stuff and rubbish it but even then, the telegraph beat them to it so how do I know these blokes aren’t just doing what I’m doing and reading anything and listening to anyone who has a positive take 

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

Banging on about some big news, but they are willing to put off releasing it (risking someone else beating them to the punch with this geet big scoop) until later in the week, conveniently after their podcast.  

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for anything groundbreaking. 

15 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Banging on about some big news, but they are willing to put off releasing it (risking someone else beating them to the punch with this geet big scoop) until later in the week, conveniently after their podcast.  

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for anything groundbreaking. 

Where have they said they're putting it off? The podcast with Kennedy is tonight and last night he tweeted "should be a good one 👀" so surely it must come tonight?

11 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Where have they said they're putting it off? The podcast with Kennedy is tonight and last night he tweeted "should be a good one 👀" so surely it must come tonight?

Unfortunately, I think tonight will just be 90 minutes of "I know something you don't know". He's not ganna say what it is before it hits the Gazette, is he? That said, I do believe they're about to release something substantial and my guess is that it'll be at the behest of De Marco.

Just hoyed Mimms in the search bar for a bit of nostalgia.  We've gone around in so many circles with this that we risk disappearing up our own arse.

It was quite entertaining when that user sent some sort of tracker in a DM because he wanted to prove his theory that Mimms was actually Liam Kennedy.